• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Did you choose the same starter for BW and BW2?

NearAutomas

Acoustic Wonderbag
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 6, 2022
I would typically use the starter I like the most in Pokemon games, even replays of the same one. Not in fan games and ROMhacks, however, in those with starters that are canonical ingame (like Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, etc.)- is the only time I find myself picking a different starter other than the one I use most often.

Not sure why I do this.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
Pretty certain I picked Oshawott both times. IIRC, in Black 2, I got a female and tried to avoid evolving her into Samurott, though I finally gave in for the Champion battle. Seems like I might've chose Snivy once when I restarted a file, but I'm not sure.

Years
Unfortunately the Unovan starters just never did it for me. After the awesome batch we got for Sinnoh, it felt like a huge step down to get a third Fire/Fighting starter (that was bulkier but far slower than its predecessors) and mono-type Water and Grass starters. All around, they were just lacking.
That said, I went with Tepig in White, and I also chose it in White 2, but boxed it after catching a Riolu, and proceeded through the game with Riolu as my starter. I already knew I didn't really like any of them - I just wanted Hugh to have a Samurott.

Years
I remember picking up Tepig in BW. It was a blind playthrough, so I had no idea it would become Fire/Fighting, but I liked it despite that. During the game, I felt it love with Cheren's Dewott. So I picked Oshawott in B2W2. I never evolved it past Dewoot, because Samurott's design is pretty meh.

agravedigger

Fossil Maniac
Years
actually not! snivy is my top Unovan pick, but I wanted to create some variety to not get almost equal teams so osha is my sequel choice. will use in Legends too because samurott is a very cool 'mon!

Back