• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirrush

Bringer of Chaos
    Years
    thanks gerri shin. so if i want things like mew etc i am going ot have to find someone to at least trade for data so i can search for it on gts?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Lil_Miss

That's true, but you need to slather honey (bought in Floroama) and wait about 9 hours. Come back, and if it's shaking, click on it to engage in a battle with a rare pokemon. Such pokemon include Combee, Aipom, Burmy, and Cherrim.

Zoaea

They're for planting berries. Just talk to it, and plant/water it and it'll grow over time. If you leave it alone, I think it either stays like that or repeats the cycle.

Sirrush

Unfortunately, yes you have to dex the data with someone to search for it on the GTS. You're better off asking for it in the Quick Trade.

Years
    Quick question, but I'm not sure if this belongs in the Shiny or Q&A thread xD:

If I trade a shiny from a 3rd generation game (such as Ruby), will it remain shiny if migrated to Pearl or Diamond?

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    Quick question, but I'm not sure if this belongs in the Shiny or Q&A thread xD:

If I trade a shiny from a 3rd generation game (such as Ruby), will it remain shiny if migrated to Pearl or Diamond?

Yes. Once a shiny, always a shiny. It doesn't matter if you migrate it, trade it, or evolve it, it will always remain shiny.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    Thank you so much n__n I try it out tonight already :3
    You're welcome. ^_^

Lil_Miss

That's true, but you need to slather honey (bought in Floroama) and wait about 9 hours. Come back, and if it's shaking, click on it to engage in a battle with a rare pokemon. Such pokemon include Combee, Aipom, Burmy, and Cherrim.
    Yeah, although if the tree shakes it doesn't mean that it will be a rare Pokémon. The likes of Wurmple and Silcoon/Cascon can pop out too.

Last edited:

~Rose-quartz Iatos

Rose quartz~
    Years
    Two stat-related questions

Okay, I have a bit of a dillema.

A while ago, I found out that several of my pokemon had been messed up, because I used the AR rare candy cheat. Now, after having not played for a while, I have two questions for creating a new team.

Question 1: If you breed a pokemon that's been statistically messed-up by rare candies, will the offspring have messed-up stats, too?

Question 2: If i take a pokemon with me in an E4 run, having given that pokemon an EXP share, will leveling it up with the EXP share mess it up stat-wise or in any other way? Or will it be raised as it would through battles?

Any feedback on this would be MASSIVELY appreciated, thanks. :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Actually, raising a Pokemon with Rare Candies only "messes it up" in the sense that said Pokemon loses out on the Effort Values it would normally gain from battling. If you do not care nor know about Effort Values, the Pokemon already has all the Effort Values it can obtain, or you do not take it all the way to Level 100 so that it can still go through EV training, then raising a Pokemon through Rare Candies or random battles does not produce any negative effects at all. So...

1. No.

2. Unless Effort Value placement matters to you, then no, it will be raised the same regardless.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    Actually, raising a Pokemon with Rare Candies only "messes it up" in the sense that said Pokemon loses out on the Effort Values it would normally gain from battling. If you do not care nor know about Effort Values, the Pokemon already has all the Effort Values it can obtain, or you do not take it all the way to Level 100 so that it can still go through EV training, then raising a Pokemon through Rare Candies or random battles does not produce any negative effects at all. So...

Pretty much that. EVs are useful for competitive battling and getting the right mix of them is essential for building the right team.

Rare candies just increase you're level naturally, better to use the lots of rare candies after you've specifically EV trained.

However, if you're still in-game and not looking to raise Pokemon with EVs in particular, then don't worry about it. Once you finish the game and get into trading for evolution/level-up items in the Trade Corner, you can erase the EVs on your Pokemon that you deem still useful and train them properly.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2009
    Honey Trees

Is there a specific tree or trees where you can find Burmy with Sandy and Trash Cloaks?

SethAragorn

Survived your Post!
    Years
    I think iTs totaly Random Where you put the honey on the tree.
    But if i were you i would try a tree Thats not on the begining of the game.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    Is there a specific tree or trees where you can find Burmy with Sandy and Trash Cloaks?
    No, all the Burmy you find will be the ones with Grass (or however they're called) cloaks.

If you want to get a Sandy cloak one, you have to battle with it in a caves, ruins or on a road.
    For the Trash cloak one, you have to battle with it in a building (the restaurant between Veilstone and Pastoria is perfect).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2009
    I think iTs totaly Random Where you put the honey on the tree.
    But if i were you i would try a tree Thats not on the begining of the game.

I thought so , I will continue to use the last tree before SunyShore City then.thanks

No, all the Burmy you find will be the ones with Grass (or however they're called) cloaks.

If you want to get a Sandy cloak one, you have to battle with it in a caves, ruins or on a roads.
    For the Trash cloak one, you have to battle with it in a building (the restaurant between Veilstone and Pastoria is perfect).

Never knew that, ok then.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2009
    Okay, so for the first time ever i caught a pokemon with pokerus!!!!!

I have infected my team and put one spare in the pc box... as you know pkrs doubles the pokemons IV's when leveling up... well im using it on a low level pokemon but the stats are going up the same as it normaly would... Whats wrong??

Also pkrs is cured after 24 hours right? Is that gameplay time or 24 hours since you infected the pokemon?

Schala_25

Denizen of the Darkness
    Years
    Okay, so for the first time ever i caught a pokemon with pokerus!!!!!

I have infected my team and put one spare in the pc box... as you know pkrs doubles the pokemons IV's when leveling up... well im using it on a low level pokemon but the stats are going up the same as it normaly would... Whats wrong??

Also pkrs is cured after 24 hours right? Is that gameplay time or 24 hours since you infected the pokemon?

It doubles Effort Points actually, not IVs. Also, the effects aren't really that noticeable just from leveling them up at a low level. I doubt that you've maxed out your EVs yet, and the effect is overall, so you'll really see a difference when your Pokemon is maxed out, and then leveled up to level 100 in its stats, but just leveling it up normally doesn't show too much difference (unless you do all the training at level 99 and then level it up). Rest assured, if you EV train your Pokemon, then you'll see the difference in the stats you trained them in eventually. Lower levels just don't show it as well.

I thought that Pokerus was cured if the infected Pokemon was in your party at midnight (whether you're playing or not). If it is the 24 hour thing, then that's real time, not game time. It still has the same affect whether its cured or not, though, so curing it won't affect you're training.

The Kidd

Godly Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2013
    If you hatch a Shiny pokemon, but the IVs are bad can and you want to SR will it still be Shiny?

Years
    Ok, something I've always been so confused about.. What does EV and IV stand for?? I see lots of trading threads with those things and I need to know exactly what they are before I do anything wrong.. 8(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back