• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you expected that there would be a remake of R/S ?

Years
  • Given how Gens. I and II received remakes, I had no doubt Gen. III would be next and expected them to occur at some point since HGSS's release. Like others, I thought they would happen in Gen. V since the previous remakes were made in Gens. III and IV respectively; however, I'm glad GF waited until Gen. VI because HOENN IN 3D.

Years
  • Deep in my heart I knew there was going to be one but it was such a long wait I was giving up on my little dream :P
    My real first generation was Hoenn and I had all three games, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.
    I'm just so exited that they are coming out on the 3DS so it was really worth waiting for! :D

Years
  • Thank goodness it did not come out in Gen 5. Especially seeing how XY turned out. Personally I feel like Gen 3 should be in 3D as the first remake of all of the games. I am so excited for this game

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I've got a funny story for you.

So I was actually talking with my friend a couple months ago about potential Hoenn remakes. I remember telling him very specifically how I was certain it wouldn't happen, since its already been too long and we went a whole generation without remakes. Well, the very next day I opened up tumblr and guess what box art I saw on my dashboard? Omega Ruby and Aqua Sapphire. Literally the NEXT DAY after I had that discussion, nope guess what? Hoenn remakes!

I gotta say that I found the whole thing hilarious. But I was really glad that they went through with it afterall, yes. <3

Years
  • Because of how HGSS turned out... I have been anticipating a return to Hoenn to be like a reinvention. To remake RS would feel wrong. To just slap some Emerald features into RS and call it a day would still feel bit wrong. XY & Bank/Transporter connectivity will have it feeling close to perfect.

Because once released, at least one troll will internet its complaints. All I should do is react and rage from a distance.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I'd say most people expected it, since it's human nature to look for patterns everywhere, so since Red/Green got a remake, then HG/SS one generation later, people started expecting R/S to be remade in G5.
    I would personally have preferred a R/S remake in G5 and having a D/P remake in Gen. 6, since that would have meant that a) we would have gotten R/S remake earlier, and b) my favourite Gen. would have to be G4, so having that in 3D on the 3DS would be bliss.

Years
  • I expected it, but there were definitely some doubts. RBY and GSC were both a lot more retro than RSE in terms of graphics and mechanics - I mean, the first ever remake was introduced in the same generation as RSE. Nonetheless, after HGSS came out it seemed relatively probably that eventually they would get around to bringing Hoenn back. Generation 6 is the perfect time, because the graphics have just undergone a huge overhaul.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • This kind of relates to this. How many of you expected sequels (or hoped for)of RS instead?
    I never jumped on that train, I prefer the idea of remakes. Tbh I was starting to doubt they were going to come out so I'm glad they were announced in May, if not by now I may be giving up hope...

Sushimmi

Transformice <3
    Years
  • How is a R/S remake rushed? Our last remake was 4 years ago.

Sorry, I thought there was at least one or two years between each game. So when ORAS was announced less than a year later I was like WTF.

T: ... I already said my views! I was a little upset that a lot of people disliked Hoenn because of water routes and wanted them to boycott 3rd gen for the 4th. Every game should have it's one time fame.

Years
  • Sorry, I thought there was at least one or two years between each game. So when ORAS was announced less than a year later I was like WTF.

T: ... I already said my views! I was a little upset that a lot of people disliked Hoenn because of water routes and wanted them to boycott 3rd gen for the 4th. Every game should have it's one time fame.

Well usually their release is one year or so after. XY was announced some time after B2W2's release in the rest of the world in a similar time different as XY's release the announcement of ORAS. Tbh I thought they were going to announce it (or 'Z') this summer, I didn't expect it to be in May.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Sorry, I thought there was at least one or two years between each game. So when ORAS was announced less than a year later I was like WTF.

I'm fairly sure that HG/SS were already in development when Platinum wasn't even released yet. It's possible that OR/AS were already in development before X/Y even came out.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I had a feeling there would be. I mean, we've had remakes of H/S and R/B/Y, so why wouldn't they do something for R/S too? It wouldn't be right. It was just a matter of time before they finally caught on to what everyone was trying to tell them. XD

Years
  • As soon as HG/SS were released, I knew that Hoenn remakes will make their way onto Generation V. I got even more confident when people found out the there were some R/S items in Generation V. However, when X/Y were confirmed, I started to question that they were remaking it. Thank god I was wrong. Infact, it was better that they're releasing it in Gen VI due to the graphic improvements and the type changes.

Years
  • As soon as HG/SS were released, I knew that Hoenn remakes will make their way onto Generation V. I got even more confident when people found out the there were some R/S items in Generation V. However, when X/Y were confirmed, I started to question that they were remaking it. Thank god I was wrong. Infact, it was better that they're releasing it in Gen VI due to the graphic improvements and the type changes.

I feel the same way, it's a good thing they delayed it. Near the end of Gen V I started to wish they would save them for Gen VI as they were going to make them on the 3DS (it was the most likely case considering the DS was practically dead). They're turning out as good looking as I expected if not more.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2021
    I expected RS to be remade, but even so when they were announced I was in utter shock. :P

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hm, I was kind of mixed at the time, and didn't think on this as much.

Like yeah, people have speculated and hoped for a R/S remake for a long time, and there were various references to Hoenn from the other pokemon games, like from those travelers, talking about the region they were from, and the World Championships from B2W2, etc, etc. I of course was on the same boat and hoped for Hoenn remakes too, but, I didn't really have any expectations that they would actually make them, because I guess I was more interested in new pokemon games, set in new regions.

Still, this is a good thing! I'm glad they actually went on board with this - it was definitely a nice surprise for a while, haha. <33

Years
  • I kinda think they would and kinda think they wouldn't because after black and white and their sequels came out everyone was ranting REMAKE HOENN! I thought nintendo would leave those games alone because they were "classics", but i guess they decided not to and remake it because of the popularity X and Y got and what they could do with pokemon in 3d I guess you could say X and Y were prototypes to see what hoenn would look like if they remade it and when they announced it I was HYPED...well gotta wait for November!

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Oh I definitely expected it. The way the remakes are made is very strategic and smart on GameFreaks part.
    Remakes are great because they give the developers the chance to improve the engine they are working on cheaply. They use the first copies of the generation, X and Y in this case, get feedback (Though not exclusively waiting for that feedback) and then make some minor nips and tucks. Not only that but most of the conceptual stuff is done. They don't have to write a story from scratch or come up with as much NPC dialogue. They have most of the art assets ready and raring to go. They can THEN use the remake to improve the final installment which can also be made cheaply and more refined.

I will, however, say that I'll be genuinely surprised if there is a new remake of R/B/G. At least in this generation. I'm certain GameFreak will re-release the game that started it all again at some point. Even if nothing else were remade again, I think that one would be.

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2015
    I was so surprised when these two were announced. Gen 3 was mostly past news by the time I got into pokemon, so this gives me a good chance to enjoy the Hoenn region.

I am more curious though about that strange item in XY though… The one said to be from a completely new region… I was expecting a generation 7 more than a remake honestly.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • Sorry, I thought there was at least one or two years between each game. So when ORAS was announced less than a year later I was like WTF.

Alright, because our first remake was FR/LG which was released 2004 and our second was HG/SS which was released 2010. That's why I was a bit confused why it was seen as rushed. xD

Back