• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudra

IV breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2013
    I'm trying to get a torkoal with the pokeradar on route 227 but having no luck.
    Any tips?
    From my personal experience, if the pokemon is a pokeradar only find, it is easiest to find one in patches with the gold lines that appear above them.

Years
    I just finished EV training my Lv.16 Ralts with 252 for HP and when I leveled it up it said +8, will that number increase at all when I'm leveling up?

To answer your question (if I think I know the question), I'll use another example, because the situation you described to me wouldn't clearly explain to you the concept. For this example, I'll be using Porygon-Z

Normally, if I just raise a Porygon-Z normally, without paying attention to EVs I give it, its sp. atk stat will usually go up by +2 or +3. However, if gave it 252 EVs in sp. atk, then the stat boosts for sp. atk when it levels up will usually be around +3 or +4. A difference so small you won't even notice until you're at level 100. (Or on wi-fi's autolevel feature if you're lazy which we all are :P). This situation was assuming that I was done EV training by like around lv. 8 or so. If I had started EV training at lv. 15 and somehow managed to fit all 252 sp. atk EVs before lv. 16, then the initial stat boost would be something like +8 or +9 like in the situation you described but will go back to the usual +3 +4 afterwards. Another way one can look at this is if it started EV training at lv. 99 and gained 252 EVs sp. atk, its sp. atk stat will increase by about +66. However, the stat at level 100 will always be the same regardless of what level the EV training was started. (That is, if you don't take IVs into account). Sorry if this is hard to understand. It's one in the morning here and I can't exactly think in a way to explain things easy.

<(^^)>

Beginning Breeder
    Years
    To answer your question (if I think I know the question), I'll use another example, because the situation you described to me wouldn't clearly explain to you the concept. For this example, I'll be using Porygon-Z

Normally, if I just raise a Porygon-Z normally, without paying attention to EVs I give it, its sp. atk stat will usually go up by +2 or +3. However, if gave it 252 EVs in sp. atk, then the stat boosts for sp. atk when it levels up will usually be around +3 or +4. A difference so small you won't even notice until you're at level 100. (Or on wi-fi's autolevel feature if you're lazy which we all are :P). This situation was assuming that I was done EV training by like around lv. 8 or so. If I had started EV training at lv. 15 and somehow managed to fit all 252 sp. atk EVs before lv. 16, then the initial stat boost would be something like +8 or +9 like in the situation you described but will go back to the usual +3 +4 afterwards. Another way one can look at this is if it started EV training at lv. 99 and gained 252 EVs sp. atk, its sp. atk stat will increase by about +66. However, the stat at level 100 will always be the same regardless of what level the EV training was started. (That is, if you don't take IVs into account). Sorry if this is hard to understand. It's one in the morning here and I can't exactly think in a way to explain things easy.

No that explained it perfectly exact answer I was looking for, thank you.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    On Smogon.com some movesets includefor example Hidden Power Electric, what does that mean?

Hidden Power's typing changes depending on a Pokemon's Individual Values, or IVs. What that means is that some movesets require a certain type of Hidden Power, which requires a certain setup of IVs.

Years
    What Are EVs/IVS and what is EV/IV training?

I hear them so much on this site and i really want to know what they are D: help?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back