• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Destiny

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I'm so annoyed that I've put in over 50+ hours into this game. I'm stuck on Lv. 26 just trying to farm for Ascendent materials for my armor to level up more. It's so stupid yet I'm hooked for some bizarre reason.

TY

I recently got it for PS3 (too impatient to wait for PC version if it comes for it and im not wasting money on a PS4) and I really like it. Coming from someone who really enjoyed Borderlands, I can get over the farming for good loot thing, since I already did that jazz before and back then I enjoyed it so why not in Destiny. It's not just a average FPS game, it is a looter-shooter as people call it. It's a sub-genre people either love or hate, and if you hated it in Borderlands (or even never played it cause of that), you will not like it in Destiny.

As of now I am lvl a 15 Titan with some blue armor but mainly white weapons cause screw you RNG, only giving me armor pieces from strikes while I want a good gun >_>

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    I recently got it for PS3 (too impatient to wait for PC version if it comes for it and im not wasting money on a PS4) and I really like it. Coming from someone who really enjoyed Borderlands, I can get over the farming for good loot thing, since I already did that jazz before and back then I enjoyed it so why not in Destiny. It's not just a average FPS game, it is a looter-shooter as people call it. It's a sub-genre people either love or hate, and if you hated it in Borderlands (or even never played it cause of that), you will not like it in Destiny.

As of now I am lvl a 15 Titan with some blue armor but mainly white weapons cause screw you RNG, only giving me armor pieces from strikes while I want a good gun >_>

It takes awhile to get better armor/gear, and without getting too much into it because of spoilers, let's just say it will be hard once you reach level 20.

But cool, you bought the game! What part are you at?

TY

It takes awhile to get better armor/gear, and without getting too much into it because of spoilers, let's just say it will be hard once you reach level 20.

But cool, you bought the game! What part are you at?

I know how hard it is to get good gear, I played Borderlands 2 a lot and getting a Legendary there takes ages :P

Right now I have to start at Mars but I am doing some strikes first to get at least some blue weapons cause all I get is sodding white and sometimes a green one. Most of my green weapons are outdated aswell so they have no use anymore.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    I know how hard it is to get good gear, I played Borderlands 2 a lot and getting a Legendary there takes ages :P

Right now I have to start at Mars but I am doing some strikes first to get at least some blue weapons cause all I get is sodding white and sometimes a green one. Most of my green weapons are outdated aswell so they have no use anymore.

I don't know if you'll get that many blue drops from Strikes considering how low of a level you are. I'm a level 28 Hunter and basically a lot of blue engram drops came from the level 24 Strikes, which unfortunately don't drop anymore blue engrams thanks to the new DLC that's out. Maybe it's different for lower levels though, I honestly don't rememeber.

If you haven't already been doing it, keep checking in on the bounty board everyday. Ignoring the Crucible ones, Bounties in general will allow you to buy Legendary weapons once you reach Vanguard Rank 3. Also because you can only gain 100 Vanguard Marks in a given week and that's the currency accepted to buy Legendary weapons - at least from one of the quartermasters in the Tower - the. It's better to start earlier rather than later.

TY

I don't know if you'll get that many blue drops from Strikes considering how low of a level you are. I'm a level 28 Hunter and basically a lot of blue engram drops came from the level 24 Strikes, which unfortunately don't drop anymore blue engrams thanks to the new DLC that's out. Maybe it's different for lower levels though, I honestly don't rememeber.

If you haven't already been doing it, keep checking in on the bounty board everyday. Ignoring the Crucible ones, Bounties in general will allow you to buy Legendary weapons once you reach Vanguard Rank 3. Also because you can only gain 100 Vanguard Marks in a given week and that's the currency accepted to buy Legendary weapons - at least from one of the quartermasters in the Tower - the. It's better to start earlier rather than later.

I get at least one blue guaranteed from the strikes, no engrams though. But so far every reward I got was a blue.

I have been going to it already and well most stuff is quite easy, but then again I am a low level. What I like most about the strikes is that even if you are a lvl 14, you get people with you who are like lvl 28 which makes it easier since they have the better loot and gear while I struggle killing the minions.

Also just got a blue weapon... a Hand Cannon... RNG pls

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    I get at least one blue guaranteed from the strikes, no engrams though. But so far every reward I got was a blue.

I have been going to it already and well most stuff is quite easy, but then again I am a low level. What I like most about the strikes is that even if you are a lvl 14, you get people with you who are like lvl 28 which makes it easier since they have the better loot and gear while I struggle killing the minions.

Also just got a blue weapon... a Hand Cannon... RNG pls

That's good to hear. I couldn't rememeber if drops were good or not so things seem to be working in your favor! When you've been doing story missions, have you been upping the difficulty so you can get better rewards?

TY

I have not to be fair cause my weapons were really crappy (cause low rarity) and I'm still not used to how Destiny plays so I keep it at normal for now, maybe ill crank it up once I make a 2nd playthrough :P

TY

Oh; here it is. I didn't see this before.

Ayyyy - any of y'all tried out Dark Below yet...? This looks like it hasn't been touched in a while.

I have yet to get that DLC, but I rather wait till I get better gear which takes a week or 2 since vanguard marks are weekly, which makes me sad :(

Also just a general question: Which Strike do you like/dislike the most?

I can't help but hate the Archon Priest Strike cause it is a pain to get there first and then the fight itself isn't a great one either imo

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    I have yet to get that DLC, but I rather wait till I get better gear which takes a week or 2 since vanguard marks are weekly, which makes me sad :(

Also just a general question: Which Strike do you like/dislike the most?

I can't help but hate the Archon Priest Strike cause it is a pain to get there first and then the fight itself isn't a great one either imo

Awww mate, how often do you play, and have you had it since launch? Pace for the common destiny player in the post game right now is far past all legendary gear - they actually raised the level cap in the DLC past what the raid gear from vault of glass could've given you.

And on strikes - Archon Priest might actually be my favorite, if not for the new one in Dark Below. The new strike in the DLC on Omnigul is by far my favorite now though. They actually fairly mixed it up with her, using a different formula than the other ones which were all basically just bullet sponges that waited in one room at the end of the level. Speaking of gigantic ass bullet sponges that just wait in the room at the end of the level, the Mars Strike on Valus Tau'arc is my least favorite. Cabal Phalanxes are an obnoxious enemy to begin with; and making you fight a strike boss with constant spawns of them is just the worst. Especially when the strike boss is as tedious as Valus.

TY

Awww mate, how often do you play, and have you had it since launch? Pace for the common destiny player in the post game right now is far past all legendary gear - they actually raised the level cap in the DLC past what the raid gear from vault of glass could've given you.

And on strikes - Archon Priest might actually be my favorite, if not for the new one in Dark Below. The new strike in the DLC on Omnigul is by far my favorite now though. They actually fairly mixed it up with her, using a different formula than the other ones which were all basically just bullet sponges that waited in one room at the end of the level. Speaking of gigantic ass bullet sponges that just wait in the room at the end of the level, the Mars Strike on Valus Tau'arc is my least favorite. Cabal Phalanxes are an obnoxious enemy to begin with; and making you fight a strike boss with constant spawns of them is just the worst. Especially when the strike boss is as tedious as Valus.

I play it almost every day, but got it not too long ago :P
    VoG tho has no matchmaking and no one I know has it on PS3 so im rip ;-;

I found Valus really easy, Phalanxes were quite easy to deal with unless they have the modifier where they cant flinch

TY

Currently level 25, but can go up to 26 if I max out my only legendary armor piece and if I do enough strike playlists I can get maybe another piece of armor.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    Currently level 25, but can go up to 26 if I max out my only legendary armor piece and if I do enough strike playlists I can get maybe another piece of armor.

Eep :x You can't do vault at that level anyway, 25 you won't even be allowed to start the mission, and at 26 you will - but you'll get wrecked guaranteed by the enemies. You reeeally should be min 27, and even then at 27 you'll need teammates who are all 28 or above. If you only have one legendary piece of armor, do strike playlists and public events for Vanguard marks until you can buy more pieces :v That's gauranteed legendary armor right thur mate.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    I play Destiny a decent bit. Just havent been getting on as of late due to finals. But now that winter break is starting soon that wont be a problem. Im a level 25 or 26(I feel like an idiot not knowing) Hunter. When i play i do Crucible most of the time.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    I've only played the free demo of Destiny which allows you to level up to 7. I played as a female Voidwalker and was able to unlock the Nova Bomb super ability, which proved to be quite useful against bombardments of Thralls and Acolytes. Once I hit the level cap, I did The Devil's Lair strike with a few other players and succeeded; it was very rewarding. I never thought I would enjoy an MMO-styled game, but this was actually a lot of fun. The environments look gorgeous (Old Russia and The Tower), the upgrading system is unique and intuitive, and the weapons and armor look neat. Also, I think the idea of having your saved data carry over from the trial to the full game once you've purchased it, is pretty rad. I will have to consider buying it sometime soon.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Awh, if you were on Xbone I'd invite you to do raid runs with my crew and myself :c We used to do it 3 times a week since most of us have 3 characters in the raid level range. Best advice I can give you is www.destinyteamfinder.com - PS3 section with stuff 'n whatnot. What level are you anywho?

Yo I actually could use some help with doing a Raid, I need to do it for an achievement. Level 29 Hunter *insert duckface*

And yes it's for Xbox One, should have mentioned that.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    Yo I actually could use some help with doing a Raid, I need to do it for an achievement. Level 29 Hunter *insert duckface*

And yes it's for Xbox One, should have mentioned that.

Bahahah. I feel so dirty about the 29/hunter/VoG callout after visiting that 'find a team' site. It's worse than internet sex chat rooms... People get so aggressive about it x_x

But ay, are you available tonight? The people I usually run with do vault at least 3 times a week so if you're not, no worries.

I play Destiny a decent bit. Just havent been getting on as of late due to finals. But now that winter break is starting soon that wont be a problem. Im a level 25 or 26(I feel like an idiot not knowing) Hunter. When i play i do Crucible most of the time.

Swear to god; the crucible is 75% bladedancer hunters lol

I'm no better since I'm also a hunter; but in my defense I at least use gunslinger instead of bladedancer. I think the mindset of a person that the hunter class appeals to is just more likely to be into PvP than a warlock or titan.

Hunter master race woopwoopwoopwoopwoop

Back