• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Digimon New Series 2015 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Well, there is one way they can do it. Through Millenniummon.

It could turn out the Digimon Emperor was meant to send Kimeramon back through time somehow, and it was mortally wounded in the past and merged with Machinedramon to become Millenniummon, which would then implant a Dark Spore in Ken, thus ensuring Kimeramon's creation. A closed circle time paradox, if you will. But Davis destroyed Kimeramon before it could be sent back through time. No Kimeramon, no Millenniummon and no Digimon Emperor. No new DigiDestined.

Strom Thunder

The Apocalypse :D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2014
    Never Really Missed an Episode of Digimon when I was a teenager, I really Wuvv the kind of anime it was, But still after watching Pokémon, Doraemon and all the other Mons, I really felt Digimon a low Mon Type xD No offense, Its my favorite Anime. And my first anime too I guess.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Here you Go Guys--

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    So, is it actually being called "Digimon Adventure Tri"? And that's an interesting new artstyle they've got there. I know there will be some bummed that they're not reusing the old art style though.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
    Is no one else stoked to see Izzy again? I think he was my absolute favorite (and TK) from the first 2 series. And judging from the recent picture, I like the art direction. So far at least. :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    I personally am on the fence. I need to see it in motion first. Having said that, I won't be basing my opinion on the art style on its own. And I can appreciate that this series is likely to be aimed at those of us who watched Adventure, so will probably take a slightly more mature tone than the previous series. I'm actually praying that Saban don't get this one because while the previous series did okay under them (except for the whole 02 thing that caused Jeff Nimoy to walk out) they were fundimentally meant for children and like 4Kids used to, Saban will probably be watering down elements of the series.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    The director has the most notable credits. But I'm going to miss Takanori Arisawa's music :(

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Digimon New Series 2015 !

Key Visual released!

Oninoyokai said:
    The third coundown on the official website14 for the Digimon Adventure 15th anniversary project reached zero on Saturday and revealed the first key visual and staff information. The website also announced the official title for the new anime is Digimon Adventure tri.

Atsuya Uki (Cencoroll) will provide the character designs, Yuuko Kakihara (Heaven's Lost Property) will act as series script supervisor, and Keitaro Motonaga (Rayearth) will direct at Toei Animation.

The anime will start on Spring 2015.

Source: https://digimon-adventure.net/

The character designs don't really stand out much. Look kinda generic if you ask me...

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    You know what I find funny in this? For a series called Digimon, that poster is seriously devoid of the actual creatures themselves. I know that the children are the most important characters because they actually have character growth and development, but still. C'mon, I wanna see what the Digimon look like in this new style!

One other disappointment about that poster as well is that Kari and Sora have the same face. That's not a good indicator on the artist. They seem to be pretty lazy to do something like that.

Pretty excited for this though regardless. I mean, I like Digimon quite a bit. And I wasn't too big a fan of Xros Wars. So I'm looking forward to something a little more traditional. Also, whilst I liked 02, I thought the plot was kind of badly executed. So I'd like to see a third take on this universe. Hopefully one a little less scattered. And with a better dub. Because the original dub, whilst adequate, definitely detracted a lot from it with its inappropriate jokes at the wrong time.

Last edited:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I'm extrememly excited for Digimon Adventure Tri to come out - feels too long till next Spring though ;-;

I personally don't mind the new style. I admit I still have yet to watch Tsuritama since Uki Atsuya did that as well and I was already intrigued by that style of art. I guess one of the reasons why it isn't bothering me as much was due to the fact I originally hated Digimon Saver's art when I first saw it, however as I watched the series, I grew into the plot and characters more and the art wasn't as bit of a deal to me.

... THIS ON THE OTHER HAND...
    One other disappointment about that poster as well is that Kari and Sora have the same face. That's not a good indicator on the artist. They seem to be pretty lazy to do something like that.

BOTHERS ME MORE THAN IT SHOULD:

On another note, someone try to excute the key visual to make it look like the original art style... thoughts?:

(source)

Sir Codin

Wait, that visual is seriously the art style for this new series?

That just doesn't look like how Digimon should look.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    True enough. The entire Digimon Adventure series, including the movies, uses four different art styles anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back