• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    This may be a silly question, but is it possible to change the player sprite/model in Platinum to somebody else--say, one of the multiplayer avatars? If it's possible, then which tools would I need in order to accomplish this?

If you mean the overworld sprite then all you need is PokeTEX a copy of the poketex list for platinum, a japanese copy of platinum and an english copy of platinum and nitroexlorer 2b then:

-Open the japanese copy of platinum in PokeTEX

-Scroll down the the sprite sheet you wish to use

-click the "save poke" button

-scroll down to "hero" or "heroine"

-click the "load poke" button and load the sprite sheet you saved

-Click the "unk" button

-Save changes and exit pokeTEX

-open up your japanese rom in nitroexplorer 2b and extract mmodel.narc

-reinsert the mmodel.narc you just extracted into your english rom (always make a backup)

-play with your new overworld.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    I know someone's made an (incomplete) script editor... Try Project Pokémon's thread in the Pokésav forums.
    I actually spoke with SCV (he even helped me with my hack a bit) and he said his team is working on a better script editor at this time. I actually have a version that is technically in-between the current release and the next one, that he updated just for US Platinum...
    Now if he would just log on so I can ask him if his trainer editor works for US Platinum...

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    Alright, I am trying to hack Pokemon Platinum (U), and succeeded.

Now my main objective was to create an entire new game, but not based on Scripting, or Event Adding/Modding. What I was going to do is:

1.) Edit Sprites
    2.) Edit Pokemon Types (Fire/Grass, Dark/Normal, the like)
    3.) Edit "Pokedex" Info (If I can find it, Ill try to edit it.
    4.) Adding Cries
    5.) Adding Music

The first two (Sprites and Types) have been tested and done, as seen here:

watch?v=A75a184wiLo

However, I am looking for Spriting Tutorials, either Fusion or Scratch. I also would like a list on what Type Combination's haven't been placed in the game yet.

Thank you for either reading or helping me with this :D

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    If you were to figure out that pokedex you would be worshpped! We haven't figured out the file structure... I've screwed around with it but I can't get very far as I am only just barely not a beginner...

But as for everything else you are looking for, I advise reading through this thread (I no it's long but I did and got my beta hack out in 3 days) and then heading over to the tutorials section

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    Tell me guys, which one looks cooler (This is based on Shadow Lugia on Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness)

i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/ShadowFireMario/Lugia_test.png

The first one (Left) is a Lugia recolored with Darkrai's palette. The last one (Right) is when I pasted the Lugia Edit over the Original Lugia Sprite. The colors are "messed up" because of the palette change.

But I was thinking, the right one looks MORE like Shadow Lugia, than the one on the Left.

Opinions?

aerowolf

Beginning Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2009
    Wow, Code, definitely the right one. The left one is ok, but the right one really looks and FEELS like the Shadow Lugia. Good job on that one.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    I fixed up Shadow Lugia, and put him ingame. Will try to get a video link here, since I dont have 15 posts :(

Edit: Video Link -> youtube.com/watch?v=GQ2jI1Faops

Sorry for the double post, however if not done the question would of not been answered if I just edited it in :)

If someone for Pokemon Platinum, could give me the offset in which "battle music" starts? If I have that, I would try to make a table out of it.

Don't tell me to look in the thread, I have. 2 times.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    So, digging through this thread, all 70 pages of it, and using the knowledge gleaned, I have starting trying to find the various offests for the starter pokemon, and the rival battles in platinum. Mostly so that when you edit the starters, your rival picks the appropriate pokemon. But I can't seem to find the offest for the first battle with your rival, right at the beginning, to make the appropriate changes.

Any Ideas?
    ~D~

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Yea, that's an easy one actually!
    Just edit the trainer's with PPTE or hex editing
    there is 3 rival's in there for every time you fight him so you just have to change the pokemon he uses in the battles.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    I haven't found the offset for the very first battle, and they added some new fights, for a total of 7, I just need to find the new offset, then it will be hunting through poketext tuts, and poketex tuts, to get the words and textures to match what is changed around :)

~D~
    Edit, I found the trainer battles with PPTE, thoguht I suppose I should of been taking notes on them:) now to find them in hex!
    (and more importantly, time to hunt down the script that chooses which rival to send out, which is way more important!)

~D~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    I wouldn't see the need to edit which ones comes out...
    You can literally just change the pokemon in PPTE and whatever you set it to will be the one you fight...

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    If I was only worried about a one off mod for my self, yes, but if i wanted to make a full on hack, having the rival's behavior match up properly would be the thing to do. Editing the trainers is the easy part, I would have to do that anyway, the hard part, is hunting around for the script that tells each battle, which trainer to use :)
    ~D~

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    yea, got no clue there...
    Probably a lot of "if" statements involved so I gotta say I wish you the best of luck on that!

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • If I was only worried about a one off mod for my self, yes, but if i wanted to make a full on hack, having the rival's behavior match up properly would be the thing to do. Editing the trainers is the easy part, I would have to do that anyway, the hard part, is hunting around for the script that tells each battle, which trainer to use :)
    ~D~
    Well would you design a new way to figure out which trainer to use? Other than the usual way?

Have you looked at PPRE?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    Well would you design a new way to figure out which trainer to use? Other than the usual way?

Have you looked at PPRE?
    Thats just it, I don't know the usual way. If i knew where it was, I would edit it appropriately, and yes, I am actually using PPRE< combined with HxD and Hex Workshop and notepad to search out known values. but the script files are being stubborn and don't contain easily searched out stuff. So I was mostly curious if anyone had discovered the location of the script files that matter, in platinum.

And if i was writing the script, in plain language, it would basically say
    Code:
    set starter  to XX XX/ YY YY/ZZ ZZ
    if starter == XX XX
    set Rival ==Rival_A
    else if starter == YY YY
    set rival Rival_B
    else if starter == ZZ ZZ
    set rival Rival_C
    end
    But otherwise, Its look through the hex codes for patterns based on the info we currently have, I haven't started actually changing anything other than the starters in platinum so I can start with my mew (i love that lil pink/blue cat!) but it bugs me that if i replace turtwig with Mew, my rival chooses turtwig, its wrong and thus the hunt for the script :)

~D~

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    If someone for Pokemon Platinum, could give me the offset in which "battle music" starts? If I have that, I would try to make a table out of it.

Don't tell me to look in the thread, I have. 2 times.

Thanks.

Can I get an answer please? Blazechu moved it up to my lugia post :<

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    I meant to ask SCV but he just signed off...
    My advice would be to PM anyone who has made d/p/p tools... They are your best bet! Although I gotta tell ya, I'm not entirely certain anyone knows...

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • Thats just it, I don't know the usual way. If i knew where it was, I would edit it appropriately, and yes, I am actually using PPRE< combined with HxD and Hex Workshop and notepad to search out known values. but the script files are being stubborn and don't contain easily searched out stuff. So I was mostly curious if anyone had discovered the location of the script files that matter, in platinum.
    After looking at the lave verity scrip some more, I am pretty sure that getting it to say the right name will require and ASM hack. Actually just getting it to show the right starter sprites in DP required an ASM hack. (Does mew's sprite show us when you change the starter to mew?

And if i was writing the script, in plain language, it would basically say
    Code:
    set starter  to XX XX/ YY YY/ZZ ZZ
    if starter == XX XX
    set Rival ==Rival_A
    else if starter == YY YY
    set rival Rival_B
    else[B] if starter == ZZ ZZ[/B]
    set rival Rival_C
    end
    But otherwise, Its look through the hex codes for patterns based on the info we currently have, I haven't started actually changing anything other than the starters in platinum so I can start with my mew (i love that lil pink/blue cat!) but it bugs me that if i replace turtwig with Mew, my rival chooses turtwig, its wrong and thus the hunt for the script :)
    ~D~
    The part of what you said that I bolded would not be there. So if you choose turtwig or chimchar it sets the trainer to the right one and otherwise it sets the trainer as if you had chose piplup. This is something that definately has to bee looked into. But I am not sure if you would find it in the script. I know that for what name the rival says his starter has, its not in the script. There is a scripting command that does "get rival's starter's name". We would have to look at the ASM for that command.

Can I get an answer please? Blazechu moved it up to my lugia post :<
    Looking at this might shed some light: https://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=140125
    I will eventually look at it, but I have not gotten around to it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back