• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Diamond / Pearl Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    When an egg hatches it obtains the OT of the one it was with when it hatches. kind of like when a baby in a movie hatches and looks at the first one it sees and says Mama!
    Yes I know, but if my name is Eric in both games then it will LOOK like it was from platinum right?
    And will it listen to me?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • If I hatch a pokemon in my diamond game and then trade it over to my Platinum game when it comes out, will it look like the pokemon was caught by me if MY names are the same in both games?
    OTs and IDs are unknown before an egg is hatched, so if you trade it over to Platinum it should look like you originally obtained it in Platinum and will have all the details of the Platinum character. However, if you send it over after you hatch a Pokemon, your OT and ID will be the same as your Diamond version's character. Seeing as how your OT is the same on both versions, only your trainer ID of the caught Pokemon will be changed.

Before hatching -> Platinum ID
    After hatching -> Diamond ID

You're forgetting about ID no. Yes, it will listen to you fine.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    OTs and IDs are unknown before an egg is hatched, so if you trade it over to Platinum it should look like you originally obtained it in Platinum and will have all the details of the Platinum character. However, if you send it over after you hatch a Pokemon, your OT and ID will be the same as your Diamond version's character. Seeing as how your OT is the same on both versions, only your trainer ID of the caught Pokemon will be changed.

Before hatching -> Platinum ID
    After hatching -> Diamond ID

You're forgetting about ID no. Yes, it will listen to you fine.

Oh! Okay, thank you very much!
    So, it will look exactly like all my pokemon that were caught in platinum except the ID will be different, right? Will any text colors change?

bubbles101

NUMBER 1 KITTY FAN (& POKEMON)
    Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2009
    Battle tower, a couple of questions.

Hi!
    I am stuck at the battle tower. Do you have to finish the battle tower to unlock the rest of the island? And if you do, how do you finish the battle tower?
    Thanks, bubble101

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    No battle tower is not related to the rest of the island and you just win battles to beat it and u only gain BP. You must get the national dex to get to the rest of the island.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2009
    If you have fought every trainer in the game so far you will have completed the pokedex. Then go to P. Rowan and get the nationaldex then you will be able to go around the island freely.

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Did you try to release it? XD;

I didn't even know there was a MissingNo. in the game. :B Well, that's what hacking does to your game.

AceTrainerLandon

Shiny Ace
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Apr 12, 2010
    is it safe to level up my pokemon normally after IM POSITIVE that my ev training is done? (i have the effort ribbon so my 510 evs are filled)

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2017
    is it safe to level up my pokemon normally after IM POSITIVE that my ev training is done? (i have the effort ribbon so my 510 evs are filled)

If you are positive, then of course it is. It will not gain any more EVs after the full 510, so there is no worry of messing up it's EV spread.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • If the Tyrogue has Guts, it will evolve into a Hitmontop with Intimidate.
    If the Tyrogue has Steadfast, it will evolve into a Hitmontop with Technician.

lol censors, by the way. XD

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    Can you breed Blaziken / any of it's evo's with something in it's egg group that knows thunder punch, so the egg will have thunder punch (egg moving) or do you need a tutor?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Can you breed Blaziken / any of it's evo's with something in it's egg group that knows thunder punch, so the egg will have thunder punch (egg moving) or do you need a tutor?
    Blaziken doesn't have Thunderpunch available as an Egg Move, so it has to learn it from a Move Tutor. However, the only way for Blaziken to learn Thunderpunch is to visit the Move Tutor in Platinum or Emerald. :D

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    Oh man, I wanted to breed one with my Chimchar so it gets Blaze Kick + T-Punch, do you have Emerald/Plat? I need to find someone with one of them, I got an Infernape with T-Punch and F-Punch, I'm a decent egg mover.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Wait, you want Thunderpunch and Blaze Kick on your Chimchar? o3o

Well, all you need then is a female Chimchar / Monferno / Infernape and another Pokemon in the same egg group that knows Blaze Kick and Thunderpunch. Hitmonlee, Blaziken, etc.

Years
  • in many posts, i've read about hacked games/pokemon/stuff....what does it meen? like an R4 thingy and how do you know its hacked?...

i'm kinda new in these stuff and wouldnt want to be stuck with one

*edit*
    also...many of the battle rules there was "clause"...does that meen its not permitted

thx

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Could someone tell me the basics of Wi-fi battling, or tell me where to ask this question, or give a me a link to a website that will tell me this...

If i should post this somewhere else please give me a link to the section of the site
    Thanks,
    Rizyq

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • many of the battle rules there was "clause"...does that meen its not permitted

thx
    Clause can mean something's permitted or isn't permitted, but you have to understand what the clause really is. These are some of the more common ones:

Evasion Clause - This clause prohibits the use of any moves solely used to alter a Pokemon's accuracy or evasion. This means that all moves like Double Team and Sand-Attack will be banned. However, if an offensive move has a side effect of tampering with the opponent's accuracy / evasion, then it may still be used (e.g. Mud Slap is still allowed).
    Freeze Clause - This clause prohibits when two or more Pokemon are frozen at once on the same team. Please note, that if a frozen Pokemon faints when it was frozen, you are able to freeze another Pokemon.
    Sleep Clause - Similar to the Freeze Clause, the Sleep Clause prohibits when two or more Pokemon on the same team are frozen at the same time. Please note, that if a sleeping Pokemon faints when it was sleeping, you are able to induce sleep to another Pokemon. Note, that if the user induces sleep to itself (such as using Rest), it does NOT count as a true sleeping Pokemon, thus making it possible to have more than one Pokemon asleep on the same team at the same time.
    Species Clause - Though rarely violated, this clause prohibits the use of two or more Pokemon of the same species to be put on the same team. For example, when this clause is in effect, two Garchomps are not allowed to be on the same team.<br>
    Items Clause - This clause prohibits when two or more Pokemon are holding the same exact item on the same team. This excludes the use of Trick, Thief, Covet, Recycle, or any other moves that deal with the altering of one's held item.
    Selfdestruct Clause: If the Pokemon is the last Pokemon on the team alive, it can not use selfdestruct or explosion.
    Santa Clause: Guess. XD -shot-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back