• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Did you want a Remake or a Brand New Game? (Edit: Confirmed as remakes!)

What did you want Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire to be?

• Total voters

SkyRyder

'That Guy'
Years
  • I know it's confirmed to be a full blown remake, but I'm still hoping for some new twists and additions to the storyline/region. At the same time, I wouldn't mind other changes either. It's just that I've played RSE so many times, I'd like to see a few things change.

Years
  • I hope they keep everything consistent to the originals but add to the story, and have new facilities like HgSs had.

This is exactly what I want. I'd like them to keep the story from the original Ruby and Sapphire but also add some elements from Emerald in, sorta like how HeartGold and SoulSilver had the original Gold and Silver storyline with plot elements from Crystal included, such as the appearance of Eusine.

I'm fine with them being all-out remakes as opposed to a sequel like everyone else hoped.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • There definitely must be more post game stuff. X and Y was just not enough.

I'm hoping that Contests and perhaps the Battle Frontier will add more post game activities.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Ahhhh the Hoenn Battle Frontier...that's one of the things I anticipate the most to see in these Remakes. It would be awesome to get to the top of the Battle Pyramid and look out at the sky or the ground below us.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So they're gonna be remakes....

I hope they spice up the story a bit; yeah, Pokémon hasn't really ever had the most amazing stories, but the Team Magma/Aqua one was really meh. And I wanna fight them more.

And while they are straight up remakes, I wonder what new stuff they're gonna add in....

HUF_DBC

I'm fine with them being remakes, BUT if it doesn't have the Emerald battle frontier I will be super bummed.

Years
  • I wanted them to be sequels tbh. I think it would have been awesome to see Hoenn literally 12 years later and see how the Gyms, Towns, and Elite Four have changed. I would have loved to see one of the protagonists from RSE to be the new Champ.

I am perfectly happy with remakes though, because RSE were amazing as it is <3

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    Being honest, with the "whole new adventure" tagline I'm leaning more towards it being a new set out/story. I would love that being honest, but I won't be dissapointed in the slightest if its a straight remake. I've been crying out for one since X/Y came out as id love to see the Hoenn region layer out with the same graphics as the new games. I'm excited to say the least.

Years
  • Being honest, with the "whole new adventure" tagline I'm leaning more towards it being a new set out/story. I would love that being honest, but I won't be dissapointed in the slightest if its a straight remake. I've been crying out for one since X/Y came out as id love to see the Hoenn region layer out with the same graphics as the new games. I'm excited to say the least.

It's confirmed to be a remake. From the wording the official site gave it's not likely to have a story that's radically different.

Years
  • What if they are a remake and a sequel. They claim it's a full emake but HHG/SS had kanto, maybe hoenn will have a brand new region along side it

Years
  • What if they are a remake and a sequel. They claim it's a full emake but HHG/SS had kanto, maybe hoenn will have a brand new region along side it

Actually GSC had Kanto too, just not in it's full glory. All I hope is that they add in areas, Hoenn has plenty of land (islands) that weren't used.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Yeah, HG/SS had Kanto because GSC had it as well. There's no tiny string of evidence to suggest OR/AS would contain anything other than Hoenn (besides the "brand new world" thing), but it'd be nice to at least have a solid post-game.

Am I the only one who enjoyed the Sevii Islands? Someone on here replied to a post of mine a while back saying the only decent post-game Pokémon's ever had so far was the Sevii Islands, and I absolutely agree. Would be nice to see something similar in OR/AS.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Seeing as they are going to be remakes I wish that they at least try and change things up a little and adapt it rather than just copying the game with new graphics.

Haven't played Hoenn all the way through so IDK what post-game was like but I hope it's better than that of X&Y (and arguably Gen 5s)

Years
  • Yeah, HG/SS had Kanto because GSC had it as well. There's no tiny string of evidence to suggest OR/AS would contain anything other than Hoenn (besides the "brand new world" thing), but it'd be nice to at least have a solid post-game.

Am I the only one who enjoyed the Sevii Islands? Someone on here replied to a post of mine a while back saying the only decent post-game Pokémon's ever had so far was the Sevii Islands, and I absolutely agree. Would be nice to see something similar in OR/AS.
    Maybe the Sevii islands will return after 10 years? (FrLg came out a decade ago).

Either way I want the unused islands of Hoenn to be used somehow.

I think Emerald had a better post game than Gen 5 and XY, so if they follow Emerald's post game plus add new areas it's sure to be more interesting.

Years
  • I was hoping for a sequel in the same way Black 2/White 2 were sequels to Black and White and set in the future. I would have liked to see OR/AS explore Hoenn some 10-20 years in the future. I think that by making OR/AS pure remakes of the originals, Game Freak constrains itself and does not allow for some originality, creativity, and innovation. But I am still excited and plan to pick up a copy of each title.

Years
  • I was hoping for a sequel in the same way Black 2/White 2 were sequels to Black and White and set in the future. I would have liked to see OR/AS explore Hoenn some 10-20 years in the future. I think that by making OR/AS pure remakes of the originals, Game Freak constrains itself and does not allow for some originality, creativity, and innovation. But I am still excited and plan to pick up a copy of each title.

Even if they had made them sequels that much of a time skip seems like something they wouldn't do. They like to stick to 2 to 3 year time skips by the look of things.

Back