• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did anyone get caught off guard when they had you choose nickname?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    It definitely caught me off-guard! I just used my name again, which caused some odd dialog every so often ("Wait up, Niki! ...I mean, Niki"). I like being called by my own name in games with silent protagonists, so it was a little odd "picking a nickname" for me (I didn't want to be called "Niki-chan" by them, ha ha). I understand that this feature works much better in Japanese, but I still wish there was an option to not have nicknames.

Years
    It definitely surprised me because it was something completely new to Pokemon; however, it didn't take me long to come up with nicks because I already had nicks for the names I chose~ (None of them were silly or super creative, I'm sad to say.)

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    since I named my character After Apollo Justice in Ace Attorney series... My nickname was Polly... Apollo's nickname according to Trucy.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    I loved seeing E-Kins offered.

I was all,

Did anyone get caught off guard when they had you choose nickname?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Not surprised as much as annoyed. A completely unnecessary game mechanic that made the rivals (aka the Four Stooges) even more infuriatingly annoying.

In Y I typed in "Queen Lisa" because might as well make those fools address me like I'm royalty.

In X I went with "HR-S5912U" just to troll them. (That's the model number of the VCR I own, which still works perfectly nearly 10 years later, thank you very much.)

Years
    It certainly was not something I expected, i'll say that. :P Although it was kinda fun giving your character a nickname of their very own, even if it doesn't play much of a role except with characters I feel aren't very relevant.

Lihtal

Castle Guard
    Years
    Caught me off guard, had to improvise, Nickname? Why not a self-proclaimed title? All thee shall now call me Lord Zagui. It was too much fun. ¨Lord Zagui Let´s battle¨ To which i replied: You shall battle with me simple mortal.

Back