• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Digimon New Series 2015 !

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • It's just promo art, the art in the actual anime might be different.
    But hoping for that seems more like wishful thinking. Considering the fact that key-visuals are, more often than not, a good indication of the kind of art-style the production studio is going to adapt for the anime in question. :p

You know what I find funny in this? For a series called Digimon, that poster is seriously devoid of the actual creatures themselves. I know that the children are the most important characters because they actually have character growth and development, but still. C'mon, I wanna see what the Digimon look like in this new style!
    True, true. That's one aspect where the key visual sorely lacks, I agree. I hope they don't screw them up, though.

Wow, it finally looks like anime.
    Reminds of PA Works animation...
    PA Works? The kind of minimalistic style used here kinda reminds me of Hosoda Mamoru's stuff tbh. :p

I'm really, really, reaaallly not liking the art style.

If you didn't tell me it was Digimon I'd have written it off as a generic slice of life.
    Exactly! I wouldn't ever have guessed it was digimon either had I not been made aware of it beforehand, haha.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    That was true of Savers, though. They changed the art style there as well.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I really like the subdued style a lot. I find so many series of my teenage years are getting remade. I was always a fan of 02 though and i hope we are getting to see a sizable amount of them.(i only goit into 1 after I watched 02, so it is natural to be my fave. Wasnt much into the later versions but the best out of the later is 4 (with the Ken expy this time as twins)

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Joshua Seth may be returning 'if asked':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C6VYxIhqcQ

That video was actually really interesting (haha I never knew he retired), but I would really love it if he did come back to play Tai. I'd love to watch it with him since I watched dubbed Digimon ever since I was a kid.

I hope it will be shown online worldwide like sailor moon crystal.

Digimon would no doubt get shown online one way or another. The series is already popular and most likely going to get dubbed anyway.

EDIT:
    This just in :DD
    Digimon New Series 2015 !

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    awesome, anyway what is a bit of a gripe for me is that they only post via twitter on fb and that way it wont be translated Dx

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    It's just promo art, the art in the actual anime might be different.

I'm wondering if Kari will look as Cute as before in this Art style !
    Kari was pretty Cute in previous series ! She was defiantly the cutest girl in Adventure series while Mimi was the second cutest.
    I was expecting Art style similar to ''Devil Survivor The Animation'' since the new Digimon game follow similar art style.
    I'm imagining Davis's face When he see TK with Seraphimon and Kari with Ophanimon !!!
    I think , it would be better if he moved to another city .
    Because if he appear in Tri series then he will be a 100% comic relief .

Skip Class

Years
  • To be fair, just because a lot of people pointed him out as to be a comic relief character in 02, doesn't really mean that he's going to be a full on"100%" comic relief character in DigiTri.

Sure he won't be a main character in this series and possibly (along with the 02 cast excluding Kari and T.K) will probably receive a similar treatment to how the original cast of Tai and the others did during 02, but he did offer a lot more than just a comic relief character in 02.

Davis himself did a lot of growing within the whole of season 2, somewhat maturing more and really fitting in the image of a true leader. Knowing that he was on 11 at the time of 02, he's still growing and maturing and still will be in Tri as a junior high student (even as a background character). Tai matured more in between 01 in elementary and 02 in junior high so no doubt Davis will too.

I personally would hate it if he moved away to another city. Sure they did it with Mimi, but there was a lot that he did in 02 (that wasn't just for comic relief) and a lot that he could still offer in Tri even though he isn't a main character anymore. Although a lot of people say that T.K should have been the leader of their generation of digidestined, he was and still is one the leaders and he did whole lot more than just to be the comic relief.

Espurr_Kawaii

Pokemon Trainer Coordinator
    Years
  • wow! its back this :) .. i cant wait whats the newest advnture or series they made up ..and what the newest antagonist in digital world ^_^ ..i wanna saw T.K whats new as a character this series/movies .. XD *think*

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Well, I'm hoping it won't be some form of Myotismon. In fact, if they never mention his name I'd be happy (though they're likely to in passing).

There's several old plot threads that got abandoned they could use (Daemon, or Dragomon, or whatever happened to Devimon after Kimeramon was destroyed), or they could ignore those and create new ones.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I hope the 02 digi knights get a lttle more than just cameos d love to see more ken, iori, and Miyako :)

Skip Class

Years
  • I hope the 02 digi knights get a lttle more than just cameos d love to see more ken, iori, and Miyako :)

Yes definitely! I loved the S2 cast just as much as the original cast did. Ken and Daisuke were my favourites back when S2 came out and they are still part of the digidestined team!

Also thought I'd share this since someones worked out there ages on tumblr:
    Joe/Jou - 18 [College Freshman/First Year]
    Tai/Taichi - 17 [High School Senior/Third Year]
    Matt/Yamato - 17 [High School Senior/Third Year]
    Sora - 17 [High School Senior/Third Year]
    Izzy/Koushiro - 16 [High School Junior/Second Year]
    Mimi - 16 [High School Junior/Second Year]
    Yolei/Miyako - 15 [High School Sophomore/First Year]
    TK/Takeru - 14 [High School Freshman/Middle School Third Year]
    Kari/Hikari - 14 [High School Freshman/Middle School Third Year]
    Davis/Daisuke - 14 [High School Freshman/Middle School Third Year]
    Ken - 14 [High School Freshman/Middle School Third Year]
    Cody/Iori - 12 [Elementary School 6th Grade]

Iori is older, but alone in Elementary school so I wonder how that will turn out!

Skip Class

Years
  • Forever alone like Joe is =D
    That most likely means there won't be much of a school life as they would have to follow many schools =D

Haha I actually never noticed Joe.

Made me think what Digimon Tri going to be like, since S1 was focused on the digital world and S2 they'd go back and forth from the digital world. Unless we never saw Iori or Jou at their respective schools and they just visited/saw the others in the digital world - Not to mention, Jou would be busy in medical school.

Skip Class

Years
  • NEW UPDATE!

In the newest issue of Shueisha's V Jump magazine has a new article about the upcoming Digimon Adventure Tri., which has revealed the first new image of Agumon in the upcoming series, showcasing his new design.

Thoughts?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back