• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

man

Scrafty the Beast
Years
  • Okay here goes RolandHazoto. I'm trying to play this game called pokemon jupiter. I put the ips patch on the rom. Next I try to put it on my ds and when I open it it doesn't work. Any advice. Thanks

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Well I personally do not have a DS to test with, but I have many confirmations of my hack working with DS...
    What tool are you using?
    I personally recommend Tsukuyomi...

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Okay here goes RolandHazoto. I'm trying to play this game called pokemon jupiter. I put the ips patch on the rom. Next I try to put it on my ds and when I open it it doesn't work. Any advice. Thanks
    an ips?

Last I checked the ds games are to big to make an ips...

man

Scrafty the Beast
    Years
  • well Gamer2020 Pokemon jupiter is a hack of pokemon ruby and when I patch the rom and try to play it on my ds it goes to the Gameboy screen and just goes blank after that. I have also tried this game on vba and no$gba but the vba one wont work only no$gba will. I have tried other hacks like pokemon Naranja on my ds and that works but this one just won't. Any Advice. Thanks. Ps I'm using an ez 3in1 flashcart.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Good point! I personally am using UPS files for my patches, although soon it seems I may have to switch over to xdelta...

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • well Gamer2020 Pokemon jupiter is a hack of pokemon ruby and when I patch the rom and try to play it on my ds it goes to the Gameboy screen and just goes blank after that. I have also tried this game on vba and no$gba but the vba one wont work only no$gba will. I have tried other hacks like pokemon Naranja on my ds and that works but this one just won't. Any Advice. Thanks. Ps I'm using an ez 3in1 flashcart.
    Well this isn't the place to ask that...

Good point! I personally am using UPS files for my patches, although soon it seems I may have to switch over to xdelta...
    whats xdelta?
    another type of patching?

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2010
    OK.
    Man (awesome name btw)
    ds flashcarts cant play gba games unless u have the one that goes down the bottom. for that there are different instructions. for me i use supercard combo (supercard dsone and supercard lite) and i just patch the games then use the converting prgram and put them on my gba slot and play them

-So if you're using a flashcart that goes up the top then ur screwed sorry.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • OK.
    Man (awesome name btw)
    ds flashcarts cant play gba games unless u have the one that goes down the bottom. for that there are different instructions. for me i use supercard combo (supercard dsone and supercard lite) and i just patch the games then use the converting prgram and put them on my gba slot and play them

-So if you're using a flashcart that goes up the top then ur screwed sorry.
    I don't think that applies to all cause the max media dock is a slot 2 device and it doesnt play gba as far as I know.

Scythe_Ironclaw

For Iron Legion!
    Years
  • Make a %*^& map editor!!

Here is what I don't understand; we are nearing the launch of Pokemon Soul Silver and Heart Gold and STILL no 4th Gen ROM Map hacking tools!

Why hasn't somebody formed a team of people to find out the base formation in hex of each map. The layout should be in a pattern like;
    Somewhere in Hex[One of the files in the ROM][Map Tag/Aka Name][Map Size in X,Y](There is no map size in Z)And then the hex values for the layout, texture, and movement permit flags.

*Scratch the Map size X,Y thing. One needs to have it in a 3D type of OPEN GL system here. Kind of close to Google Sketchup, but instead of a pen tool, it should use some kind of 20x20[or whatever the pixel size of each "tile" is] kind of grid.

The way I see this working is to treat each tile as an "object" in which it would have the base[is it flat? Does is Climb uphill/downhill? Is it a 90-digree wall?, etc.) and then the terrain/graphic property, then finnaly the permissions.( If I had 2 tiles on route 301, both at hight 5 but one had passible, h1 and another had passible h5. The Passible h5 would cause my character to appear on top of it as normal, the other one would cause the character to appear under it. Crap! There needs to be a "Hightmap" added in with the movement data. A simple workarround is to use the same "tile placement" system with the movement data.

Simplified, thingies needed:
    (Game Map Data file)->[Map Tag/Name, Size, Encounter Data, Hight map (When you step on the tile, do you get set to the hight, or become set to the base height (hight 0-Mystery Zone) Movement Tag (Water, Passible, Impassible, Bridge, Etc...) Well, the bridges may or may not be a problem.

#There are 3D models in the game! The bridges are not models, but tiles that have more polygons! There needs to be a model editor as well, NOTE THIS THOUGH! The models have no collision data! That is placed in the Map Editor! Not on the model data alone (note how the collisions remained the same when you changed the rival's house to something massive?) However! Model placement should be in the map editor as well, OPEN GL it once again and have the option to show the actual model or shade the area of where the model is (for slower computers)

Well, this post will most likely be misjudged once again by some a-whipe and think nothing of this.

I guarantee the next post will be e-bag again saying some crap of why it cannot be done because we have to wait for some miracle "Japanese Hacker"!
    Dummy! I just stated the outline of a Map Editing Program! Now just combine the hackers findings with some programers and graphic designers and there you go! Given around the launch time of SS HG it should be stable.

*#Some things I would like to see are:
    Stable, Easy to use Sprite Editor
    4th Gen Script Editor (Creator of Pokescript is working on this?)
    Music Sequencer*>

*>Would yank the samples from the game and allow one to either create their own samples form .wav files or use the ones in the game to create their own music!

The reason I constantly press this is because I want to make a 4th gen remake of Pokemon Sapphire!

POKEMON SAPPHIRE SEA Version.

CRAP! For that I would need a tittle screen editor as well...

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • The reason I constantly press this is because I want to make a 4th gen remake of Pokemon Sapphire!

POKEMON SAPPHIRE SEA Version..
    You think its so easy, then you do it. Maps are genuine 3D models. Editing them will not be easy, even though we can already display them (somewhat).

We do have a team an we are working hard. Unfortunately, there is only so much we can do with so little people only a finite amount of hours per day.

Years
  • Here is what I don't understand; we are nearing the launch of Pokemon Soul Silver and Heart Gold and STILL no 4th Gen ROM Map hacking tools!

Why hasn't somebody formed a team of people to find out the base formation in hex of each map. The layout should be in a pattern like;
    Somewhere in Hex[One of the files in the ROM][Map Tag/Aka Name][Map Size in X,Y](There is no map size in Z)And then the hex values for the layout, texture, and movement permit flags.

*Scratch the Map size X,Y thing. One needs to have it in a 3D type of OPEN GL system here. Kind of close to Google Sketchup, but instead of a pen tool, it should use some kind of 20x20[or whatever the pixel size of each "tile" is] kind of grid.

The way I see this working is to treat each tile as an "object" in which it would have the base[is it flat? Does is Climb uphill/downhill? Is it a 90-digree wall?, etc.) and then the terrain/graphic property, then finnaly the permissions.( If I had 2 tiles on route 301, both at hight 5 but one had passible, h1 and another had passible h5. The Passible h5 would cause my character to appear on top of it as normal, the other one would cause the character to appear under it. Crap! There needs to be a "Hightmap" added in with the movement data. A simple workarround is to use the same "tile placement" system with the movement data.

(Game Map Data file)->[Map Tag/Name, Size, Encounter Data, Hight map (When you step on the tile, do you get set to the hight, or become set to the base height (hight 0-Mystery Zone) Movement Tag (Water, Passible, Impassible, Bridge, Etc...) Well, the bridges may or may not be a problem.

#There are 3D models in the game! The bridges are not models, but tiles that have more polygons! There needs to be a model editor as well, NOTE THIS THOUGH! The models have no collision data! That is placed in the Map Editor! Not on the model data alone (note how the collisions remained the same when you changed the rival's house to something massive?) However! Model placement should be in the map editor as well, OPEN GL it once again and have the option to show the actual model or shade the area of where the model is (for slower computers)

Well, this post will most likely be misjudged once again by some a-whipe and think nothing of this.

I guarantee the next post will be e-bag again saying some crap of why it cannot be done because we have to wait for some miracle "Japanese Hacker"!
    Dummy! I just stated the outline of a Map Editing Program! Now just combine the hackers findings with some programers and graphic designers and there you go! Given around the launch time of SS HG it should be stable.

Music Sequencer*>

*>Would yank the samples from the game and allow one to either create their own samples form .wav files or use the ones in the game to create their own music!

The reason I constantly press this is because I want to make a 4th gen remake of Pokemon Sapphire!

Since you know apparently know everything, how about you make one?

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • Here is what I don't understand; we are nearing the launch of Pokemon Soul Silver and Heart Gold and STILL no 4th Gen ROM Map hacking tools!

Music Sequencer*>

you were off by one post about e-bag.lol

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Here is what I don't understand; we are nearing the launch of Pokemon Soul Silver and Heart Gold and STILL no 4th Gen ROM Map hacking tools!

Music Sequencer*>

I wish I would have caught this when it was posted...
    But seriously, we are having enough problems working out the smaller things for 4th gen so STFU or do something about it like we started to!
    ADDED-NOTE: I am not aware of the pokescript creator working on a script editor but there is someone working on it.

And SCV if you happen to catch this, hit me up about getting things done... I've been getting sidetracked with work and life and such...
    Use my AIM, as it is always on... Just don't message me if it says I'm sleeping...
    I dunno how far you got with the map layouts, but if you need me to I can dig up my chat history and pick it back up... Just message me to remind me it needs to get done...
    added-note to SCV: not the maplayout thing, the script debugging thing... (the last thing you had me working on)

SCV

DPP Game Researcher
    Years
  • And SCV if you happen to catch this, hit me up about getting things done... I've been getting sidetracked with work and life and such...
    Use my AIM, as it is always on... Just don't message me if it says I'm sleeping...
    I dunno how far you got with the map layouts, but if you need me to I can dig up my chat history and pick it back up... Just message me to remind me it needs to get done...
    added-note to SCV: not the maplayout thing, the script debugging thing... (the last thing you had me working on)
    Me and pichu2001 got the script decompiler working for all commands. Now I am working on the compiler.

Years
    • SV
    • Seen Oct 30, 2014
    Hey, everybody, I need your help!
    Someone can teach me edit evolution with trade, for example electabuzz evollve into electivire giving electirizer, edit it with hex editor, give me which program I should use and how edit it (with pictures)

Please I need your help!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Jul 7, 2010
    Wow, anyone who does this for this guy should be banned! He can just use the damn search feature and search the Tutorials section... Baka!

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    I am trying to make a Tool for extracting Map Data.
    Of Course SCV , yes you , will be in the Credits, 'cause he made this awesome
    Tutorial!

Greetz Hackiosa

~sry for bad english , i am german

Last edited:

Potatomuffin

The One And ONLY!!!
    Years

Music Sequencer*>

i suggested this a while ago, and we(especaly me) already know about the map hacking stuff.the simple truth is that making a map editor program is very difficult. Map hacking? EASY. making a map editor? NOT SO EASY. if you think you can make a map editor out of scrach, feel free to try, but i duobt you will find succses. and if you want to edit so bad use hex. its what i use. Please, in the future don't be a simpleton
    Oh yeah, SCV can i join your "team"?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back