• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did you catch this Region Bird Pokemon?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Most of the time I catch the region's bird Pokémon end up taking it with me to the Pokémon League.

Pidgeot, Swellow, Unfezant... they all proved to be very strong members of my team. I loved how fast Swellow was. And Unfezant turned out to be quite good. : D The only thing that I found annoying was that the bird Pokémon came so late in Black. |D
    I ended up catching/training a Hoothoot in Jotho once, since I tend to play during the evening... but Pidgey is better. õ_õ

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
    Years
    in Black my friend gave me a ruflet from White and I raised it into a Braivery, i used pidove while i was training ruflet up, but once it got strong i boxed unfeznet.

Years
    I always catch a Starly when I play in Sinnoh.

In Unova I did use a Pidove throughout the game (one with Super Luck) until I got an Archen.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    I always did until Unfezant lmao Pidgeot was always my favorite I really wish he wasnt so bad

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I always catch them, well except Pidove, because of Unfezant's lousy design.

Braviary has replaced Unfezant in my mind of birds that represent Unova.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Well considering Flying types are my favourite I always catch and train them from the beginning in my team, Pidgey, Taillow, Starly, Pidove.

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I generally catch them because of their availability at the beginning of the game, and also because I always select the Water type starter, so I sort of am in a need for a Pokemon to check Grass type Pokemon (though at the same time having two Pokemon weak to Electric isn't good haha :P). Later on in the game they are unfortunately replaced by Pokemon with better movepool, or essentially because I feel like a change. :)

Pidgey -> Dragonite
    Hoothoot -> Dragonite (again xD)
    Taillow -> Salamence
    Starly -> Togekiss
    Pidove -> Braviary

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    Yes, in every games I catch the Region Bird Pokémon ...
    Actually I often use Fly, so if I don't have a bird Pokémon in my "official team", that means that each time I wanna go in another city I have to deposit a Pokémon and withdraw a flying type in the Pokécenter... Meh. That would quickly become annoying.

Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2014
    I used Starly in Platinum (right now, a Staraptor) and Pidove in White (right now, a Tranquill, was supposed to be a part of my team, but changed with Duosion. Tranquill is used to Fly).

Silence Rewritten

Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    Flying-types are vital to my team every time, so I catch them as early as possible. Most of the time, such as with Starly in Platinum and Pidgey in Red, as soon as I catch them I'll just run around with them until they evolve, and get them right up to level 19 before I fight the first gym. I love bird Pokémon. I have to say, Taillow and Swellow were always my favourites.

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
    Years
    I will always have a Pidgeot by the end of Gold or FireRed. Pidgey was my first catch! I still remember it. I was leaving New Bark Town after the Rival fight, and I come across a birdy. So I use Tackle twice, and it's almost dead. And, coz I'm not mean, I catch it!

It was my favourite Pokemon of the game, until I headbutted my way to my Aipom, who is now level 100 and easily able to defeat the elite 4 by himself.

CapricornPsyche

Psychic Trainer of Capricorn
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NY
    • Seen Oct 11, 2012
    The one I use to fly in B&W currently is a majestic Braviary... Seriously, I love that Egale pokemon <3 I always prefer Rufflet and it's evolution: Braviary over Pidove and it's evolutions any day...

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    I catch bird Pokémon when I first time encounter it because I know I'm going to use it on later game - in every generation. Bird Pokémon are also pretty fast and they are good Pokémon to battle with.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    The only one I HAVEN'T used would be Pidove. mainly because of it's stats. If its movepool were more focused on physical attacks, that would be great, or, keep the movepool, and just make it's special attack higher; a lot higher. It'd be great, then.

Years
    While I do capture and train up a Bird Pokémon so that I can use it as a HM Fly slave, I never kept one on my main fighting team. I try and not keep anything with HMs on my main fighting team for some reason, just never liked it.

GibbyGibson

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
    I had a shiny jolly staraptor in my Platnium run, very lucky to have.

It had a good move set
    Close Combat, Brave Bird, Fly, and Return.

Back