• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I don't know if any one in this thred can anser my question, but here it is.

I just finished my regonal pokedex and I don't see myself finishing the national any time soon. how long did it take you?????

Mine will be completed hopefully tomorrow, and I'm actually getting every pokemon and having it in my boxes, eg: My first box as these: Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venasaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, etc. So it might not take as long as it has taken me. BTW: I started on May 24, 2008, I think.

I have already gotten Pokemon Diamond, and I need to trade some Pokemon to my new Pokemon Pearl so that they evolve. The Pokemon are: Gengar, Politoad, Scizor, Kingdra, Porygon 2, and Gorebyss. I need to know if I can trade these to my Pearl, and then trade back, because I don't even have one badge yet.

Last edited:

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    Thank you all so much now I can egg move breed my lucario when my female riolu evolve... I wonder how much happiness it has...

Milotic_King

Beauty redefined
    Years
    Why are you guys getting all technical and stuff? Here's how I got my Lucario.

I had seven of the eight badges, and had an egg containing something. I never bothered to check what it was. I then figured out 'omg lucario ownz i want one' So I looked up how to get one. Turns out, the egg had a Riolu in it! So I hatched it and gave it an exp share. By the mid 40's, it had evolved! I didn't even know it had to have high friendship, I though I read somewhere it needed level 42...but I accidentally made it level up enough to raise it's happiness to evolution level. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    Is it from Kanto or Hoenn? If its from Hoenn, its hacked.

And how would it be hacked if it was from Hoenn? :/
    The Aurora Ticket was available to English Emerald version players.

Btw, Darkrai, you're going to need to give more information than that if you want a more thorough check :-)

.Vaporeon

eshkient
    Years
    Mine will be completed hopefully tomorrow, and I'm actually getting every pokemon and having it in my boxes, eg: My first box as these: Bulbasaur, Ivysaur, Venasaur, Charmander, Charmeleon, etc. So it might not take as long as it has taken me. BTW: I started on May 24, 2008, I think.

I have already gotten Pokemon Diamond, and I need to trade some Pokemon to my new Pokemon Pearl so that they evolve. The Pokemon are: Gengar, Politoad, Scizor, Kingdra, Porygon 2, and Gorebyss. I need to know if I can trade these to my Pearl, and then trade back, because I don't even have one badge yet.

You have to defeat the 1st gym leader to trade.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    You only need to beat the first gym leader if you are planning to trade using WiFi. Regular trading does not require the defeat of the first gym leader.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    And how would it be hacked if it was from Hoenn? :/
    The Aurora Ticket was available to English Emerald version players.

My mistake. I read a while ago that the Pokemon Rocks America Event only happened when FR LG was out but not Emerald. I checked the dates for the event and Emerald was indeed out when the event occured.

D-puff

Wooper Expert
    Years
    I just have a couple questions that have been bugging me.

1. I know pokerus doubles Evs. But when your using a power item, how does it do the math? Assuming I took out something giving 1 attack ev, do i get 6 or 10? If you have pokerus, would it be easier just to train with the macho brace?

2. With the ability guts/quickfeet, does it increase attack/speed for the whole round, just while the pokemon is out, or just while the pokemon has status?

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I always get confused about the 'Rus so I'll have to pass on that one. As for guts/quickfeet, it is in effet as long as the poke has the status.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Pokerus takes effect after the items. So for the Power Items, it looks like:

(EV + 4) x 2

10 EVs from a Pokemon that normally gives 1. Pretty nice. :D

D-puff

Wooper Expert
    Years
    I always get confused about the 'Rus so I'll have to pass on that one. As for guts/quickfeet, it is in effet as long as the poke has the status.
    Ah, thats what I thought. Just wanted to make sure before i made a moveset.

Pokerus takes effect after the items. So for the Power Items, it looks like:

(EV + 4) x 2

10 EVs from a Pokemon that normally gives 1. Pretty nice. :D
    hah, that should speed things up a lot. I guess ill go infect everything im about to train! =D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back