• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Death Note scare at Gig Harbor middle school

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    ^ Is such a fun sqeezer :(.

I am not very knoledgable on death notes, but in my opinion, if they want to express anger, let them, If you don't get that out of your system, you'll end up really as a murderer, and to express more anger, they should eat the note :P. I mean, srsly, the death notes come from expression and imagination, except it's the type that should be destroyed afterwards. Disciplination for this is like Death penalty for mooning in private.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2008
    personally i believe the best way to realease anger is to go to some fighting school and release it on ur opponent, cause theres always someone regulating the fight so no one gets really hurt, + one may make some friends(if one doesnt hit the other too hard lol)
    if that doesnt work it means there is no represed anger, just a plain psycho

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    But they didn't write the notes in private, they did it in school. And they're not being killed for it...just expelled. ._.

Another fun Sqeezer? That was just a similie :(

I mean, getting your record dirty for writing a dumb piece of paper that doesn't mean anything. Wouldn't you think the Principals were Luke bags?

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    If they wrote it in public, they already are dumb and would deserve a kind of punishment. "Oh look! I'm going to kill you all with my Death Note," or even taking it to school and carelessly dropping it on the floor where someone can turn him/her in. It's not that I believe he should've been expelled ._. Even I think that's a bit too much, but at least a warning to say to don't do this stuff in public and cause a world wide catastrophe. I am a big lover of Death Note (Have all 13 Mangas) and I'd hate to see them banned.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I believe that the school handled it perfectly. You may see it as a series for kids like yourself, but please look at the big picture. The kids wrote a friken death note! They didn't get into a fight or flip off a classmate. They wrote a death note. Expulsion I think was the way to go; I personally would have added therapy, so the kid won't go into a school with a gun and start shooting people (for all of you that talk about the kid's hatred).

Even if the kid is letting anger loose, this isn't a game. This is a life.

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    Another fun Sqeezer? That was just a similie :(
    Yeah, I know. I was in a bad mood when I made that post. Sorry about that. ._.;

I personally would have added therapy, so the kid won't go into a school with a gun and start shooting people (for all of you that talk about the kid's hatred).
    That's an excellent point. You always hear about how school shootings have a bunch of warning signs that get overlooked. Well this is one of those signs, only this time it's outlined in neon lights, and they don't seem to get it.

supersmashbro93

Game Lover
    Years
    i think thats dumb thats better than just about anything else you can do in school and we all know you can't die from a note book with your name in it

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    As noobish as the post was above, he is correct. In further detail of my opinion, the action was caused by emotion, if the damn kid can't get a gun, he should just write it, praise it, and eat it whole as it expresses the same amount of anger without guilt of shooting. If both actions are such a violation to their SCoC, then there was a High IQ Genocide.Don't beleive me, test me and I swear Obama's presidency will even kill the name "White House"...

Sorry, I just see those people as total idiots.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    As noobish as the post was above, he is correct. In further detail of my opinion, the action was caused by emotion, if the damn kid can't get a gun, he should just write it, praise it, and eat it whole as it expresses the same amount of anger without guilt of shooting. If both actions are such a violation to their SCoC, then there was a High IQ Genocide.Don't beleive me, test me and I swear Obama's presidency will even kill the name "White House"...

Sorry, I just see those people as total idiots.
    So what you're saying is that it's ok for people to be writing death notes about everybody, as long as they're not physically hurting someone. And how do you know that the kid can't get a gun? Truthfully, no one knew anything. The kid could have had a gun in his house for all we know, and the school handled it quite well. You're basing your opinion on what you would be thinking if you wrote a death note, not what someone else's was.

Years
    I can't believe we're still debating this... The freakin' point is this: the kid shouldn't have made a Death Note. Why? Because it IS wrong. It's indisputably wrong. There are loads of other safe and productive ways to work off his anger.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I don't think they overreacted at all.
    These kids were basically writing down all the people that they wanted DEAD.
    Who knows that the next step could've been. They could've gotten a gun and wanted to kill them.

Doing this death note thing is like that one step before a hate-crime is committed.

I think they took proper procedures with handling this.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
    I can't believe we're still debating this... The freakin' point is this: the kid shouldn't have made a Death Note. Why? Because it IS wrong. It's indisputably wrong. There are loads of other safe and productive ways to work off his anger.
    That was not an unsafe method, notes don't kill people. I wouldn't mind a death note every now and again - you have to know someone well to hate them well ;) as long as it has no associated action with it, of course.

And I agree with Espreon's description of mental hospitals entirely. It's a cruel and degrading thing to do, especially to somebody who cannot help their condition.

Who knows that the next step could've been. They could've gotten a gun and wanted to kill them.

Doing this death note thing is like that one step before a hate-crime is committed.
    I doubt it. If they write a note of death, they're obviously not serious - take knife-crime as an example. If death notes were written for that, more people would survive as they would have prior warning.

Back