• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'd still like to get a VPS to host my IRC and other ♥♥♥♥ on, that way I could save electricity in my house by having not having a server running all the time.

At least with a VPS, I could keep that online if I ever go on vacation as well.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
My co-worker recently made the great decision to upgrade her iPhone 4 to a Samsung Galaxy S5. She is just blown away... but there's one little thing.

SHE FORGOT TO LOGOUT FROM IMESSAGE SO NOW HER TEXTS GET LOST D: Or at least that's what she said, she still has an iPad though so she does get them... idk. Apple is weird, yo.

Oh hi I'm back now.

Years
My parents have their Apple IDs linked to both their iPhones and my mom's iPad, so whenever I iMessage one of them, she can see what I send between my father and her all on the iPad. :/

In my contacts though, I have their phone numbers filled out instead of their Apple ID on my iPod.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
My parents have their Apple IDs linked to both their iPhones and my mom's iPad, so whenever I iMessage one of them, she can see what I send between my father and her all on the iPad. :/

In my contacts though, I have their phone numbers filled out instead of their Apple ID on my iPod.

Better not talk bad about one to the other! (PS I hate sharing stuff)

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I guess some people just want to know everything even when they're not supposed to. :P

Years
Well, since we're talking about my iPod Touch, I may need to get a new one or something, since it's out of warranty now. The lock button on top of mine is now stuck so I have to lock my iPod through the accessibility menu, and I can't seem to get it to budge either.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Well, since we're talking about my iPod Touch, I may need to get a new one or something, since it's out of warranty now. The lock button on top of mine is now stuck so I have to lock my iPod through the accessibility menu, and I can't seem to get it to budge either.

Fancy still having a pie in the iOS ecosystem, huh? I think I may have forgotten about this, so I'm going to ask: what generation iPod Touch do you have right now?

Years
Do you think it might be worth it to not bother with getting an iPod Touch and just use your phone as the media player?
I use my iPod to also keep in touch with family and friends via iMessage, so it's still useful to me for reasons other than apps and listening to music.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It's been ages since I last touched my iPod. Put it into my drawer couple of years back, and it's still sitting there. Have my phone, tablet, and laptop for all my entertainment needs, so... there's not much need for it. :( I probably shouldn't have bought it in the first place.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I don't see myself getting a separate iPod when I have an iPhone. I am pretty interested in an iPad, actually. Surprised the iPad 2 is getting iOS8, since it's probably going to be cheaper than the next-gen iPad.

Hi, my name is Megan and I am slowly becoming an Apple fangirl.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I used to use my iPod Touch all the time, even after I got my smartphone. But a year or so ago I got tired of having to carry both of them around with me, so I moved all my music to my phone and haven't used my iPod since.

Years
I don't see myself getting a separate iPod when I have an iPhone. I am pretty interested in an iPad, actually. Surprised the iPad 2 is getting iOS8, since it's probably going to be cheaper than the next-gen iPad.

Hi, my name is Megan and I am slowly becoming an Apple fangirl.
If it wasn't for you, I don't think my Apple side would be turned back on at all.. because you've kinda helped me regain my interest in Apple slightly :p

Though I still do have my Nexus 7 and my Lumia 520. I'm considering getting an iPod Touch 5, just to stay up-to-date on the hardware front, because my iPod Touch 4 has been slow with apps as of late.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I hate the idea of music on my phone. I rationalize by the fact that I'm always using my phone until it runs out of battery and it would be even worse if I drained the battery for music too, but really I think it's just an irrational aversion to it from when I didn't have any space on my phone to actually put music on it.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I used to have an iPod back when they were only really for listening to music. My last mp3 player though was a Sony walkman -- very nice actually :D I use my phone now really -- I either have it on my SD card or stream it through Google Play Music All Access.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back