• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Day/Night System by AndryAndrew & HackLars - Version 1.1.0 released!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    HackMew's Day/Night for fire red is based on a clock in the game (IGC clock) that doesn't simulate the real hours (so in HackMew's Day-Night the night come after, for example, five hours of playing). Our Day-Night instead must follow the real hour, like it do for Ruby and Sapphire... But in Fire Red there's no RTC(Real Time Clock), so I'm trying to make my one... But I Haven't succeded in it yet -.-

giova90

Moebius
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2014
    okok but i see in the dante's site pokehacking a screen with the clock in the bag that said: the real hour with the current day(monday i think)...so my theory(maybe wrong) is that, the clock is internal, it's not like the time in ruby....but say the exact hour...now you can't follow this resonment?

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    The only way to do a clock that say the real hour IMHO is writing a ASM routine that get informations from RTC... If someone succeded in it (not HackMew, that did another thing) please contact me (if he want)...

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • well....
    here's my 'genius' scheme.
    1)Make a new multichoice box that has possible times (1-12) or some other way to get the time from the player as you do in R/S/E
    2)In the savefile there is a record of the time you have spent playing.
    3)Add the time spent playing, then divide it by 24 (b/c 24 hours in a day) ignore the quotient, you want the remainder.
    4)The remainder will be the time in hours, now you only need to do something similar for minutes.
    Now the only thing i can immediately see is....how are we going to store the time from the player input?
    Obviously there are things i left out, like AM/PM but that would only require a simple yes/no.
    Then you obviously know how to change the pallettes. I would do so myself, but asm doesn't like me much.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    well....
    here's my 'genius' scheme.
    1)Make a new multichoice box that has possible times (1-12) or some other way to get the time from the player as you do in R/S/E
    2)In the savefile there is a record of the time you have spent playing.
    3)Add the time spent playing, then divide it by 24 (b/c 24 hours in a day) ignore the quotient, you want the remainder.
    4)The remainder will be the time in hours, now you only need to do something similar for minutes.
    Now the only thing i can immediately see is....how are we going to store the time from the player input?
    Obviously there are things i left out, like AM/PM but that would only require a simple yes/no.
    Then you obviously know how to change the pallettes. I would do so myself, but asm doesn't like me much.
    But in this way you get a clock "in-game"... so it doesn't say the REAL time, but a time that depends of hours of playing... You described the "easy" way, RTC is the "hard" way...

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2021
    Hello! It seems very good, but... the site is offline :(

Couldn't you please upload it to Rapidshare/Megaupload, or another server?

Would like to try it :/

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • But in this way you get a clock "in-game"... so it doesn't say the REAL time, but a time that depends of hours of playing... You described the "easy" way, RTC is the "hard" way...
    Eh ok, that just means longer wait >_>
    but i suppose your right a RTC would be a LOT more accurate, and maybe we could find a way to set time like R/S?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Ugh, I only have version 1.0.0, but if Hacklars and Andyandrew does not care, I could mirror it...
    Same goes with anyone that has 1.1.0, send it to me, and with Hacklars and Andyandrew's permission, I will mirror it until there site is up and running, since this is becoming quite bothersome...
    (Of course, you could just man up and host the damn tool here, all the downtime is getting old you two, fix yer crap.)

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Ugh, I only have version 1.0.0, but if Hacklars and Andyandrew does not care, I could mirror it...
    Same goes with anyone that has 1.1.0, send it to me, and with Hacklars and Andyandrew's permission, I will mirror it until there site is up and running, since this is becoming quite bothersome...
    (Of course, you could just man up and host the damn tool here, all the downtime is getting old you two, fix yer crap.)
    ok, mirror it... the HackLars site seems doesn't work

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2010
    I edited open post with omega's link.
    now pokehacking work, so now you have 2 mirror link to download DayNight System

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
    Years
  • Eh ok, that just means longer wait >_>
    but i suppose your right a RTC would be a LOT more accurate, and maybe we could find a way to set time like R/S?
    I thought about that for a second....
    Scratch that, my method would not be accurate for long unless the player leaves the emu and comp running.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • I tried it, it works, but I keep getting a runtime error about a nonexistent array "256" or something. Past that, it's great!...

...is there a way to change the alpha? It would be a great add on.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • I get an error message when I open it, which is the following...

"Component COMDLG32.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."

Is this a normal issue?

ArchsageX

The greatest sage.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2013
    This is absolutely amazing. Definitely one of the best ASM hacks I've ever seen (and trust me, I've seen a lot). Congratulations on this amazing feat, I can relate with how much work and time this much have taken.

Lyu

Back in action
    Years
  • This is absolutely amazing. Definitely one of the best ASM hacks I've ever seen (and trust me, I've seen a lot). Congratulations on this amazing feat, I can relate with how much work and time this much have taken.
    I absolutely agree with you.

Just a awesome ASM hack! Just amzing.
    By the way, I'll wait for a emerald version. That'd be nice!

Anyway, well done.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back