• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    hi
    q : whats the best eevee nature ?
    q2 : whats the best Growlithe nature ?

Depends on what you're going to do with them. You could use any of Jolly, Impish, Bold, or Timid on Eevee (among others) depending on how you plan on raising it.

Stop Messing Up My Files Porygon-Z!

The shadow of Mismagius
    Years
  • It doesnt really matter in-game. DP is aimed at ages 3+ and has AI to match, so pick your favorite. Statistically, infernape hits more gym leaders/E4 members for SE damage with his stab moves, and is the highest-placed of the three in competetive play

The "competitive play" thing doesn't matter because it's impossible to EV train in story mode. Anyway, with GTS you can get them all.

Please help!! I really need to find out why I can't give gifts anymore (Before, I could)

Because apparently your friend DOESN'T WANT TO!!!!!

Last edited:

EagleKIng

Jolteon PWNS
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    I have a Q!
    Will I be able to defeat the E4 with these pokemon?
    Emopleon :LV:52,Moves Dig,Flash Cannon,Drill Peck,BRine
    Dialga :LV:62. Moves:Roar Of Time,Earth Power,DRagon Pulse,Dragon Claw.
    Crobat:LV:50,MOVES:Fly,Bite,Poison Fang,Defog.
    Bibarel:LV:22. MOVES:Surf,Rock Climb,Strength,Waterfall.
    Drifloon:LV:26,MOVES:Thunder,Charge Beam,Payback,Gust

Thank You,
    EagleKing

Last edited:

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    The "competitive play" thing doesn't matter because it's impossible to EV train in story mode. Anyway, with GTS you can get them all.

No it isn't, there are several areas early on where you can stay and battle a single pokemon. I myself stayed and battled a few dozen starlys for a load of speed EVs, allowing me to outspeed my rival's faster chimchar. Not that I needed to, I just felt a sense of satisfaction for having my turtwig outspeed that stupid monkey, but it's certainly not impossible.

Years
  • Help with Pokémon Super Contest.

I am playing "Pokémon Pearl" and I doing the Pokémon Super Contest and I can't decide what Pokémon to use for the Cute Contest ,what Natures he need and what attacks I need to give to the Pokémon for the Super Contest.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    It also serves as a 'display case' for your battle frontier badges once you get that far in the game. You can record the battles and watch them from your battle recorder. ;]

KJ

Focus!
    Years
  • i have a question for when i get the game in a couple weeks cuz i keep reading two different things, how do you get the pal pad? ive read you can go to any pokecenter and go downstairs and then ive read you gotta be the first gym leader then go down to any pokecenter? so what one is it? and when you get your pal pad does that get you your friend code?

Last edited:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • i have a question for when i get the game in a couple weeks cuz i keep reading two different things, how do you get the pal pad? ive read you can go to any pokecenter and go downstairs and then ive read you gotta be the first gym leader then go down to any pokecenter? so what one is it? and when you get your pal pad does that get you your friend code?

ok, to gain access to the PC downstairs you must reach Oreburgh city first, however it doesn't matter which centre you go downstairs first in, if it's your first time going down their you will still get the pal pad automatically. just like the first time you access WiFi and you have the Pal Pad you get assigned your friend code. (your friend code changes if you access WiFi from the same card on a different DS than when you first accessed WiFi.)

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2008
    Alright. I am at my wit's end with my Pokemon Diamond.
    I have an R4 and a Diamond rom. Just putting that out there because I'm not sure if it has anything to do with this problem or not.
    I'm more of an old-school pokemon kind of girl. So a lot of this stuff is new to me. However, I can't figure out why I can't catch any new pokemon.
    I'm wandering around routes 214 and 215- and the only two pokemon I have encountered with at least 40 minutes of walking in tall grass is Geodude and Ponyta. On a very rare occasion I'll run into a Stunky. Very. Rarely. There are at least 3 more pokemon that are "supposed" show up in those areas- but I've yet to see even one of them. It doesn't matter what time of day I go out, it's always Geodude and freaking Ponyta!
    So, my question untimately is... is this normal? Is there really that much of a lack of variety between the different routes? I've gone down to the lakefront, backtracked to route 210- and still the same two pokemon.
    Help?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back