• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News Democrats move forward towards impeaching Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Trump isn't great but Pence is an actual Demon from hell. Pence has stated multiple times that he supports the LGBT community going through shock therapy to "cure" them. If Trump gets impeached then Pence is going to be in charge and I'm just not with that as a member of the LGBT community.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    Trump isn't great but Pence is an actual Demon from hell. Pence has stated multiple times that he supports the LGBT community going through shock therapy to "cure" them. If Trump gets impeached then Pence is going to be in charge and I'm just not with that as a member of the LGBT community.

Yeah, some people don't seem to get that Pence would be Prez. They seem to think pelosi would get the position.

Maedar

Banned
    Years
  • Nanu, as much as I despise Pence, I find him about as scary as a block of wood.

Pence seemed to have learned his lesson when, as governor, his own economic advisers discovered his "religious freedoms act" would cause more damage to the economy of Indiana than a volcanic eruption the size of Vesuvius. Gaining support for a nationwide version would be political suicide and he knows it. If he EVER managed to get his "gay conversion therapy" idea made into an actual law, I'd eat my umbrella, okay?

I much prefer him to Trump.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Nanu, as much as I despise Pence, I find him about as scary as a block of wood.

Pence seemed to have learned his lesson when, as governor, his own economic advisers discovered his "religious freedoms act" would cause more damage to the economy of India than a volcanic eruption the size of Vesuvius. Gaining support for a nationwide version would be political suicide and he knows it. If he EVER managed to get his "gay conversion therapy" idea made into an actual law, I'd eat my umbrella, okay?

I much prefer him to Trump.

It's not that I think that any of that is ACTUALLY going to happen. Obviously since this is a first world country it's not. It's the fact that the man is psychotic and a menace to the LGBT community. He's much more batsh!t crazy than trump is by far.

Maedar

Banned
    Years
  • It's not that I think that any of that is ACTUALLY going to happen. Obviously since this is a first world country it's not. It's the fact that the man is psychotic and a menace to the LGBT community. He's much more batsh!t crazy than trump is by far.

Well, unlike Trump's base - who believe stuff like Pizzagate - Democrats are more in touch with reality. And are NOT afraid of a fool like Pence.

Years
  • Well, unlike Trump's base - who believe stuff like Pizzagate - Democrats are more in touch with reality. And are NOT afraid of a fool like Pence.

Really? Lets have a moment of silence for all the strawmen burnt here, it is truly a massacre.

Anyway Pence is not going to become President, unless there is impeachment, out of which he wouldn't win election as the Republican base is going to be pissed and punish Republicans for voting to take out Trump. He also does not get much excitement among potential 2024 nominees, those like say Dan Crenshaw are far more popular.

Maedar

Banned
    Years
  • Anyway Pence is not going to become President, unless there is impeachment, out of which he wouldn't win election as the Republican base is going to be pissed and punish Republicans for voting to take out Trump.

On this we agree, although again, I doubt his base has as much influence as his sycophants claim.

He also does not get much excitement among potential 2024 nominees, those like say Dan Crenshaw are far more popular.

Assuming Trump is re-elected, and IMOHO, the chances of that are getting less and less. Hopefully, by then, Trump and his sycophants will be nothing but bad memories.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    People really need to retake 7th grade history then, lol.
    nah that wouldn't help, the reason why people don't know shit in the first place is cuz our education system is so poor, they'd just be going back to 7th grade to learn nothing all over again =)

But regarding the whole Pence thing, that's sort of a catch 22 with the impeachment. Removing Trump from office would then saddle us with another awful president until at least January 2021, but not removing Trump from office would then mean we still have to deal with him, plus he gets away with committing a crime (again).

Years
  • nah that wouldn't help, the reason why people don't know muk in the first place is cuz our education system is so poor, they'd just be going back to 7th grade to learn nothing all over again =)

But regarding the whole Pence thing, that's sort of a catch 22 with the impeachment. Removing Trump from office would then saddle us with another awful president until at least January 2021, but not removing Trump from office would then mean we still have to deal with him, plus he gets away with committing a crime (again).

Does anyone honestly expect Trump to be removed? The votes, like the evidence, honestly do not seem to be anywhere close to being there.

On this we agree, although again, I doubt his base has as much influence as his sycophants claim.

You... just said the exact opposite of what I was saying, if Trump is removed it means a large number of Republicans voted for it. That means the vast majority of Republican voters, ( Trump's base ) will punish Senate Republicans by not voting for Pence and letting a Democrat take the White House, and showing their disapproval for removing Trump.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Does anyone honestly expect Trump to be removed?
    I think I've mentioned this before, but am 100% certain and have been for quite a while that Trump will not be removed from office, and nobody should believe otherwise

Years
  • nah that wouldn't help, the reason why people don't know shit in the first place is cuz our education system is so poor, they'd just be going back to 7th grade to learn nothing all over again =)

I couldn't agree more with all of this. It's just a sh!t situation.

Maedar

Banned
    Years
  • Does anyone honestly expect Trump to be removed?

No.

It's never been Pelosi's goal either.

You... just said the exact opposite of what I was saying, if Trump is removed it means a large number of Republicans voted for it. That means the vast majority of Republican voters, ( Trump's base ) will punish Senate Republicans by not voting for Pence and letting a Democrat take the White House, and showing their disapproval for removing Trump.

Oh, I agree there too. But I doubt Trump's "base" would matter either way. They aren't as large nor as influential to make a difference, and Trump has done literally nothing to increase their numbers.

Years
  • No.

It's never been Pelosi's goal either.

Which honestly goes back to how much of a sham this whole thing has been, and goes back to what I said before, about how the next Democratic President should expect similar treatment from a Republican house.

Maedar

Banned
    Years
  • Which honestly goes back to how much of a sham this whole thing has been, and goes back to what I said before, about how the next Democratic President should expect similar treatment from a Republican house.

Assuming there ever IS a Republican House, and with 22 GOP incumbents retiring, many of them in districts they could have won in their sleep, it's not likely.

I swear, you still think Trump is so popular? Answer me this, ALT, when was the last time a sovereign nation put an $80 million bounty on the U.S. President's head? Iran would never have dared do that to Reagan, either Bush, Clinton, or Obama, but they realize Trump is a weak and incompetent President.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Assuming there ever IS a Republican House, and with 22 GOP incumbents retiring, many of them in districts they could have won in their sleep, it's not likely.

Don't be absurd of course there will be a Republican house, either in 2020 when so many districts in Trump counties are up with Trump's coattails helping Republicans in those areas, are the next off year election when a Democrat is in the White House, as those usually swing to the party out of power.

I swear, you still think Trump is so popular? Answer me this, ALT, when was the last time a sovereign nation put an $80 million bounty on the U.S. President's head? Iran would never have dared do that to Reagan, either Bush, Clinton, or Obama, but they realize Trump is a weak and incompetent President.

Yeah... I am sure Trump's popularity is really low in Iran, with it's 0 electoral votes, and it's populous that regularly chants "Death to America".

Maedar

Banned
    Years
  • Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    I disagree. You don't put bounties on weak and incompetent people. You laugh and ignore them as they can't stop you. You put bounties on dangerous people. Plus it doesn't seem that the bounty's actually exists. An unnamed eulogist at the terrorist general's funeral stated that Iranians should donate a dollar each for this bounty. No word on if anyone has actually done so. It's bull. No one will take the job and any money donated to this "cause" will just disappear.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back