• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeenix

Meow
Years
  • i have one question or maybe two on diamond and pearl ok first is there a tool to map also how do you change graphics what do you use?

STOP ASKING FOR MAP EDITORS!!
    Gabe is working as hard as he can trying to satisfy you people who give him nothing but flaming and disrespect. A map editor will come out sometime, he already gave you plenty of programs so if you don't want to wait make one yourself. One will eventually come out so just wait

ecg64

4th Generation Hacking! D/P!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Pokespam, when do you think you wil release your new programs, and what are they. I am a big fan, keep up the exclelent work!

Years
  • yes i can make programs i write custom firmware for 360's in my spare time made a few apps for some computer games here and there and about 300million trainers lol

AWESOME! i just flashed my samsung ms25 yesterday :D

Is there a Map Editor for Pokemon Pearl?
    If so can post a link to it so I can download it?

yes, it's called a hex editor, it can do almost anything.

Pokespam, when do you think you wil release your new programs, and what are they. I am a big fan, keep up the exclelent work!

no idea

Ahegil

The Breeder Chick
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    nice soft? or hard? and can you send me the mart offsets? i would like to release my type changer(and hopfully moveset editor having a bit of trouble though) with a mart editor also =P you'll get full credit i just label it pokespam inc.? or do i need approval from the rest of ur team?

Years
  • nice soft? or hard? and can you send me the mart offsets? i would like to release my type changer(and hopfully moveset editor having a bit of trouble though) with a mart editor also =P you'll get full credit i just label it pokespam inc.? or do i need approval from the rest of ur team?

It involved the opening of my 360, so i assume that's hard. If you come on msn i'll send you the mart offsets, i don't really like working over pm for certain reasons.

Ahegil

The Breeder Chick
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    yes opening your xbox is very duanting to most and one little thing wil totaly screw your whole xbox dam microsoft firmware -.-

gamefreakfatty

yuo shuld mak an dp map edtior
    Years
  • yes i can make programs i write custom firmware for 360's in my spare time made a few apps for some computer games here and there and about 300million trainers lol

although i can believe you can write apps, i highly doubt that you write your own firmware for the 360, because at the moment, the only one who has released any or done anything significant with it is Commodore4Eva (C4E.) so unless you're C4E, which i doubt because they're probably too busy hacking away at something more worthwhile than pokemon (no offense anyone,) then you probably don't write your own firmware. you may flash firmware, but i doubt you write it. plus, if you made a lot of trainers and do write firmware, which would require knowledge of the original firmware (which would be learned through hex,) you would have enough knowledge of hex to get the mart data yourself dont you think? and dont bother saying you're too lazy, because taking on the task of writing a custom firmware for a 360 drive would be much more work. so if you did, then you wouldn't be lazy. also, if you dont have enough time, then i really dont know what to say other than: why would you want to make a program for it then?
    lol, sorry if this is considered flaming, but i just thought i would state what i think. dont want to start any wars after all.

@ gabe:
    i believe you did a soft mod. a hard mod involves soldering. soft mod is the flashing of your drive (as in the software mod for your drive)

p.s.
    sorry for going off topic.

Last edited:

Ahegil

The Breeder Chick
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    gabe is very aware that all he did was flash -.- and your quite the cocky person to go around telling people what they and can cant do just becuase you amricans cant figure it out dont mean the germans cant and by all means we always figure it out first sure i dont write anything ground breaking just a basic port for linux to run on the 360 but dont go around insulting people speacaily when its over the internet as people seem to thinks its ok to put others down just becuase it is over the internet also between my job and my job building costum computer for people i dont really have that much time dont ever tell someone else what they can and cant do again

oh and next time just PM that crap to me

Last edited:

gamefreakfatty

yuo shuld mak an dp map edtior
    Years
  • @ PokeMaster1:
    search on google for: hex editor
    read the documents and tutorials section of this forum.
    you may also search for information on how to do all this on google as well, although i do not know what results it will yield.

sorry didn't feel like multi-quoting.

the rest is @ Ahegil:
    gabe is very aware that all he did was flash -.- and your quite the cocky person to go around telling people what they and can cant do just becuase you amricans cant figure it out dont mean the germans cant and by all means we always figure it out first sure i dont write anything ground breaking just a basic port for linux to run on the 360 but dont go around insulting people speacaily when its over the internet as people seem to thinks its ok to put others down just becuase it is over the internet also between my job and my job building costum computer for people i dont really have that much time dont ever tell someone else what they can and cant do again

oh and next time just PM that crap to me

sorry dude, as i said, i didnt want to start any wars, all i was doing was stating my thoughts. to get this out of the way:

1st: i know gabe knew all he did was flash, i was notifying him that i thought it was a soft mod not a hard mod.
    2nd: i never said what you can and cant do. i said what i thought was the truth, sorry if i offended you.
    3rd: what does a port of linux have to do with any of this?
    4th: i dont remember ever really trying to put anyone down. neither on the internet or in real life (while in a good mood)
    5th: no offense, but to be quite honest, i dont care what your job is. i gave an explanation of why i wouldnt believe you if you said you didnt have enough time btw.
    6th: im sorry, i will never tell someone else what they can or cant do again (although thats not what i did)
    7th: learn to spell stuff right, even if you are from a different country:
    amricans = Americans
    becuase = because
    speacaily = especially
    costum = custom

i dont think i like it here.
    with that said, i might be done doing anything from now on. the community is full of people who dont bother to search, use common sense, or even be polite about things (myself included in the 3rd part, sorry)
    in any case, if i do happen to continue and i figure something out, i'll be sure to make everyone else who isnt on the team figure it out them selves.

p.s.
    i dont have to pm anything to anyone, i can make it public if i please. if the mods prefer that i pm you and have this conversation out of the thread, then so be it. it doesnt bother me. just note this, i can show any pm i get to anyone i please.

cya
    -game

Last edited:

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
    Years
  • it's sad to see what's become of this once fine thread.

Tensions are high and all but come on guys, be reasonable. I wasn't here when advance hacking or have no clue as to how that was when it was in it's infancy. But i bet it was very similar to this.

Everyone has a desire to be on the cutting edge. It's human and internet nature. So let's just use that handy report feature we got for the spammers and try to regroup as not just a team but as a community. By working together I'm certain 4th gen hacking will be blown wide open

As miyazaki-san told us all "We must learn to see with eyes unclouded by hate."

On Topic time now that that is out of the way.....

From how things are going i have no doubt that some of the information we desire will be found with sooner rather than later.

Go Team Pokespam!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • once the dp map editor is made I would like to do a GSC remake,
    but the 3D tilesets I've found out on pokemon diamond/pearl can be in any sizes,
    on Route 211 I've found out that a bit of the river goes into
    the Mystery Zone, but a Mystery Zone is an empty space of the world map
    though, but I have found out that a map's border has a border for each direction...
    I'm still researching pokemon diamond for more information.

Years
  • it's sad to see what's become of this once fine thread.

Tensions are high and all but come on guys, be reasonable. I wasn't here when advance hacking or have no clue as to how that was when it was in it's infancy. But i bet it was very similar to this.

Everyone has a desire to be on the cutting edge. It's human and internet nature. So let's just use that handy report feature we got for the spammers and try to regroup as not just a team but as a community. By working together I'm certain 4th gen hacking will be blown wide open

As miyazaki-san told us all "We must learn to see with eyes unclouded by hate."

On Topic time now that that is out of the way.....

From how things are going i have no doubt that some of the information we desire will be found with sooner rather than later.

Go Team Pokespam!

thank you for the support. unfortunately, even though most of it is like gba, when it comes to what people really want to do (being mapping), it's entirely different. We do know how to hack maps, it'll just take time for us to be able too hack them fully

Twar3Draconis

Super Asian
    Years
  • Maybe they aren't done. People have lives, you know. These hackers can't be expected to sit around all day and work on this, unless you pay them.

The more you ask, the less chance that you'll even get the finished product. That's what happened to the DS features of xLink Kai. People were being so noobish that they canceled it.

If you wanna see it done, do it yourself, pay the hackers or wait until it's done.

Well, PokeSpam Inc., you guys are doing great. Keep it up. If I was doing this, I would've fallen to the pestering for "Sunday the 27th" long ago.

ecg64

4th Generation Hacking! D/P!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    What is a HEX editor for dimaond and pearl, and exactly, what does it do?
    I am wondering, and Pokespam, please tell me what program your working on and tell me the release date.
    POKESPAM ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Twar3Draconis

Super Asian
    Years
  • A Hex Editor is a application that edits Hexadecimal code. It can edit all applications and files.

I do suggest against asking for a release date, as set release dates tend to cause rushed progress and lower quality work in order to meet a deadline. It'll be finished when it'll be finished. I'd love to help and speed this up, but my hex editing skills aren't up to par.

Last edited:
    Years
  • What is a HEX editor for dimaond and pearl, and exactly, what does it do?
    I am wondering, and Pokespam, please tell me what program your working on and tell me the release date.
    POKESPAM ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Stop asking. We have no set release date. Learn to live with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back