• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you do something dumb?

Years
  • What did you do that was dumb?

I'm guessing there are plenty of things that you can do in Pokemon that are just dumb.
    Like, make a mistake on something.
    One of the first most dumbest things I have ever done in my Pokemon LIFE...
    Trade a Bagon in Wonder Trade.... WITH AN LUCKY EGG I was having it hold for the EXP... D: Why would I do that? >.> I wouldn't trade the Lucky Egg ever, some person just got lucky with me not thinking straight/just waking up in the morning... I forgot to check Bagon to see if it was holding anything, it was in my party >.<<

Anyways, this thread here is about what you've done dumb.
    Share to everyone what you have done XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I was GTS trading legendary pokemon (Swapping Zapdos and Xerneas back and forth until I got either a Modest Zapdos or a Lonely Xerneas but I was getting everything but) and I got bored so I started doing wonder trades with caught pokemon to rack up some more Pokemiles. then I went to go start dinner, and when I got back I went back and selected my Xerneas to GTS again... except that I was unknowingly still in the Wonder Trade section! (I had forgetting and thought I was still GTS trading) anyway, that yellow screen came up and I knew right away what happened, so I shut of the wifi immediately with the switch, the light wasn't going out fast enough so I simply shut the 3DS off altogether. Sadly when I turned back on my Xerneas was gone and some dumb Emolga was where it was in my PC.

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
  • i didn't use quickguard in a tournament match against a sableye and got eliminated because of this blunder

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    At the beginning of the game, I started off with very few Poké Balls. Due to that, when I encountered a shiny Litleo, I failed to capture it; they all ran out. :( Thankfully, though, I managed to find myself another of these shiny Litleo later on, which sort of made up for it. Other than this, don't think I've made any other mistakes, haha.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I made the very dumb mistake one day of forgetting that Pokemon games dont have Autosave xD
    When i turned it back on i was surprised as to why progress was gone...until it dawned on me

AZ Jr

There is a fine line between fishing and just stan
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 9, 2014
    Caught Xerneas with the Master Ball. On my first play through of X, I decided that ALL 6th Generation media released was off limits until I finished the game (I got X for Christmas, so I was a bit late). I did not know how low the catch rate was, so, standard legendary catching procedure. Master Ball! After I defeated the E4, I looked online, and I hated myself for about a month. I ended up having to battle Mewtwo six times to catch him. Or, to put it into perspective, six E4 runs. It was tedious, and I ended up hating Xerneas. But, once Mewtwo was caught, Xerneas was forgiven, but still banished to the box. I ended up Wonder Trading for an Italian Level 100 Mewtwo, so, ending on a good note at least.

Years
  • I ALMOST did something really stupid. I was breeding for an Inkay with good IVs. I wasn't even trying to get a shiny one, but I did--and I didn't even notice. That is, until I was about to send it away through Wonder Trade! When I noticed the Inkay had a different color scheme than usual, I immediately turned off my 3DS! Thank Arceus I caught it before it was traded; it came in pretty handy later on for a much needed trade.

@Howmander: Sorry about that dude :(

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I wasn't really paying attention and I had a team of almost all one type of Pokemon.
    Major bummer later on.

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • Caught Xerneas with the Master Ball. On my first play through of X, I decided that ALL 6th Generation media released was off limits until I finished the game (I got X for Christmas, so I was a bit late). I did not know how low the catch rate was, so, standard legendary catching procedure. Master Ball! After I defeated the E4, I looked online, and I hated myself for about a month. I ended up having to battle Mewtwo six times to catch him. Or, to put it into perspective, six E4 runs. It was tedious, and I ended up hating Xerneas. But, once Mewtwo was caught, Xerneas was forgiven, but still banished to the box. I ended up Wonder Trading for an Italian Level 100 Mewtwo, so, ending on a good note at least.

I did that too :( Did not realize that you can re battle the legendary so I used my masterball. After battling Mewtwo and Moltres I realized that I like the challange and wished that there were more legendary's to catch :(

Years
  • Somehthing dumb? Paying over 1700 pokebucks to get to a store that was just one street away...I had searched for it for minutes and didnt realize it was so close -.-'.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I guess it didn't matter in the end, it was just a waste of time, but I was hatching eggs and actually got a Rotom with the IVs I was looking for, but I accidentally released my lv. 100 Talonflame in the process, so I had to shut the game off and hatch a bunch more eggs haha.

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    I recently lost a tournament match due to a combination of bad luck, the guy's team being pretty much stacked to counter mine, and stupidity. My first mistake was fearing an inaccurate Fire Blast and locking myself into Outrage with my Garchomp when he had two steel types and a fairy to switch into. Later on, I miss-clicked an Ice Beam with my Mantine instead of a Hydro Pump that would've KO'd.

To quote Eminem, "What I did was stupid, no doubt it was dumb!"

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    My tournament entry was ruined on my second round. He had an Accelgor and Vaporeon, myself an Absol and Scyther.
    I thought that he knew I'd use Sucker Punch on his Accelgor with Mega Absol, so I decided that he was going to switch and that I should attack Vaporeon instead.
    Vaporeon protects, Absol gets Bug Buzz'd into oblivion, the rest of the match was just downhill from there.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I was soft resetting for a Tyrunt with a good nature to use on my first playthrough. After less than ten, I received yet another with a not-very-ideal nature (Hasty maybe? I'm not sure). I didn't notice that the Tyrunt was blue until after I had already pressed the buttons to soft reset.

I lost my first X/Y shiny because I wasn't paying enough attention. I:

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • When I was challenging Diantha, I had forgotten to heal all my Pokémon because they were used accordingly. I ended up winning with Aegislash not being fainted.

Years
  • The dumbest thing I think I've ever done on Pokemon was catch a shiny ursarig amd not save. I was anxiety ridden for like a month because I was so upset with myself. I spent hours on mt silver grinding to beat Red and finally one appeared. I'm only half way through Y, I got the game 3 days ago. So I haven't had much chance to make dumb mistakes.

Years
  • Trading off legendaries for simple or not good competitive pokemon. Well really it depends how you look at it, I mean I had many duplicates from trading and poketransfer.

Back