• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did You Like Ball Capsules?

Years
    I really did like to use them and usually had one on each of my team members.
    The thing I didn't like about them, and that usually caused me to stop using Ball Capsules was that you had to detach them every single time you wanted to put your Pokemon in the PC, even for a second.

Frozen

Frosty
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    It was a neat little feature to be able to customise your pokeballs however you want, but I never really used them because I always hated how you had to take them off to deposit your Pokemon in a PC. It just seemed like a waste of time to me.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Wow, I didn't even know these things existed until I saw this thread and subsequently went to Bulbapedia to look 'em up. I'm not one to really personalize my teams in any way - don't even like nicknaming my critters - so I probably wouldn't have used them. Added to that the apparent procedural difficulty of removing the seal every time you'd want to deposit a critter into a box and that just adds up to a no-no in my book, unfortunately.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I didn't use them, but that's more because I didn't battle other people much. If I was more into wifi battling or the such it would be something I would have considered using; I felt it was a neat small addition.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
    The only issue I had with them is that once I put them on, I couldn't deposit the Pokémon, I have to remove the capsule and manually put it back on when I wanted to to withdraw the Pokémon.

That aside, I did like them. Nice little feature.

Asuf

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    I always used seals, I found them very interesting! It was an inconveniece that Pokemon coudn't be stored with modified Pokeballs though.

Years
    Like many, I initially thought the concept was pretty cool, and tried to come up with awesome looking designs. Eventually though I just got totally tired of it and found it quite annoying that you couldn't put them in the PC while capsules were attached. Like Mail, I mean... why?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I enjoyed the Ball Capsules at first, but like many have already mentioned, it just became a bit tedious and annoying to have to remove them when you wanted to deposit a Pokémon in your PC Box. I think should they have removed that little stubble, it would have caught on a lot more with players who enjoy the personalizing aspects of the games, which there isn't a lot of to begin with.

Doa

Analyzer
    Years
    They're cool if you're more the theatrics type. There are times at which I used them.

dyenguard

Burst of Flame!
    Years
    I hope that they will return someday. I don't care about the PC issues, but if they were to going to make a re-appearence, it better be fixed :O

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
    Years
    The Pc issue suprisingly did not anger me😱
    I actually admired the small step pokemon made in custimization
    One thing i didnt like was in hg/ss were you couldnt see the capsule i worked so hard on because the pokemon with the capsule was following me that irratated me more than the pc thing

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I thought they were nice at first but I found them very annoying to remove and re-add when using the PC Storage System. I think they're more tedious than saving when using the PC boxes in Generation I, even. Now I reserve them for contests and the like.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I never found out how to get any besides what one is given in Olivine, so my opinion is that they should've been explained better in-game... but this is par for the course with Pokemon. I would prefer to be able to change a monster's ball after catching it, since they all have different visual effects which I feel make capsules quite redundant anyway.

Years
    The Ball Capsules made nice effects, I often did it with all my Pokemon.

Also, I love mixing and matching them up. So sad they got rid of it in 5th Gen.

It can get annoying that I have to remove them before dumping the Pokemon in the PC.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I didn't like that I had to remove them in order to box my Pokemon (at least in Diamond) so I only kept a capsule on my Cherrim which pretty much never left my party. I did like the idea, though. I loved designing them and I thought they were a really nice touch to the game. I'd forgotten all about them but now that I've remembered, I actually really miss them. D:

I had a bunch of flower petals and sparkles for my Cherrim. It was great. ;~;

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
    Years
    I think I used them once and thought they were a little bit cool. I don't think I could ever be bothered with them again but I don't see why they're not in the newer games.

Back