• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • I love getting jinxed.. had a random reboot on the Nexus 7 just now. Probably gonna take it back sometime this week and see what Best Buy can do. I just need to remember to perform a backup on the device though before I return it that way I can still have my data should I get another device

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    *wonders whether he should be glad or not that Surface devices always have some sort of update every month, and firmware updates about every two months*

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Time to get it replaced. Zach, just tell them that it has random reboots every so often.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hope you do get a perfectly working replacement soon, Zach! Nobody likes a brick, huh?

Years
  • Yeah, I hear ya Twiggy. I'll definitely keep y'all updated on the status of the tablet as I definitely do intend to return it before the week is over, even if I do it as late as Saturday.

Who knows, maybe Best Buy would sneak me a 32 GB model? :p

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    That said...

*now to figure out how to prevent, or at least delay GPU throttling while he's playing games*

Years
  • So earlier today I did a speedtest from a doctor's office, and this is probably the fastest I have ever seen for public wifi in a while!

641102308.png

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • So earlier today I did a speedtest from a doctor's office, and this is probably the fastest I have ever seen for public wifi in a while!

641102308.png

20 up and 20 down, that's what we have at work. Though we have a dedicated fiber line from Time Warner Cable Business.

I have 50/5 at home.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I kind of miss when they forgot to cap bandwidth for a device in a mall that I frequent.

30 Mbps was delicious. Now everyone gets 1 Mbps.

At least I still have a yogurt dessert store for my Wi-Fi needs. I tend to think of it as "Wi-Fi (cokes with free yogurt)".

Years
  • Just tested the wifi on my home network and it's not that bad either.. lowest I've seen the ping in a while :p

3084069851.png

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    That's some nice upload speed. Gotta love FiOS. Too bad I don't have it ;-;

But I'm pretty happy with this, ngl:

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021

It used to be faster like around 10 mb/s, but for the past few weeks, it has dropped to 8 mb/s and god knows why.

Years
  • We just got 50 down 10 up installed today, but we can't use it for more than one computer because of the way the tech set it up. So now we have to get them back out here while we get stuck with our old "10" down 1 up for a few more days.

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
    Years
  • You guys are making me jealous of your Internet speeds. ;;

That's behind my VPN, I actually live in Canada. Without it the connection drops to below 5Mb, for some reason. It's backed up by the Mac App Store too, not just speedtest being weird..

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • My school's internet is kinda slower than my house's internet...surprisingly. My house would usually get 11 mbps while at school I'd get 6-7 mbps and that's wifi alone, not via ethernet. :|

Huh. I rest my case.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back