• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Then again, I just choose not to utilize metro apps at all. The only metro app I really use though is Netflix, but that's it.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'll admit - I like the new-style PC Settings a lot more than Control Panel, if only because it's easy to see where you are.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It would've been really great if you were able to minimize and maximize Metro apps, or at least in desktops. That would've made it a whole lot easier to mutitask, if you ask me.

Years
  • The Start Menu button in Windows 8.1 is just purely aesthetic, considering how in Windows 8, you could still pull up the Start Menu by clicking in the lower left corner of the screen.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    The Start Menu button in Windows 8.1 is just purely aesthetic, considering how in Windows 8, you could still pull up the Start Menu by clicking in the lower left corner of the screen.

Sometimes, visibility goes a long way. Discoverability in 8.0 is very poor.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I'm probably going to have XP on this laptop as long as it's around. It can't handle the newer stuff, and Skype hiccups horribly when I bring it into focus while streaming music off of YouTube and encoding a 720p video in Sony Vegas. I'm definitely putting 7 on the new computer I'm hoping to buy, though. :3

Years
  • I'm probably going to have XP on this laptop as long as it's around. It can't handle the newer stuff, and Skype hiccups horribly when I bring it into focus while streaming music off of YouTube and encoding a 720p video in Sony Vegas. I'm definitely putting 7 on the new computer I'm hoping to buy, though. :3
    Try downgrading your version of Skype and see if it makes an improvement with the multitasking. I run an older version of Skype on my desktop because it kept CPU-leaking whenever I first logged in, but using an older version doesn't have that problem for me.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I'm probably going to have XP on this laptop as long as it's around. It can't handle the newer stuff, and Skype hiccups horribly when I bring it into focus while streaming music off of YouTube and encoding a 720p video in Sony Vegas. I'm definitely putting 7 on the new computer I'm hoping to buy, though. :3

Video encoding is VERY expensive in terms of performance if you don't have dedicated hardware for doing that.

I'd suggest trying to do your usual stuff on your PC minus the video encoding and see if things improve.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    So last night my earbuds got washed in the washer and dryer because I forgot to take them out of my pockets. :/

Ouch! Did they survive? (Try NOT to use them until they've been dried for a few days. Rice works well in absorbing moisture.)

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • So last night my earbuds got washed in the washer and dryer because I forgot to take them out of my pockets. :/

Did they survive? I have a couple pair of Sennheiser ear buds that I have accidentally done that to... a couple of times. They still work.

Years
  • Ouch! Did they survive? (Try NOT to use them until they've been dried for a few days. Rice works well in absorbing moisture.)

Did they survive? I have a couple pair of Sennheiser ear buds that I have accidentally done that to... a couple of times. They still work.
    I tried them last night and I'm not sure if they did. The sound from them was a little distorted and off balance. So probably not.

Years
  • Oh noes! What brand are they?
    JVC. It was their cheap $7 kind as well. Like these, except mine are blue:

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I suspect even a pair of $20 earbuds are going to be either a significant improvement or offer you an in-line microphone and button if you're using it with a smartphone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back