• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
Years
  • Trying to use thenewpoketext to get the files I need for pokedspic and I do everything a tutorial says and i get the tmp-"romname" folder but nothing appears in it. Can anyone help?

Yes I do have the rom in the same directory as the new poketext. Could the fact that I have my computer set up to where I can see file extensions stop this from working?

EDIT: okay made it so I cant see the file extensions, only affected some files, and it still doesn't work. Here's the directory setup:
    Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Last edited:

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • Yes I do have the rom in the same directory as the new poketext. Could the fact that I have my computer set up to where I can see file extensions stop this from working?

EDIT: okay made it so I cant see the file extensions, only affected some files, and it still doesn't work. Here's the directory setup:
    Are you typing in "Pokemon Diamond.nds"? You should be. If you just type "Pokemon Diamond" it won't work.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    Does someone has the Pokémon Platinum (USA) version offsets of the male trianer hero in and out of battle?

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    Does anyone have any advice on how I would go about making a list on pokeTEX for the english (USA) rom of platinum? I need to basically apply all the same changes to a platinum rom as I did to a diamond rom (so advice on how to make pokeDSpic work on the USA platinum rom would be fantastic too).

Thenewpoketext works perfectly on the USA platinum rom with no changes required :P that was a pleasant surprise.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2011
    Yes, Thenewpokétext works perfectly with USA Platinum! That's awesome.

Anyone know where graphics for the font is stored in-game, and if it's compressed? Thanks..

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    Does someone knows the names of the .arc files of the hero trainer outside battle for the game Pokémon Platinum [USA] ?

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    You don't need .narc to change overworld sprites, use PokeTEX, that is if there is a list out for pokemon platinum USA.

If not I am willing to do the grunt work if someone could quickly tell me how to start finding the hex for each overworld (and so make a list file for PokeTEX).

P.S. have you got pokeDSpic or similar working for platinum USA?

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    Hehe thx ;)
    Jup, i have the platinum version of pokedspic why?
    (sorry, not so pro @ 'hacking)'

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    Could you possibly give me a link to the platinum poke ds pic?

I'm trying to find which narc contains the overworld sprites by extracting narcs from platinum (jap) and inserting them into platinum (eng) and seeing which one makes the character sprite glitch :P it might take a while (no idea of a better way to do it) I think it might actually be common knowledge which narc contains them though, as pokeTEX had to be made by someone :P

nvm, got a platinum pokedspic now.

Still can't find which narc it is :P grr.

Last edited:
    Years
  • If you're looking for theme in PokeDSPic you won't find anything, the OWs were stored as textures on extremely simple models as I recall.

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    If you're looking for theme in PokeDSPic you won't find anything, the OWs were stored as textures on extremely simple models as I recall.

In that case do you have any idea how I could go about compiling a list of model locations for pokeTEX, as I said before I am willing to do all the grunt work if someone will just put a step by step on how to find one (I will then find all the others and upload a list ASAP).

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • In that case do you have any idea how I could go about compiling a list of model locations for pokeTEX, as I said before I am willing to do all the grunt work if someone will just put a step by step on how to find one (I will then find all the others and upload a list ASAP).
    They are in /data/movemodel/movemodel.narc

compare the offsets that tahaxan tihaxa gives for each file in that narc with the list of offsets for PokeTex for a particula pair of ROM and list (i.e., US DP ROM and US DP list, of Jp Pt ROM and Jp Pt list).

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    I found that using nitroexplorer I could extract the narc containing the overworlds from my already edited japanese platinum rom (which I was experimenting with last week) re-insert it into the USA rom and all the overworlds came out perfectly, so untill I finish with this list you guys can just edit within a japanese rom and then X-fer across to your USA roms.

Tried using PPTE but for some reason I repeatedly got an error when editing platinum files if the trainer I selected had more than one pokemon, any pokemon it did display were incorrect and most weren't displayed at all, I also got a nasty error meesage popping up telling me it had gone wrong, it says

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Value of '140' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'.
    Parameter name: Value
    at System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value)
    at PPTE.Form1.GetCurrentPokes()
    at PPTE.Form1.TrainerID_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    PPTE
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents and Settings/D...null2/null/Tools/Caleb/PPTE - PKM DB/PPTE.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSI....0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    ************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.
    For example:
    <configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>
    When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Last edited:

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • I found that using nitroexplorer I could extract the narc containing the overworlds from my already edited japanese platinum rom (which I was experimenting with last week) re-insert it into the USA rom and all the overworlds came out perfectly, so untill I finish with this list you guys can just edit within a japanese rom and then X-fer across to your USA roms.

Tried using PPTE but for some reason I repeatedly got an error when editing platinum files if the trainer I selected had more than one pokemon, any pokemon it did display were incorrect and most weren't displayed at all, I also got a nasty error meesage popping up telling me it had gone wrong, it says
    It might be a different format used in platinum. Or it might be that one format is used for US games and another for Japanese. Right now PPTE is set up to work for Jp Platinum. I'll take a look next week.

man

Scrafty the Beast
    Years
  • ok um does anyone know how to hack platinums sprites? Oh and thanks SCV I looked through this thread and found a poketex that worked. Thanks for all the help!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    ok um does anyone know how to hack platinums sprites? Oh and thanks SCV I looked through this thread and found a poketex that worked. Thanks for all the help!!!

You can use pokeTEX and the japaese ROM, then extract the mmodel.narc and reinsert the mmodel.narc into the USA platinum rom for now, this will allow you to edit overworlds.

Use the platinum version of pokeDSpic to edit back/front sprites, it works perfectly with the USA rom.

SCV, I get the same problem using the japanese rom trdata,narc and trpoke.narc, are they meant to be named pl_trdata.narc and pl_trpoke.narc?

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • SCV, I get the same problem using the japanese rom trdata,narc and trpoke.narc, are they meant to be named pl_trdata.narc and pl_trpoke.narc?
    Do you have the latest version?
    I tried it this morning and it reads everything fine from the US one.

man

Scrafty the Beast
    Years
  • Thanks Calebpresent um...do you know how to get sprites from other games and put it on pearl, like jolteon for the hero as an example.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back