• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Digimon New Series 2015 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2015
    Finally. I read through all the posts...man am I pooped...Hehe~

Anyway, going back to the 'new character' and 'love interests' they might add in. Me and a friend mine was re-watching 02 when we began to talk about who would Taichi get together with and the possibilities of new character. She brought up a very good point. The new character that they might add in, most likely will be a female character. Not only to clear up the boys/girls numbers as there are 4 boys and 3 girls. She said that she doubt it would be completely new character. That got my brain turning. I thought (and said to her) what if they just brought a very-very side character into the light? Would that work? It's a rather big possibility. And since this season is straight after 02, the only side character who they'd be able to 'play around' with is Jun Motomiya :/

Also, Digimon has a thing for siblings. As strange as it is, have a look in almost ever season, a new sibling is added in later on. Um. Season 1 is Hikari. Season 2 is Jun. Season 3 is Suzie and Season 4 is Kouchi. (I haven't seen the season after that because I was told they're just bad.) Everyone but Jun, became a Digi-Destine later on in the series.

If Jun is to be brought into the series (which I'm bit weary about as we really don't know anything about her) then she would be the perfect base, as all we know is she is the normal annoying older sister. The stereotype label given to older siblings. So they'd be able to do anything with her character and we wouldn't care because nothing was shown canon for her. We honestly don't know her true personality, only the comic-relief part given to her to make Dasiuke more 'funnier'. In 02, it has shown her to be with the few other original Digi-Destine, even if it was for a small moment. To support this is on the Digital Wiki under her profile.

It says "By the spring, she has become a DigiDestined and needs help in the Digital world."

So wouldn't this be a small plot? As there's no other information on Jun? As-well, if she is chosen, then that would make a doorway for Daisuke to come into the show.

Well...that's all from me. Other then, I can't see them taking out the ending of 02 just because a few fans don't like who ended up with who. I think they'd just add more onto it, adding a few facts to make fans/viewers understand the ending a bit more.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    I hope they're going to show us more answers that we were keeping asking ourselves from the epilogue of 02. Also, I hope that we will see Davis & rest of gang from second adventure too! It would be great.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I can't wait for this, I drifted away from the fandom during season 3 and I miss it so much. I love the animation, the first thing I thought of was Tsuritama, like some people brought up before- which is one of my favorite art styes out there aaah.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Jun, Jyou's older brother Shuu, and Miyako's older sisters all receive Digimon in 2003, as told in a drama CD. Since it's been revealed that Tri will focus on the human/Digimon relationship mentioned in the ending monologue of the 02 epilogue, I think that using those four characters to explore that plot point would be a good way to do it. Especially since the reveal of the four getting Digimon partners happens in a part of the drama CD where Hikari is creating guides for people (specifically mentioning those who have siblings) who were suddenly partnered with a Digimon.

Though this could mean nothing because they might not use the drama CDs for anything related to Tri.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Just going to rechuck this theory someone made from one of my other posts:

My thoughts on how they might handle some of the implications of the Epilogue:

"Everyone has a digimon partner": This is true in 2027, but it doesn't mean that it happened at once. It seems clear from the series, the 4th Digimon Adventure film, and post-02 Drama CDs that it was a gradual process that took several years and was by no means completed by 2005. As we have seen, tri. is going to explore how this happened and the difficulties everyone faced to get to that point.

Whether or not the drama CDs are included in Tri or not (I really need to listen to them myself), they did say that everyone will have a digimon partner by 2027, so one way or another Jun, Shuu and Miyako's sisters will get their partner. Whether or not is it what the Drama CDs predicted we'll just have to wait and see.

Aside from them, right now, apart from the original eight digidestined, digidestined from around the world and the dark spore kids, everyone else doesn't have a partner (unless I missed people), so I'm curious to see how they'll start this gradual process. How people accept digimon or reject digimon in the human world to how everyone will end up getting their partner.
    (Just imagining parents of the original digidestined getting their own partners xD)

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2016
    Any Digimon Fans?

I enjoy from time to time going back to watch things from my childhood, and I have kinda got back into Digimon. Also, my friend just informed me about Digimon Adventure Tri that's coming out soon and I'm petty excited about it. Are you guys excited about it?

Skip Class

Years
    Definitely! I'm sure we're all really excited about!

Also if you haven't seen they released Matt a while ago :

Digimon New Series 2015 !

Finished Tsuritama last week and I can say I wouldn't mind Digimon in that art style.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    March already. We should start a countdown soon.

Sadly, no OP or ED confirmed yet. Is Wada Kouji making an unexpected return?

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    March already. We should start a countdown soon.

Sadly, no OP or ED confirmed yet. Is Wada Kouji making an unexpected return?

I get pretty hyped thinking about the evolution theme, haha. Hopefully Miyazaki Ayumi will get unshafted for once. =D

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    For anyone that cares... (which I'm sure is very few...)

Digimon Fusion (Xros Wars) Season 2 is finally beginning to air in english dub format this Sunday with the first two episodes from 10 to 11 a.m.

:)

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    I get pretty hyped thinking about the evolution theme, haha. Hopefully Miyazaki Ayumi will get unshafted for once. =D

Agreed.

For anyone that cares... (which I'm sure is very few...)

Digimon Fusion (Xros Wars) Season 2 is finally beginning to air in english dub format this Sunday with the first two episodes from 10 to 11 a.m.

:)

Oh well, yes, I hate dubs, but thanks to them is that I learned what anime is. So, that's fine. Second season would be the actual second season (The seven Kingdom arc) or The Boy Hunters Who Leapt Through Time?

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Oh well, yes, I hate dubs, but thanks to them is that I learned what anime is. So, that's fine. Second season would be the actual second season (The seven Kingdom arc) or The Boy Hunters Who Leapt Through Time?

It's the Seven Kingdom Arc. The Time one is Season 3. Assuming they dub that of course.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    So... it seems the cast will be back, singers included.

The returning cast is as follows:

Chika Sakamoto as Agumon
    Mayumi Yamaguchi as Gabumon
    Katori Shigematsu as Piyomon
    Junko Takeuchi as Gomamon
    Kinoko Yamada as Palmon
    Miwa Matsumoto as Patamon
    Takahiro Sakurai as Tentomon
    Yuka Tokumitsu as Tailmon

In addition, the website announces that Kouji Wada will return to perform the original opening theme song, "Butter-Fly," while Ayumi Miyazaki will also return to perform the insert song, "Brave Heart."

YES YES YES SO MUCH YES.

EVERYONE RIDE THE HYPE TRAIN, IT'S TIME TO GO

Skip Class

Years
    I'M SO PUMPED FOR THIS! Geez that looks so amazing! Welp time to change my theme xD

Also the moss-ed up train they left in the first season :o God words can't even describe how the new art has made me!

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    Digimon New Series 2015 !

This looks good. :D

Damn I can't wait. I want to get into this world again so bad. Plus news of singers returning = music to my ears (no pun intended) since I found the original singers terrific. <3

It's funny how I said everyone ride the hype train and the next image is actually the train from Digimon Adventures, lol!

So anyone noticed something... peculiar on Agumon's nose... doesn't that butterfly seem... familiar?

Not sure what you mean? D:

I'M SO PUMPED FOR THIS! Geez that looks so amazing! Welp time to change my theme xD

Also the moss-ed up train they left in the first season :o God words can't even describe how the new art has made me!
    omfg

I've never been more excited. I have such great memories of Digimon aaah.

Let's all get in the mood :D

I think the whole forum will be using art from Digimon during April lol. And this is a Pokemon forum, oh the irony.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back