• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
The fun part is probably the Surface RT was priced to sell. Semi-fire sale, anyone?

Years
I'm also undergoing a computer science degree. Just be prepared for lots of math courses and science courses all throughout your track towards getting one.

Next semester for me will be hell. 5 projects take 30 hours minimum each, and that's just one class.

Years
Maybe it's just me, but I've never bothered to take notice with DPI scaling :P

One thing that I find weird though is how TV screens have good upscale on monitors. I remember back in high school one of my teachers' classroom had a spare TV set, and they used it as their computer monitor. The resolution was still at 1024x768 and it was a 32" LCD TV, and the scaling was done just fine. Most computer monitors make things blurry when they upscale lower resolutions.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
How I got into Paul Thurott's SuperSite for Windows is a mystery to me at this point.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Sorry for pulling the subject back to Comp Science but I was very busy yesterday so I couldn't get on PC at all, and seeming as some of you guys are doing Comp Science right now I'd really love some insight.

In this case, I mean as a person that is still doing it right now.

Sure, as long as your still doing it it's fine, I'll take any info. How much maths is involved? How much programming knowledge do you think I'll need beforehand? What are the lectures like, and how much coursework is there?

Years
I put Adobe's version of Flash Player 12 (not the built in version) onto my Chrome install today and so far I've noticed barely any lag in it when watching Youtube, except until I begin to do background tasks. However, I really wish that Youtube didn't force the HTML5 player to Chrome users, because that's still rather laggy.

Years
I'm curious to know - what do you prefer programming in? What are you currently learning?

I'm mainly a Java programmer, though I do have some experience in Python.

I'll learn more programming language(s) this semester as my class requires me to, though it's one of the more obscure ones. To be honest I forgot what it's even called.

Years
I believe I'm going to learn C in fall '14 as part of assembly language course as well, but C and C# is different. (Though I heard prior knowledge of C helps to learn C#)

Years
I don't have any knowledge of C, and I'm finding C# rather easy. As someone put it, he said that "C# is Java done right".

I heard that C# and Java is not all that different, though I don't know if I'll learn C# in the near future. I believe Java is derived from C as well, but I'll learn about programming languages more this semester.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Finally got a smartphone!

But because I only had 50 Euros to spend, I bought a used Xperia Mini from way back in 2011. Its basic, Adreno 205 and only 512mb ram, but its good enough till I save up cash for something more.Small screen rocks btw, even though I prefer the 4-4.5 inch range.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Finally got a smartphone!

But because I only had 50 Euros to spend, I bought a used Xperia Mini from way back in 2011. Its basic, Adreno 205 and only 512mb ram, but its good enough till I save up cash for something more.Small screen rocks btw, even though I prefer the 4-4.5 inch range.

I find 4" displays to be something very nice, to be honest. Not too small, not too large.

I'm actually writing C code now. Funny how I got from C++ to C, but we had to because we're now going... uh, lower.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Yeah I love em too, that's what I'm saying. But because I only had 50 bucks, I bought that which has a 3 inch screen, where the problem is. Otherwise the 5MP camera is great, good radio, and it can run temple run 2 pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back