• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    I know the pokeradar has a range, as I had stated above. :P But its impossible for it to be "out of range" if its in your screen. And not to mention it has happened sometiems when im running back and forth between a few tiles to reset the radar ebcause of a bad natural selection of shaky-tiles. It must be something else, any other ideas? =/
    When running about, make sure that at least one of the last patches that shook doesn't go off screen. This causes the chain to break, and the status on the Pokétch app. to vanish abruptly.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    When running about, make sure that at least one of the last patches that shook doesn't go off screen. This causes the chain to break, and the status on the Pokétch app. to vanish abruptly.

so you're saying that all the patches of grass that did shake have to always remain in my screen until I get into the next battle? Thanks, that might be the problem I'm having, thanks dude :)

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    so you're saying that all the patches of grass that did shake have to always remain in my screen until I get into the next battle? Thanks, that might be the problem I'm having, thanks dude :)
    Not all of them have to stay on screen but atleast one has to, unless you want to break the chain.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Tournament Rules.

At my school, my friend and I are organizing a Diamond and Pearl tournament. It's going to be held on March 22nd and the winner (or winners) are going to win Platinum. I was wondering if these rules are good or do I need to change a few.

1.) No Ubers
    2.) No Legendaries
    3.) All Pokemon MUST be 100- to help you do this we will allow the use of the infinite rare candies cheat; if you do not have access to a action replay we will have people who do and you may come an hour early and we will help you get your team to 100
    4.) Max stats are recommended however, we will not allow the use of cheated permanent stat increasers. If this cheat is on your game we will disqualify you. to get max stats just go through elite four ALOT or do battle tower ALOT
    5.) The battling will be tag battling and you will not know your partner until 10 minutes before the tournament begins so don't tell anyone your team!
    6.) Once your team has been registered you cannot switch out pokemon.

How's that?

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
    It may be due to personal preference, but I suggest adding the Sleep and Evasion clause to your set of rules.
    If your opponent puts you to sleep and spams double team, it can cause an unfair advantage.

However, those set of rules are good. Can't you automatically go into a battle as a level 100 though?

Years
    Auto-leveling to lv. 100 only works on wi-fi. If that's a possible option, then use that, because Rare Candies reduce the Pokemon's stats last time I checked. I also suggest using the hax items clause which rules out the use of items such as quick claw, bright powder, king's rock, etc, in addition to what Ikwaylx suggested. It's not cool to be 1 move away from victory only to have your opponent activate a quick claw and have him KO you before you KO him. Just a personal preference.

Years
    You need to have the Snorlax hold a Full Incense while breeding in order to breed for a Munchlax.

EDIT: To get a Full Incense, you need to use Rock Climb in Veilstone city. It is the Poke Ball that is there.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    irishcharizard

You can find a Full Incense in Veilstone. There's a wall in the middle of the city, so use Rock Climb to get it.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
    Auto-leveling to lv. 100 only works on wi-fi. If that's a possible option, then use that, because Rare Candies reduce the Pokemon's stats last time I checked. I also suggest using the hax items clause which rules out the use of items such as quick claw, bright powder, king's rock, etc, in addition to what Ikwaylx suggested. It's not cool to be 1 move away from victory only to have your opponent activate a quick claw and have him KO you before you KO him. Just a personal preference.

k sounds good but we dont want to use the hax stats because hold items aren't gonna be allowed (forgot to add that) also rare candies don't lower ur stats they jst dont provide any EV stats which if uve trained ur pokemon 30 lvls dont matter anymore. and evn then, if u rare candy a pokemon up to lvl 100 u can simply give them the stat increasers (which will bring them up to about 3/4ths efficiency) as for the sleep/ evasion clause, well as much as that would suck and be cheep. that is a legit strategy but to avoid hopless situations like that is the reason we are makin it a double battle tournament wit ppl teaming up. which is why we buyin two platinums instead of one.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Power Anklet Trouble

i am having this issue on my Diamond trying to EV trainmy Tirantar for Speed. but the Power Anklet on him isn't working. He's only getting 1 or 2 points added to speed every level. his EV's aren't maxed out. and his speed is already really low.

could anybody shed some light on the situation.

Years
    that happens to me once in a while..im ev tranning and BAM!next thing i know my poke got no eves in one stat so i just remove the item.save...close then open the game and add item and ev train again and the it works :P so just try that!

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    i am having this issue on my Diamond trying to EV trainmy Tirantar for Speed. but the Power Anklet on him isn't working. He's only getting 1 or 2 points added to speed every level. his EV's aren't maxed out. and his speed is already really low.

could anybody shed some light on the situation.

I don't think EV training works like that. You're still gaining the EVs. They'll show eventually as your level up your Tyranitar more.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back