• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Turning the clock forward usually mucks up the game and makes you wait 24 hours for the game to adjust its self, I once tried it with Drifbloom event and it mucked everything up.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    It also doesn't work in Eterna Forest, even though that's outdoors too.

It also doesn't work in Eterna Forest, even though it's technically "outdoors".

Last edited by a moderator:

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Another reason could be that the trainers there have high levelled pokemon. You could abuse that by easily gaining levels before the Elite Four. Imagine versing someone with say....2 Golems and 2 Steelix level 53. An Infernape with Lucky Egg using Close Combat/Flamethrower would level up to high heaven...

~T_S

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    quick question, if you are battling online with a smergle and you use sketch, will it keep that move when u get out of the battle, or does it gain sketch again?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Changes on WiFi battles are not kept after the battle. If you want Smeargle to keep a Sketched move, you'll need to do a Double Battle in-game.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    EV's are gained through defeating Pokemon explained here

Pokemon are born with IVs so you have to breed for good ones explained here

There's also an FAQ about this somewhere but i'm not sure where.

What's the difference between Soft Resetting and actually searching in the same place for a shiny? I know that Soft Resetting is for trying to get a shiny that you can't normally find in grass or water but isn't a longer version of going into grass and looking for a shiny?

I heard that the average time for SRing for a shiny is 7-8 hours. So if some people have gone years playing Pokemon and haven't encountered a shiny, couldn't it also take years before you can SR for a shiny?

Last edited by a moderator:

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    What's the difference between Soft Resetting and actually searching in the same place for a shiny? I know that Soft Resetting is for trying to get a shiny that you can't normally find in grass or water but isn't a longer version of going into grass and looking for a shiny?

They're pretty much the same thing. Unless the person searching in the grass is chaining.

I heard that the average time for SRing for a shiny is 7-8 hours. So if some people have gone years playing Pokemon and haven't encountered a shiny, couldn't it also take years before you can SR for a shiny?

I'd like to meet the person who finds shinies at an average rate of 7-8 hours and punch him in the face. I've only seen one shiny in my life, and I've soft-resetted many, many times, for many different Pokemon. Trust me, for a shiny, it's an average of at least a month or two. Come on, there's a 1/8192 chance of finding a shiny. You're not gonna find it in 7-8 hours.

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    I'd like to meet the person who finds shinies at an average rate of 7-8 hours and punch him in the face.

Take a quick glance at HalcyonXIII's sig. *shudders*

I've always chained for my shinies so I was starting to consider Soft resetting for the Hoenn starters. But since the chances don't change, i'll stick to chaining. Thanks.

Kit-Tsukasa

Shiny Mew and Espeon Lover
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Question on Korean Pokemon and NOK pokemon:

People keep saying Korean games can't trade with other game packs. How does anyone prove this? You can easily say it doesn't work and that spreads like wildfire. BUT WHERE IS THE PROOF! A video would even be nice (and don't show one trying to connect one via nintendo wifi because that isn't reliable at all. SHOW IT VIA UNION ROOM!)
    On the Nintendo of Korea Site, I THINK saw an image of one Korean game trading to a Japanese game via Wi-fi, not Union Room (They look like Japanese Kanji characters since I know Japanese Kanji and Chinese characters share similarity and very fluent in Chinese). In that case, doesn't that prove the trading between different language packs is possible?
    Although a US one may not be able to trade directly to a Korean one, it can first be traded to a Japanese cartridge, and then to a US cartridge.

I REALLY WANT SOME ANSWERS!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back