• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Danganronpa, etc.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Danganronpa, etc.

Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation

There is an esteemed academy, where all high achievers aspire to go. The graduates of this school are guaranteed excellence in their later life. However, it's not that easy to graduate at this school.

A psychological murder mystery-type anime, so far this series looks promising. With an odd, rather scary evil-teddybear as the Principle and an odd assortment of students, I am already trying to guess what will happen - and failing at every turn.

Spoiler:

Anyone else watching?​

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • Yes indeed. Read the LP of the first one, played through the second one, currently reading the ZERO novels. It's a very good series and I'm glad that the Vita port will be released in the west. The gameplay in 2 is actually really challenging in later levels, and not just because I'm not fluent in moonrunes.

But yeah, I can't wait for the first trial because the process is really interesting and I want to see how it's animated.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Of course I'm watching. Only had time to watch the first episode though. Not afraid of any spoilers, since I read through the LP of the first one, so I know what's going to happen. Still, it's great to see everything and everyone animated, and I'm wondering how they're going to pace the story line and how much is revealed about the characters.

Shame I stopped using Monobear themes. I would have had my choice of plenty after this.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Was waiting for someone to start this =D
    Yes, I'm watching. I already finished the first game =D (In 2.5 days after watching the first episode xD)
    I'm looking forward to translation of second game and especially Vita port.
    Just give us JAPANESE voices, please...

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • Was waiting for someone to start this =D
    Yes, I'm watching. I already finished the first game =D (In 2.5 days after watching the first episode xD)
    I'm looking forward to translation of second game and especially Vita port.
    Just give us JAPANESE voices, please...

I dunno, I'd enjoy the localization if the English voices were the same caliber as the Japanese ones. It's pretty amazing how they got such well-known casts for a couple of simple visual novels.

thefallendetective

-johnlocked-
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 31, 2014
    I've already watched the first episode and I don't know what to feel because not much was revealed
    I guess? Going to watch the second one now and see how it goes! c:

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
  • The anime hasn't disappointed thus far, it's been really good. I'm glad, because I was worried before it aired. xD; Having read some of the LP, I was one of those fans that freaked out over the anime, but was also iffy about how it would turn out. Was pleased, though.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I'm currently reading the LP of the first game and am on chapter 5. So far, I'm enjoying it more than I thought it would. I'm also watching the anime but to be honest, it feels very rushed. I might end up dropping it soon. It's nice to see it animated, though.
    The anime hasn't disappointed thus far, it's been really good. I'm glad, because I was worried before it aired. xD; Having read some of the LP, I was one of those fans that freaked out over the anime, but was also iffy about how it would turn out. Was pleased, though.
    Why do you guys read LPs instead of playing the game for real?

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • Why do you guys read LPs instead of playing the game for real?

The fan translation of the first game was released only very recently and the official localization of it won't be happening until 2014. Since it's a visual novel, reading the LP as opposed to actually playing the game isn't too different. The biggest drawback is the inability to pick which Free Time events to complete, but those have no actual plot significance anyway so they don't really matter.

Back