• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Did you get rid of your Pikachu in Yellow?

Did you get rid of it?

• Yes, I did!

Votes: 41 19.8%
  • No, I didn't.

Votes: 166 80.2%

• Total voters

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
Years
I've never released that Pikachu. Ever. I loved the "follow me" aspect and felt it was vital to the game itself. I was so addicted to the anime, too; I tried my best to play as Ash and acquire the same kinds of Pokemon - Starters, Butterfree, Pikachu, Pidgeot.

I honestly thought Pokemon Yellow wouldn't allow you to release it.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Unless I'm doing a challenge out of boredom(I don't do those anymore now), I keep my starter. I mean, it's your first pokemon, partner and dumping it in the PC feels so wrong especially when you end up relying on it a lot early in the game. It was really hard in Yellow to use my Pikachu because it couldn't evolve, but letting it learn Reflect, Light Screen, Double Team, and taking a risk with Thunder really helped it bit since the battle system was so limited (and glitchy) back then.

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
I don't think I've ever played through Yellow without Pikachu. If I didn't want to use a Pikachu I was just pick up Red or Blue xD

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
What type of evil person would get rid of that Pikachu...? I loved that little guy, and he definitely helped me through Yellow. I mean, without Pikachu, it's basically RGB but with 3 starters.

Last edited:

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
Years
I dumped it in the PC 0W0
It wasnt much use to me, as its too vulnerable to almost any attack :P
Low def, low stats...o.o

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2014
I did deposit Pikachu into the PC a few times but never released it. I couldn't do that, I never usually traded so I didn't care about the Raichu part and Pikachu could always hold his own pretty well. Not to mention one of the game's mechanics is centered around him and he's Yellow Version's mascot. I just couldn't stand to be cruel I guess.

Back