• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Dakotart

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years

Dakota Art Stuff

Hi I've been drawing a lot of Pokémon stuff for the past year and this thread is me chronicling my attempts to not be bad at it :3

Recent Stuff

Spoiler:

Older Stuff

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
your art is literally the best
there's some that's like you said, still works in progress
but some of the doodles are just iconic and chefs kiss super good
i see that style developing too :eyes:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 26, 2022
I love this. Looks like you're a very prolific artist - no shortage of ideas or ability to follow up on them. Keep up the good work. :)

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
thank yall :) i'm tryin

art from the last few days

Chikorita

YjKBlYj.png

Umbreon Scene Doodle

87fiRLp.png

Stella & Mai (from GT D&D)

P8hKLqI.png

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
i'm trying to figure out where i want to go with this style of really thick lines. i started that way just as a crutch, because smaller lines are easier to mess up, but i kind of like how the thick line style has worked out for me. problem is it really restricts how much detail i can add. and when i try to mix multiple thicknesses, like with oshawott's torso, it just looks weird :(

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I've been drawing almost every day, but mostly stuff that didn't turn out well or OCs that I feel like I'd have to explain if I posted them here. So have a Tangela that I drew tonight!

I also switched from Photoshop to Illustrator, which was painful at first but I think I'm gonna like it a lot better in the long run. I grew up using Photoshop for every single image manipulation thing so that was my default, but Illustrator is obviously way better for this.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
Oh hey my pal posted an art thread! Anyways, it's always so nice to see others trying out art and I am loving the expressions poured into your drawings, gives them a lot of character!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
Spoiler:

Practice makes perfect; so far your art is looking good and looks like it can get better. Don't be afraid to experiment with new techniques or programs, find which one works best for you and keep up your practice, learn from the stuff that didn't turn out so well and try to re-do it in different ways, you can also try different angles, you can also try using backgrounds. Remember that imagination has no limits. 😀

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've been drawing almost every day, but mostly stuff that didn't turn out well or OCs that I feel like I'd have to explain if I posted them here. So have a Tangela that I drew tonight!

I also switched from Photoshop to Illustrator, which was painful at first but I think I'm gonna like it a lot better in the long run. I grew up using Photoshop for every single image manipulation thing so that was my default, but Illustrator is obviously way better for this.

I LOVE THIS ONE omg

really cute style overall :3

Years
I know I've said this already, but you're improving really fast and I like your art style a lot. It's very cartoony.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Based on this tweet, upon which my first thought was "wow that looks like a palette swapped Gon Freecss" when seeing it. so i just made that.

tay9MQ3.png

watch HxH everyone!!!!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Hello I forgot to post here for a while so you get the latest 3 things I drew!

DUOAggB.png

6wmYRY8.png

JOdGp9L.png

As you can probably tell, I haven't really figured out a consistent style yet. Or maybe I'm just alternating between two styles. I guess this isn't really a bad thing with art, but the analytic programmer-y part of my brain keeps telling me to pick one thing so I can get really good at it. Shrug.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
you're improving lightning fast. clearly you were born to be an artist, so happy to see you realized it 💗⭐️

Back