• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you use a Grass Type on your team?

Did you use a Grass Type?

• Yes!

Votes: 111 72.1%
  • No!

Votes: 43 27.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    Yes, I played with my beloved Roserade <3 It's my favorite grass in Sinnoh and it kicks butt! :D

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    My starter is Turtwig and I loved it.

You should use grass type on your team they have good moves and are fun to use.

DarkVhozon

Steel/Dragon Master
    Years
    Torterra is the only Sinnoh starter I actually like, but for the most part I avoid Grass types, namely because they arent the strong est type offensive or defensively, have 5 weaknesses. The only type they are really useful aginst is water, but many good water types know an Ice type attack so..... I replace their slot on the team with a Giga Drain or Solarbeam maybe. Roserade is also pretty sweet though I dont use it.

Archipelago

Who knows?
    Years
    Grass types are one of my favourite types because of the fact that they can fit so many roles at once. My choice of starter in Sinnoh is usually Turtwig, which thus leads to me having that as my Grass-type. If not, then Roserade usually ends up being my choice, even if I refuse to evolve it until the begining of the league.

I believe that I used Leafeon at one point, but I much prefer to use Pokemon with a dual typing, meang that I'd much prefer to use those ones. As such, I usually end up with any of the below; Torterra, Roserade, Wormadam, Abomasnow and Tropius. Unfortunately, I find catching Burmy - especially the females - a real pain, and Abomasnow are caught too late in the game, so I usually end up falling for Torterra, Roserade or Tropius. I have traded in a Grass-type once or twice though, Exeggutor and Breloom being the latest. I sure do love the Grass/Psychic and Grass/Fighting typing, and then Breloom's Spore move just makes things as fit as a fiddle.

Years
    before I use venasaur in the red version and The rose pokemon in diamond and right now I'm using lefeaon. I decided to give it a try.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
    Personally, i don't use the grass type too often. In my first run in Diamond, i used Roserade and i like it, i've used Torterra as well but i really don't like grass pokemons so they aren't a common type in my teams.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Roserade is the only grass type I've used for my team, although I barely use these types often. There weren't many grass types available that really appealed to me, though Torterra and Leafeon are alright too. But yes, I've used a grass type Pokémon on my team, as I at least try to have a variety of types on my team anyway.

Years
    Did you use a Grass Type on your team?

yes...this is my feveret starter...because its easy to beat infernape using earthquake moves..:D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I disliked Grass types since always, until I for some reason did a Grass run on Crystal. Man, I fell in love with that type. Not only do many of those pokés have high defense/spec.defense (or at least that's what it felt like xD), but they've got sleep powder, leech seed, razor leaf and stuff that I love. Plus, most are cute!

Aaand I'm only speaking in-game, I've never played competitive :p

I'm playing Platinum now, first time I'm playing a Sinnoh game ever xD And Turtwig is my starter. Hm, shouldn't it evolve soon? /tired of raising already

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Ever since I decided that I would have a Bellossom on my team in Silver about two years ago I've gained a more liking to the Grass types. With that said, I had restarted my Pearl and started with Turtwig instead of Chimchar (and liked Torterra much more than Infernape) and on my Platinum I have my Roserade.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    The only type they are really useful aginst is water

They have a type advantage over rock, too...

I always have a grass Pokemon on my team. They're not my favorite type, but they do have their advantages. Moves like sleep powder and poison powder come in handy at times, and Razor Leaf isn't a bad move. I admit to having both an electric and a grass Pokemon on my team. Grass takes on the rock Pokemon I battle, electric takes on the water. Right now, I have a Roserade on my team. I've played Platinum with Leafeon, too, though.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Yeah I'm using my sceptile from I think....errrrrr......emerald.:laugh: Can't really remember it's been so long since I traded it over. But yeah Sceptile was a nice addition to my overly reliant on special defense/defense team, and I needed a speedy pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2011
    Nooo...I actually found a grass-type pokemon very inviable in this game, especially when facing other types. they have little advantage but too much disadvantages :(

pockeyfox

Grand Trainer
    Years
    I feel bad that I don't give enough love to the grass types but I hardly ever use them.

The few that I can think of off the top of my head are as follows:

Gallade

Torterra

Venusaur

Meganium

There are a few more, but the list is sorely lacking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back