• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Dialogue Oddities

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
  • Game related, though it might not technically be dialouge, in the original Stadium, how few of the compressed cries sounded anything like the Game Boy cries.
    Yeah, it almost seems like for Pokemon Stadium, they got new people in and told them "here's a sound, make something like it"

I'm pretty sure somewhere in Red/Blue, there was a guy who said "My Pokemon are awesome!" or something to that extent, and then only had one Pokemon.

Years
  • Koga's invisible walls always seemed like an incorrect statement, because on my GBC you could see the dots. I always thought they should've been see-through walls.
    I think they were supposed to be invisible on the original Game Boy. it'd be hard to see on a monochrome green screen that goes blury half the time.

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    Regarding the nurse saying that "we hope to see you again," I recall someone writing to Nintendo Power about that. They responded that if people never came back, the Pokémon Centers would go out of business, and you'd be forced to revive your Pokémon with a bucket of cold water. Of course, you don't have to pay to use the centers, so that kinda throws that out the window. But they were probably being facetious. On a related note, I figure that Pokémon Centers are funded by tax dollars.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • My picks:

"Don't try anything funny in the dark!" -Beauty @ Rock Tunnel
    "Glug...glug...glug...gulp! Thanks, I'll share it with the other guards!" -Thirsty guard (Like one bottle/can is enough for four, especially after that ...glugging.)

In Fuchsia, there is a man looking for a girl. And in the Safari Zone, there is a girl looking for a man. They are both named, so it seems like a sidequest to bring them together, but it's nothing. This has bothered me since I found out that they're looking for each other.

(And they actually changed that Celadon Gym pervert's dialogue in HGSS.)

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    I thought of one that really annoys me. LOOK, YOU STUPID QUIZ MACHINE, CATERPIE DOES NOT EVOLVE INTO BUTTERFREE!

Silver.Nova

Golden Smile and Silver Tears
    Years
  • I thought of one that really annoys me. LOOK, YOU STUPID QUIZ MACHINE, CATERPIE DOES NOT EVOLVE INTO BUTTERFREE!
    Omg, after that horrible run I've opted to just battle the trainers instead of trying to head straight for Blaine.

Just today I was battling that class west to Fucia in my Silver and the kid was talking about his Japanese class.

Also, if they're going to Lavender Town to see the radio tower... Shouldn'd they start moving? I mean, that's a LONG way to walk for those kids. One was already saying he was tired.

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    whenever you encounter misssingo, "it says a wild (glitch glitch glitch) appeared" i accidently did it and i was all like" FUUUU----" and thought my game was glitched up. at that time i was on youtube and the related videos said "Pokemon Red: Missingo Glitch"

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    When you try to go past the Old Man before he's had his coffee, he says something like "you can't go there! this is private property!" What, you own the street? With nothing nearby?

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2010
    Omg, after that horrible run I've opted to just battle the trainers instead of trying to head straight for Blaine.

Just today I was battling that class west to Fucia in my Silver and the kid was talking about his Japanese class.

Also, if they're going to Lavender Town to see the radio tower... Shouldn'd they start moving? I mean, that's a LONG way to walk for those kids. One was already saying he was tired.

A bit off-topic, yes, but that reminds me of something I've always found disturbing:

"Oh, look. A graveyard, where people's best friends have been buried for years. TEAR IT DOWN FOR RADIOOO!~"

Am I the only one? Please tell me I'm not.

Silver.Nova

Years
  • "Oh, look. A graveyard, where people's best friends have been buried for years. TEAR IT DOWN FOR RADIOOO!~"

Am I the only one? Please tell me I'm not.
    Nope. At least they moved them... But hopefully they had little caskets or something otherwise that would've been unpleasant moving a whole tower's worth of dead Pokemon. :/

On a related note, it's kinda funny how Green asks you in R/B/Y when you're in the tower if you're Pokemon are dead.

Vulpes bicaudata

Charmander Fanboy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2011
    Of course, the location of the tower is kind of weird to begin with. I mean, they put it in the middle of a cave. It seems like they had a cave and then painted all the walls and stuff, then built some more floors.

Silver.Nova

Years
  • Of course, the location of the tower is kind of weird to begin with. I mean, they put it in the middle of a cave. It seems like they had a cave and then painted all the walls and stuff, then built some more floors.
    Maybe there's a partof Rock Tunnel that leads to the Tower where there are more graves?

Holy crap, those are a lot of dead Pokemon. D:

XDragonRiderX

Time flies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    in the PKMN center in lavender town a girl says "I saw Cubone's mom trying to escape and got killed by TEAM ROCKET." kinda freaky....

Years
  • Obviously not doing anything to stop them.

Yeah. I mean, look at how easily one ten year old can jack them up. Imagine what two could do.

Speaking of lavender, all the mourners seem...kind of fake. One lady says "My growlithe, why'd you have to go!" this may just be me...but why didn't she give it a nickname? It just seemed so tacked on.

Back