• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did You Like Ball Capsules?

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Did You Like Ball Capsules? Should they return in future games? I'm Playing HGSS and just rediscovered how fun they are. Think about it: Game Freak gave you the option to customize the most common event in the game - Unleashing your Mons!!!!

I would Love to see Ball Capsules again. Anybody else love Ball Capsules?

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I honestly found them completely useless. I never really spent time using them.I don't think it's necessarily to have special design and shapes to pop out when we send out a Pokemon. Sending out a Pokemon is nothing special to me.

~Harmony

Female Brass Musician
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]It's useless, but it's so much to mess around with if you don't have a life and have all the time in the world to fix them up perfectly :)[/SIZE]

Years
    I liked making them, but I never really used them. It was such a hassle to put them on and take them off your Pokemon, since they couldn't be put into a box with a ball capsule on. I have a constantly rotating team, so I just never bothered. If they could just be attached to the Poke Ball itself, I would have used them a lot more.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I thought they were rather pointless. Didn't really add anything the game as a whole. I used to have fun making them. As I began to lose interest in Pokemon (again) I completely forgot about them.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I thought they were a nice touch to personalize things, but it was always a pain to have to remove them whenever you switched out teams. Also limiting was the lack of seals containing numbers, Greek letters, or other mathematical symbols. What good are ball capsules if you can't spell out mathematical formulas with them?

I currently have Ball capsules equipped on my team in Platinum, in fact.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    I found that having to take them on and off when switching Pokemon to be too much of hassle for me. However if they got rid of that in a future generation then I could definitely see myself using them.

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
    I didn't play the games that had them long enough to get into them, but I like the idea. It's just another way to personalize your pokemon, and in my opinion the best moment in a battle (besides when your kicking butt) is when your pokemon enters the battle and shouts it's (battle)cry!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I can honestly say that I did like Ball Capsules. They added an interesting flare to the games, and a much more spectacular 'flare' to the anime!

Comerion

DGXZ
    Years
    They were pretty pointless to be honest. However I liked the lettering, the way you could put words in when they came out was neat.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
    It's a tiny little improvement, but I don't use them, since I don't need them. So, if they are in the future game, it is a good thing, but if they aren't, I wouldn't miss them.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I think they were a nice addition and they're fun to use, but they didn't catch on like they should have. I think it has to do with the fact you can't deposit your Pokemon without taking the capsules off. I know that bugged me, so I quit using them altogether.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    They were a fun little bit of customization, albeit it was annoying to have to take them off when you're moving someone to the PC. I didn't use it after making one for a team member, then I completely forgot about them when said Pokemon was temporarily boxed...

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Only used them in Diamond, but they were quite cool in my opinion because made the game feel a bit more pretty.

Years
    Did You Like Ball Capsules?
    by bewbs

Um.

Aaanyway I liked the ball capsule feature. It involved effort to set up but the effects made it worthwhile for me.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    Nope. I couldn't stand them for some reason. I felt like it was a waste of time.

Back