• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did House make a Pokemon reference?

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    I watched an episode of House recently. (I forgot the title, it had "paranoid" in it) House was talking about the universe and said something like "That's why Arceus made this universe with...(insert science here)" A docter was confused and said "Arceus?" To which House replied "Look it up."

Arceus is even spelled and pronounced the same. (Actually, I don't know how the anime pronounces it but I think the official pronunceation is arseeus not arkeus.)

Anyways, I Googled Arceus and all the results were about the Pokemon Arceus. House said to look it up, and the results were about the Pokemon. I'm pretty sure this all points to a confirmed Pokemon reference on House, but I could still be wrong.

Does anyone know if something called Arceus besides the Pokemon exists? Has anyone else seen this scene? Opinions?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Yeah, he did make a reference to it.

Magica

Miss Magic
    Years
    Haven't watched the newest seasons of House...
    but

THAT JUST MADE MY DAY

I love you Hugh Laurie <3

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    I never knew that's how it was pronounced, I always say ARK-E-US not ARSE-E-US. Anyway on topic that is funny because the doctors all like serious about poisioning and House just brings up Pokemon.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Hahaha I was watching this on Hulu and had to rewind when I heard it :P

I never knew that's how it was pronounced, I always say ARK-E-US not ARSE-E-US.

I think it's Ar-See-Us and that the dub just messed it up. The Transliteration from Japanese to Chinese has it pronounced as Ah-Er-Zhou-Si. Don't really hear a "k" sound in there haha

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I never watched House before but I might cause it seems fun. And I find it pretty cool that they mentioned Arceus XD

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    I KNEW it! People doubted me so I needed confirmation and now that I know it's true, I have even more respect for House! Even though I hate Arceus, that was the greatest reference in House I've ever seen.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I've never seen House before, that's just awesome. XD;

I used to pronounce it as, "are-see-us" but when the movie premiered, I started pronouncing it as, "are-key-us"

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Wow, it makes me want to watch House again now. Thats pretty cool I suppose. Maybe the producer loves Pokemon and he was just waiting for the time is right to put a Pokemon reference into the script.

:t354:TG

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    (Psst, it's probably just one of the writers rather than Laurie who inserted the reference. :P But for what it's worth, I thought it was awesome too.)
    I never knew that's how it was pronounced, I always say ARK-E-US not ARSE-E-US. Anyway on topic that is funny because the doctors all like serious about poisioning and House just brings up Pokemon.
    I think it's Ar-See-Us and that the dub just messed it up. The Transliteration from Japanese to Chinese has it pronounced as Ah-Er-Zhou-Si. Don't really hear a "k" sound in there haha
    In Japanese, the pronunciation is essentially "are-seh-oos", sort of rhyming with deus (which make sense, right? A god and all). So it's not supposed to be a hard C, but the English dub of the 12th movie used the pronunciation "ark-ay-uss". In the end it sort of just comes down to personal preference, I guess. :P I've always said it the way House said it.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    When I saw that, I was so happy. Never again will I doubt the supreme awesomeness of Dr. House.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I don't watch House, but that scene made my night when it was aired. xD I go everywhere now using that line out of random. :P

Silence Rewritten

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    Oh, yeah! I loved that. Hugh Laurie actually said in an interview, "it was funny they included that, I actually just bought Pokémon Black a few days ago."

Back