• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I still use my iPod for music whenever I'm on the go.. however I also have games on the iPod that I couldn't find Android versions for, and because I wouldn't be able to transfer my saves between iOS and Android for said games too.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I find listening to anything and handling calls extremely convenient now that I have an actual Bluetooth headset - the Nokia BH-111. I didn't need the newer BH-121 model's NFC capability, so yeah, bucks saved - and I didn't have to wait for it to become available, too.

Years
I hate the idea of music on my phone. I rationalize by the fact that I'm always using my phone until it runs out of battery and it would be even worse if I drained the battery for music too, but really I think it's just an irrational aversion to it from when I didn't have any space on my phone to actually put music on it.

Haha, that's the main reason why I use my phone though: for music. Majority of the time these days, I'll be using it via bluetooth in my car. Normally my phone would be overused for texting, but for the past few weeks, I haven't been wanting to talk to anyone XD

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Do you think it might be worth it to not bother with getting an iPod Touch and just use your phone as the media player?
The iPod/ iPhone's audio processing is much better than any other device I have used. I have had a Samsung, an HTC, a Motorola, a Nexus 7, a Lumia 520, 925 and 928. My iPhone blows all of them out of the water when it comes to quality of music. and I can tell this on a $40 pair of Sennheiser headphones. It really makes me want to go out and buy a really nice pair of headphones.

Hi, my name is Megan and I am slowly becoming an Apple fangirl.

Right there with you. really considering attempting to ditch Windows Again. :\

I hate the idea of music on my phone. I rationalize by the fact that I'm always using my phone until it runs out of battery and it would be even worse if I drained the battery for music too, but really I think it's just an irrational aversion to it from when I didn't have any space on my phone to actually put music on it.

I see my phone as my mobile entertainment device. Granted I am not usually away from home or work, so my battery usually lasts most of the day.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
The iPhone is very nice device, but it is just not for me. I'm getting tired of my Samsung phone though. It's nice because I've got it unlocked and rooted but it's almost impossible to unlock one now with my carrier and their insane policies. You can root it, but with a Samsung device you need to unlock, imo. I think I'm going to get a Motorola next. <3

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I just kind of want to be able to replace my 525 with a 930 this birthday.

Years
I'm wondering how I should customize my icon arrangement now that Windows Phone 8.1 allows for extra icon space :P

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
Honestly, the extra space is only good if your screen is 4.5" (or larger) anything smaller and the tiles get too small. I often found myself holding my phone much closer to my face than I would otherwise normally do so.

Years
Honestly, the extra space is only good if your screen is 4.5" (or larger) anything smaller and the tiles get too small. I often found myself holding my phone much closer to my face than I would otherwise normally do so.
Yeah, for now I've left the setting alone and just kept the icons in the same order, especially considering that I don't really use shortcuts on my phone, except to access Internet Explorer.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
My layout has stayed pretty much the same as what it was back when I had a Windows Phone 7.8 phone. Sometimes, you just don't want to change anything, as things just work so well.

Maybe I'll change once I get the 930, where the three-column layout is mandatory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I like to code in CSS but only with BB code, regular CSS makes my head hurt. :/ Is there any guide for css that isn't all wrapped up in html? Lol.

Years
I like to code in CSS but only with BB code, regular CSS makes my head hurt. :/ Is there any guide for css that isn't all wrapped up in html? Lol.
CSS in HTML should be the same as it is in the BB code, if you wrap it inside of the <div style="css here"></div> tags.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
CSS in HTML should be the same as it is in the BB code, if you wrap it inside of the <div style="css here"></div> tags.

I know and I do my best to figure it out, but sometimes it'd just be easier to learn with BB code but XD Maybe I'm just being silly.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There are only a few extra steps to learn; if you do it like Zach says then your code won't be up to best practices at all. :( Gotta use classes and ids!

Years
I like to code in CSS but only with BB code, regular CSS makes my head hurt. :/

Wait, what? D: It's the opposite for me. Regular CSS comes naturally to me, but having to use it for the first time when I designed my previous signature gave me a slight headache @.@

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Wait, what? D: It's the opposite for me. Regular CSS comes naturally to me, but having to use it for the first time when I designed my previous signature gave me a slight headache @.@

I mean like putting it in { and } and all that mess. I'm not very good at coding.

Years
I mean like putting it in { and } and all that mess. I'm not very good at coding.
Ah, style sheets. Most CSS applications I've worked with just involved me putting the CSS into HTML instead of creating a .css file and linking to it in the HTML just so that I could see what I was working with in one file instead of having to use two files.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Well, the thing is that I'm not very good with HTML haha. I can learn it, I mean, and I know the basics, but tbh I'd rather just use CSS here. Here it's fun :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back