• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

secretcharly

Shinygold D/P remake!!!
Years
  • Can someone tell me where can i get a palette editor? i wan to make something like this..
    or the pokedspic

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2009
    by hexediting is NOT a useful answer for anyone interested in it. i mean yes that's what you did but it's obvious right?

either post real info a la
    editing byte xyz from to in file whatever results in whatever. I found it by...
    or say that you currently don't want to share/don't reply at all.

"by hexediting" is just anothere way to say "stfu newbs"

Years
  • well APE can do d/p pallets too, and someone made a pallet editor for d/p. I don't know the offsets, this is a forum, people are supposed to read. If it's not posted here there's probably a reason.

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
  • Well.. What I do to edit palettes is:
    » Open your ROM in Tahaxan
    » Search the palette you want to edit
    » Look at the offset
    » Open your ROM in a HEX Editor
    » Goto the palette offset
    » Edit the colors
    [But of course, you could use a program too..]

Darksun45230

Story Developer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2016
    I think he means he would like to import his own custom .bmp, etc. files into PokeTEX, Darksun. I would check the readme.txt in the compressed archive you got when you initially downloaded PokeTEX... Also, I would check the topic specified for PokeTEX.

Where would this topic be? And the Readme was in Japanese, and even put through a translator (I tried two) it didn't seem to make any sense. So how can I find out more about PokeTEX?

Years
  • by hexediting is NOT a useful answer for anyone interested in it. i mean yes that's what you did but it's obvious right?

either post real info a la

or say that you currently don't want to share/don't reply at all.

"by hexediting" is just anothere way to say "stfu newbs"

Excuse me, but might I point out he actually found that picture. No one in this thread edited it (most likely). He isn't trying to not share, he's simply offering helpful information to someone who obviously needs it.

Player A: Do you know what program was used to get this effect?
    Player B: It actually wasn't created using a program, but it was created by hex editing.

Seems pretty reasonable to me. I didn't see you offering the kid any help, I just saw you complaining about the quality of said help (which it was). Do I really need to repeat the word "help" any more to make you grasp the concept of thinking before you post? Also, at least use a little tact. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Darksun, I believe there may be a topic for it in the Toolbox, but I'm not sure. Sorry, I'd look, but I'm a bit busy. All the advice I can give you at the moment is to look under File or whatever for anything related to importing. I'll look into this, since no one has posted an answer for you yet :). I'll edit the post by late this evening. See you soon!

Edit:

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=131272 <-- That's a link to a pallet editor. First page in the Toolbox. Read the forum descriptions next time, please.

I'm not quite sure, Darksun... I can't find a topic anywhere on the forum for PokeTEX, but I'll research it a little bit and get back to you (again).

secretcharly

Shinygold D/P remake!!!
    Years
  • kid

:D

i have tried that program (dp palette editor) but its the same but more dificult than poketex.
    I will try the d throug mode,i will see if i can make something
    Thanks for your help,see you

dtroug, can you tell me where to download taxahan? i download it from the home page but it say that it dont have a file and i cant use it

Years
  • i don't make the programs, i research stuff. there is a dp text editor, and we're working on a map editor, i know a good deal about mapping some parts, but some different areas are done in some other ways.

ecg64

4th Generation Hacking! D/P!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Could you give me the download link for the D/P Text editor pleae Gabe_K?

Years
  • the thread is here for a reason, i'm working on mapping right now, but there should be a link to the text editor earlier in here

secretcharly

Shinygold D/P remake!!!
    Years
  • Well i am using now taxahan but i have some doubts
    what do i have to do to change the color of something, ex. pokemon logo, in a hex editor?

D-Trogh sorry :D

ecg64

4th Generation Hacking! D/P!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    yeah, i agree with secretcharly, we do need a pokemonlogo in hexeditor, or a program to edit the
    part where it says Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Version!

I have a R4DS so i wanna burn my rom to it and play the hacked rom. Tell me the text editor please, and download link, or when will it be realeased.

Last edited:
    Years
  • yeah, i agree with secretcharly, we do need a pokemonlogo in hexeditor, or a program to edit the
    part where it says Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Version!

I have a R4DS so i wanna burn my rom to it and play the hacked rom. Tell me the text editor please, and download link, or when will it be realeased.

If you want these tools then you should know how to edit it.

secretcharly

Shinygold D/P remake!!!
    Years
  • Ohh i was watching your youtube videos (very good) and ,there say that you will put new tools on april 27? is that true?

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
  • OMG.. Just use TileMolester to edit the images from the titlescreen, you can even edit in real colors inside TileMolester..
    Plzz people, we ('Tha Researchers') find this stuff ourselves, so why can't you guys..
    Just try, k? It doesn't hurt, and if you f*ck up your ROM, just download a new one? :s
    MEH.. There are enough tools, and we can hack like anything but maps and scripts.. so

Ok.. I'm really getting angry by every post in this thread that goes like 'where do I download', 'is there a map editor', 'make ..'
    Really guys, just wait, k? :-\

EDIT:
    ecg64 (04/03 | 02:11 AM) said:
    i hate u D-Trough.
    Go @#$% a horse!
    What a nice quote, luckily my name is not 'D-Trough' :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ohh i was watching your youtube videos (very good) and ,there say that you will put new tools on april 27? is that true?

no, the tools that were planned for that are out. no work on the map editor which i'm almost sure is what your asking about has been done yet.

@D-Trogh: yeah man, the ammount of requests and demands is probably atleast 5 times the ammount of discoverys in this thread :/

so now...
    DON'T ASK FOR TOOLS IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO HACK WHAT YOU WANT HACKED!! AND DON'T ASK FOR ANY LINKS! THEY ARE IN THE THREAD!

@ecg64: you ungreatful kid, we tolerate crap from you guys all the time. D-Trough has made plenty of discoveries, do you know why we research this crap!? FOR THE ****ING COMMUNITY! i'm not sure i like the community very much due to the number of people like you in it!

Years
  • Gabe_K, you probaly dont make the progrmas, you rip off the betas from smart people and you just suck a @#@# a day you little @^#^#@$!

Sorry gabe, i just am stressed out. need a d/p text editor or name of file pleae.
    I am sorry to D-Trough too.

i spend hours infront of my computer researching crap for a community that hates the people who make it possible! if this is what we get then i wouldn't exepect a public release of a map editor for awhile longer, how about a private release to the people who deserve it?

secretcharly

Shinygold D/P remake!!!
    Years
  • First i dont ask for mapping or sript ,i asked for change the color like d-trogh did in the main title.
    and second sorry if we(well i mean me :D) are making you very much question,but like me,i dont know very much of making programs and hex because its mt first time using them

But after all this thanks for what you have aswered, see you

Years
  • look here now. he is making programs for the people on pokecommunity and he hardly gets any thanks.
    Don't curse at him when he is working on a lot of programs for d/p and all you do is sit around impatiently.
    Unfortunately there isn't a d/p text or map editor yet but gabe_k found was one of the few people to scratch the surface of it.
    Now let people have a break every once in a while because they has a personal life too.But you are actually lucky gabe_k and many other people are helping make d/p programs for you so you shouldn't complain or rush them.

actualy he's right, i don't make programs. i sit through long lines of hex all day trying to change little places in a japanese kid's video game just to get yelled at because i don't want to provide him links.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back