• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    but i thought that with exp share, pokemon got only half of the evs gained?

Nope, that's just EXP. Of course, if one of them has something to influence the number of EVs it receives, like Pokerus, then that's a different story...

What pokemon is the best for defence/special defence EV point training. And it has to be a place where it comes out a lot.

Geodude inside a random cave for Defense and Tentacool on a random water route for Special Defense if you're looking for somewhere that the target Pokemon is easily found.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • To spread the PKRS, simply put the infected Pokémon in your party, also place the Pokémon you want to infect in your party, and go battle a lot (wild Pokémon battles are recommended). Like Ichaste above said, it doesn't matter how much you fight. Eventually, your uninfected pokémon will get the PokéRus.

Years
  • Any negative effects on Pokerus? Cause All I've heard is positive effects

There is no negative effects for Pokerus except for the fact that it goes away after 48 hours. You can still get the EV Bonus even after you Pokemon is cured from Pokerus but you can't spread it. That can easily be fixed by having a good amount of infected Pokemon stored in a box where Pokerus won't go away.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
    Years
  • I have a question:

When you battle a trainer by means of VS. Seeker, are their Pokemon the same Pokemon as before or are they made by the RNG every time you encounter them?

Because I was going to take a break from trying to hatch a shiny Magikarp and train 2 Pokemon of mine but only battle trainers for the EVs.
    Would this affect trying to obtain a shiny Magikarp at all?

Hopefully I can get a solid answer soon. Until then I'll be hatching, waiting, always..

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • When you battle a trainer by means of VS. Seeker, are their Pokemon the same Pokemon as before or are they made by the RNG every time you encounter them?

The trainers' Pokemon will always be the same as before. I believe the only difference is that their Pokemon may be at a higher level the next time you battle them.

DDD'SSCEPTILE said:
    Because I was going to take a break from trying to hatch a shiny Magikarp and train 2 Pokemon of mine but only battle trainers for the EVs.
    Would this affect trying to obtain a shiny Magikarp at all?

Nope, the chances of hatching your Shiny Magikarp will not be affected.

Good luck with hatching your Shiny Magikarp.

Years
  • I tried catching a swarm beldum all day with no success. At which point, I decided to change my DS time forward so that I could catch it on a dusk ball with a greater chance of success. It worked.
    Now I'm wondering, will the game freak out or anything if I set the time back to the correct time again? I don't want to mess anything up. Does anyone know?
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone?

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
  • I tried catching a swarm beldum all day with no success. At which point, I decided to change my DS time forward so that I could catch it on a dusk ball with a greater chance of success. It worked.
    Now I'm wondering, will the game freak out or anything if I set the time back to the correct time again? I don't want to mess anything up. Does anyone know?
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone?

You should be okay to change time back. The only thing that you wouldn't be able to is Migrate for 24 hours. But your swarm and other daily events should remain the same.

EDIT: Also, I'm assuming you moved time ahead to night right? If you moved it ahead more than 1 day and then moved time back one day, every daily event will revert back to the first day.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back