• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
  • I never did quite find it, but Blazichu might know the exact location of the text. If not just look it up in TLP in GBA format, you'll find it eventually.

*Shinigami*

死神
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2007
    I'm sure there was a way to change the text already, I thought I saw a site where somebody did, is it possible? (I mean on English P/D)

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
  • English d/p tools are already in development. I've got a tool on my computer (not made by me) which allows you to change some overworlds sprites. Loads are missing so I won't post it.

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
  • Well.. I know you guys gonna love -link removed-. (I think you have to register)
    But.. when his tool comes out.. we can hack .nds ROMs supah easily..

Last edited by a moderator:

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Next time, try not linking to a forum, D-Through, as it's not allowed.

Quoting the post would have been better.

pokehrth.jpg

If you don't understand what it has to do to with this part of the board rather than the testing area... You'll know soon enough ;)

P.S. : the first one to comment about the color of my DS will get his ass kicked, badly.

Apparently people don't get it. So this is the process around it. (After all, making this kind of hack directly is cheesecake). It was to present my incoming proggie I announced on this board.

I start things up by opening the nds romfile into my prog :
    starting.png

Then I start looking a bit at files, and find some interesting filename here :
    titlenarc.png

So a right click on the raw data and find some probable data structure :
    chunkmenu.png

Some config pops up :
    narcconfig.png

Oh! some rhac type image file here :
    rahc.png

A little right-click and choose export data :
    exportdatamenu.png

we name it bla.png, but we could choose any known file format here (handy lib)
    exportdata.png

The image exported is here :
    title_logo_pkmd.png

and we want to replace it with this one :
    title_logo_pkmH.png

Then just import it (menu shown earlier) :
    hrthintheplace.png

And we just click patch, that's it !
    patch.png

[snapback]645012[/snapback]​

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Wow that's a nice program! I do though have a hard time believing in it's authenticity, but who am I to say it doesn't exist...

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 2, 2012
    that is where i got the table file (You saw the post replying my comment XD) so we need to put it in (I can't remeber how) and see if it is the Japanese i think it is or not

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Wow! I'm gong to try this but it's late and I have to go to bed. But wow! A table file! This is a great break through! Momentous even!

Red

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • That table file is in japanese, and it doesn't find anything in my hex editor, it seems you need to go through a series of steps to view and edit the text...
    readme said:
    PokeText
    -----------------------
    NOTE: This will only be interesting for tech-people. If you are a gamer get the script dump

So basicly these shources contain all the info you'll neet do dump and edit The texts in PokemonDP
    The tool assumes you got the file msg.narc ans you split that in multiple bin files (000.bin ...)
    using a narc tool (if you are unsure consult the narc folder sources) an put that in a folder
    called enc.
    After that the program will decrypt the files and put them in binary form to unenc
    (you will need the utf16 formated table to edit it) and a html version to htm

After that (commented out is an example how you'd encrypt the files again.

I hope this is useful fou you guys.

loadingnow 2006-2007

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Okay so when I tried to open PokePicDS this is the message I got:
    Help.png

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
    Years
  • Hey, I figured out how to hack the core Pokemon Status in Pokemon Diamond. (The values in Pearl are the exact same but in a different location, just cant be arsed to look them up right now.)

Each Pokemon's Data is x2C byes, and it is based in National Dex order for 1-251. After that, it is based on Hoenn-Dex Order (however Pokemon that are in National Dex 1-251 are skipped here) (For Example, after Bulbasaur's data comes Ivasaur's Data. After Chimeco's data comes Jirachi's Data.)

1C15A07-1C173FA Pokemon Stats (1-151)
    1C173FB-1C1852A Pokemon Stats (152-251)
    1C1852B-1C19C5E Pokemon Stats (252-386)
    1C19C5F-1C1B006 Pokemon Stats (387-493)

00 = 00
    01 = HP
    02 = Attack
    03 = Defense
    04 = Speed
    05 = Spl. Attack
    06 = Spl. Defense
    07 = Type 1
    08 = Type 2
    09 =
    0A =
    0B =
    0C =
    0D =
    0E =
    0F =
    10 =
    11 =
    12 =
    13 =
    14 =
    15 =
    16 =
    17 =
    18 =
    19 =
    1A =
    1B =
    1C =
    1D =
    1E =
    1F =
    20 =
    21 =
    22 =
    23 =
    24 =
    25 =
    26 =
    27 =
    28 =
    29 =
    2A =
    2B =
    2C =

Types: (All Values are hex)
    00 = Normal
    01 = Fighting
    02 = Flying
    03 = Poison
    04 = Ground
    05 = Rock
    06 = Bug
    07 = Ghost
    08 = Steel
    09 = ???
    0A = Fire
    0B = Water
    0C = Grass
    0D = Electric
    0E = Psychic
    0F = Ice
    10 = Dragon
    11 = Dark

Feel free to fill in the blanks. The emulators being real laggy to me and crashing(And yes i followed all the directions exactly). I guess my computer at the time does not have enough RAM to run Diamond for long.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Nice one Coolboy! I think I saw something similar to this on another website, but I didnt' bother to really look into it...

Sorry about that Furanki, I don't know what to say it happened to me too.

This is really good guys, keep the info coming, look how many things we have learned since the threads opening! Just think what It'll look like soon...

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
  • ' PokeTEX ' はその場所に取り組む唯一のものである(知る限りでは) 。
    ' DS 地図' は唯一の地図の編集者である。行きなさい[ pokecenter.tools.jp/dsmap ]

My penpal sent me this e-mail recently. Babelfish doesn't translate this one very good!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back