• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Digimon New Series 2015 !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    Dagomon's introduction isn't really a plot hole. It just take a while to realize what it was setting up for the series.

-The introduction of the dark world
    --Where the dark spires originate
    --where Ken received his dark D3
    --where Miyako and Hikari first Jogress
    --where Demon is banished to

-The idea that there are other worlds
    --that the Chosen can travel to, like the World of Dreams and alluded to way back in Adventure
    --that these worlds should be kept separate so they don't cause distortions
    ---which is part of why the Chosen were called to fight: to prevent these distortions

-Demon's introduction
    --which gave the (also argued about) character development for the new Chosen where they had to fight enemies who were actually alive

The dark world is also used for other character development. It takes characters and explores their negative feelings with physical enemies they can see, which also happened in Adventure. Yamato and Sora went through a "mini" version of the dark world when they were in that tunnel during the Dark Master's arc.

Members of the fandom have guessed that Dagomon (and Demon) were added to the story so that the reveal of Vamdemon being revived would be more shocking. Members of the fandom also are reminded of other unsolved mysteries from the first two seasons that were never explained in the show (or in other forms of canon).

And then there's the whole idea that the story of Adventure and Zero Two are supposed to be "incomplete." In that world, the story is being written by someone who went through the adventure and could only ask the other Chosen (and anyone living) about events. Takeru can't exactly go ask Demon/Ryo/Dagomon what they were planning and include that in the story. It's a silly explanation, but in a way, it works.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Dagomon's introduction isn't really a plot hole. It just take a while to realize what it was setting up for the series.

-The introduction of the dark world
    --Where the dark spires originate
    --where Ken received his dark D3
    --where Miyako and Hikari first Jogress
    --where Demon is banished to

-The idea that there are other worlds
    --that the Chosen can travel to, like the World of Dreams and alluded to way back in Adventure
    --that these worlds should be kept separate so they don't cause distortions
    ---which is part of why the Chosen were called to fight: to prevent these distortions

-Demon's introduction
    --which gave the (also argued about) character development for the new Chosen where they had to fight enemies who were actually alive

The dark world is also used for other character development. It takes characters and explores their negative feelings with physical enemies they can see, which also happened in Adventure. Yamato and Sora went through a "mini" version of the dark world when they were in that tunnel during the Dark Master's arc.

Members of the fandom have guessed that Dagomon (and Demon) were added to the story so that the reveal of Vamdemon being revived would be more shocking. Members of the fandom also are reminded of other unsolved mysteries from the first two seasons that were never explained in the show (or in other forms of canon).

And then there's the whole idea that the story of Adventure and Zero Two are supposed to be "incomplete." In that world, the story is being written by someone who went through the adventure and could only ask the other Chosen (and anyone living) about events. Takeru can't exactly go ask Demon/Ryo/Dagomon what they were planning and include that in the story. It's a silly explanation, but in a way, it works.
    thats probably one of the biggest plot holes in itself as arukenimon & mummymon both got killed and never once mentioned to him the stuff that happened when he & the other digidestined where not around, such as arukenimon calling the dark ocean a "phase warp"(don't remember is thats the exact words used in the original, but its what was used in the dub). his novels are more then likely a lot more incomplete then what the anime let's on, that is unless the soverien or gennai have been monitoring everything
    quoting gatomon from the same episode
    Gatomon said:

Years
  • New trailer for part 2 as well as a small teaser for part 3 at the end:

It shows some shots of Rosemon and Vikemon, Leomon and a infected Ogremon fighting at the village of beginnings, as well as an infected Imperialdramon DM and what looks to be... the Digimon Emperor/Kaiser?
    The part 3 teaser has Patamon and Takeru with the text "Goodbye, Takeru".

From the looks of things we may have a Leomon and an Angemon death in our near future, Remember to take some tissues when you watch it, just in case.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    New trailer for part 2 as well as a small teaser for part 3 at the end:

It shows some shots of Rosemon and Vikemon, Leomon and a infected Ogremon fighting at the village of beginnings, as well as an infected Imperialdramon DM and what looks to be... the Digimon Emperor/Kaiser?
    The part 3 teaser has Patamon and Takeru with the text "Goodbye, Takeru".

From the looks of things we may have a Leomon and an Angemon death in our near future, Remember to take some tissues when you watch it, just in case.
    leomon is always fated to die a heroic death.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Firstly, who knows what the title of this is? Cause I first saw it as Determination and now the title "Decisions" keep popping up everywhere.

Someone else says that this is set a few months after the first movie...?

Think the one thing that bothers me about the Digimon Kaiser is the hair. It looks more Tai-like, but then again, someone did mention that it could be the current artstyle or even older Ken - But why would he go back to being the Digimon Kaiser - Unless it's a memory from the past. Or someone else playing as the Digimon Kaiser? (unless he also the affected by the virus).

Spoiler:

Could he be the one controlling infected Imperialdramon DM.
    Spoiler:

I mean, out of all the digivices, the one they decided to focus on in the first episode is the black digivice:
    Spoiler:

Still finding it weird since we see him fall down with the rest of the 02 cast at the start of the first movie.

Aside from that, we see Jo still looking regretful for not being able to help.
    The idea of "until when do we have to be the chosen children"
    Hikari still being camera girl
    Spoiler:

I'm waiting for this tbh

Legit forgot about Leomon and ogremon friendship/rivalry until I saw that.

Spoiler:

It has to be the friend/rival to stop his infected self - and we'll see if Leomon get through this (or if this will be his death this time).

Confessions the title of the 3rd chapter of this series.
    confession between Hikari and Takeru?

Spoiler:

tbh I'm looking more forward to this, more than the 2nd movie.
    Will probably be focusing on Takeru and Hikari and (possibly Seraphimon and Magnadramon (?)).
    Although seeing Takeru leave and Patamon saying bye to him - god can the next one come soon.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Firstly, who knows what the title of this is? Cause I first saw it as Determination and now the title "Decisions" keep popping up everywhere.

Someone else says that this is set a few months after the first movie...?

Think the one thing that bothers me about the Digimon Kaiser is the hair. It looks more Tai-like, but then again, someone did mention that it could be the current artstyle or even older Ken - But why would he go back to being the Digimon Kaiser - Unless it's a memory from the past. Or someone else playing as the Digimon Kaiser? (unless he also the affected by the virus).

Spoiler:

Could he be the one controlling infected Imperialdramon DM.
    Spoiler:

I mean, out of all the digivices, the one they decided to focus on in the first episode is the black digivice:
    Spoiler:

Still finding it weird since we see him fall down with the rest of the 02 cast at the start of the first movie.
    i don't think its ken this time though, it looks more like davis
    digimon_adventure_tri__02_by_damianmad-d8k4o6x.jpg

also, digivices have been known to change color or shatter depending on the mental state of the owner & the environment.
    regardless, this seems to be straight out bacterial mind control then the type of corruption the dark spore had.

Skip Class

Years
  • i don't think its ken this time though, it looks more like davis
    also, digivices have been known to change color or shatter depending on the mental state of the owner & the environment.
    regardless, this seems to be straight out bacterial mind control then the type of corruption the dark spore had.

That's true!

I suspected it to could possible also Daisuke since he can also control Imperialdramon - and is it me, but he's wearing goggles right?

Just why the Digimon Kaiser outfit out all things. Then again the costume is slightly different anyway - or that could be the virus hitting in.

latest

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    LvQGsBD.png

I guess

---Brainwashed Tai

---Future Tai

--- V-tamer Tai

--- Someone who looks like Tai .

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    May be an effect of the darkness but the hair's colour is parctically identical to the coat, so I'd wager that's Ken.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    Maybe it's Taichi's son.

Also, I finally watched tri. It was as I expected, and I have the same thoughts still as I've mentioned before. Except now it's first-hand instead of what I've heard others say about the movie.

About this mysterious Kaiser-like character, saifors posted on With The Will:
    I'm rewatching 02 and came up with a possible explanation for the Emperor's appearance. It most likely has to do with the Dark Seeds, as far as I remember they weren't removed, just made inactive. And Demon still wanted them for unknown reasons, he was also never killed just sent to the Dark Ocean, maybe this has to do with him?
    It's an interesting theory. Maybe the Dark Seed reactivated because of the virus, and made Ken wear the Kaiser outfit again, only it's slightly different because Ken is older. Or something.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Maybe it's Taichi's son.
    unless time travel or cloning is involved, which is highly unlikely, it's impossible for it to be tai's child. tai's children.
    tai is 17 in tri. while it is possible that he could have knocked a girl up at some point before tri, its impossible for any offspring to be more then 6 years old. it's also immposible for him to have had a child and known about it before tri given how old his only child was at the end of 02.
    lets see...
    if he's 17 in tri...
    tri is set in 2005...
    the end of 02 was set in 2027...
    this is tai with his son when he's 39 years old.

clearly its not his son

Skip Class

Years
  • Spoiler:

Just gonna chuck this here since tumblr people decided to light it up a lot more

tumblr_inline_o16czp0Mbp1r8nwrj_540.png

tumblr_o11mqzKYPt1sq6uiao1_540.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    The hairstyle doesn't look right for Tai. I still reckon that's Ken.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Ether Davis become Digimon Emperor and taken the appearance of Tai due to his admiration.
    Or Future Tai time travel to help the present Tai.

And this, children, is why Famon was not chosen as a Digi Adv02 writer.

If I was the writer then Digi Adv02 wouldn't be that big disappointment !
    I would probably make sure Tai ending up with Mimi if Matt & Sora married each other.
    Also , I probably would showcase Davis as a real genius unlike Ken who receive Dark Spore.
    And Also because of that , Davis would understand the curse and loneliness of an genius as he himself was shunned by other children for his intellect in the Past which serve as a real reason for him acting like an idiot.
    Furthermore , He main reason for being so attach to Tai & Kari will be that they were his 1st friend that "Saved" him for becoming like Ken.
    Also , Both TK & Kari will be aware of Davis's intellect which happen to be a real reason behind Tai appointing him as the new leader . Its much better reason that lifting the Digiegg of Courage and wearing goggles like Tai .

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    The hairstyle doesn't look right for Tai. I still reckon that's Ken.
    at this point, for all we know that could be TK.
    i mean, look at the original digimon emperor in contrast with ken.
    2Q==
    160px-Ken.jpg
    latest

i'm pretty sure the digimon emperor has more hair then ken dose. the original one seems to be a manifestation ken's darkness: who ken was trying to be, his biggest regret, the one he resented and envied, the one whose shadow he wanted to worm out of.
    aka sam.
    113px-Ichijouji_osamu.jpg

you'll also notice that the original digimon emperor resembles sam more then it dose ken.
    160px-Ken.jpg
    latest
    113px-Ichijouji_osamu.jpg

also that the pic from the trailer dose not have the same hair as the original.

somehow i would not be surprised if the 02 kids got turned into a digimon emperor quartet.
    i'm actually a bit surprised i can't find fan art of other characters dressed as the digimon emperor other the yolei and shadow the hedgehog
    tumblr_n24rrr3kGm1qzw9fco1_500.png

digimon_emperor_shadow_by_sotamies007.jpg

regardless, the internet can lead you to places you wish you hadn't gone.
    this is not what i expected to find nor anything close to what i was looking for
    Spoiler:

click at your own risk.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    unless time travel or cloning is involved, which is highly unlikely, it's impossible for it to be tai's child. tai's children.
    tai is 17 in tri. while it is possible that he could have knocked a girl up at some point before tri, its impossible for any offspring to be more then 6 years old. it's also immposible for him to have had a child and known about it before tri given how old his only child was at the end of 02.
    lets see...
    if he's 17 in tri...
    tri is set in 2005...
    the end of 02 was set in 2027...
    this is tai with his son when he's 39 years old.

clearly its not his son
    The idea that the new Kaiser is Taichi's son was a joke from Tumblr. Along with the idea that Meiko is Ken and Miyako's daughter who traveled back to the past. Time travel is just one of the fun ideas the fandom is running with to explain a few of the issues in tri (aside from "bad writing").

Also, the epilogue was one of my favorite parts of 02. I know all about the characters, their ages in it, and what their kids look like.

also that the pic from the trailer dose not have the same hair as the original.
    Could just be a difference in art style.

Or perhaps Ken is growing out his hair to make it longer, like it is in the epilogue, since there are some little differences in the character designs that seem like "in-between" their 02 designs and their epilogue designs.

Another reason why it could be Ken is just from a merchandising standpoint. Ken is the only 02 Chosen to have a figurine released of him. The fans like Ken and would most likely want to see him in tri. Bringing him back this way (as the Kaiser) could work to tie in with the story of the virus that affected Imperialdramon and bring up the question of what to do if the virus can affect the human Chosen as well.

Skip Class

Years
  • Ca1clcwVAAEahEV.jpg

New visual that will be on the Blu-ray.

Also I've been following their twitter and they've been announcing toys that they're releasing with the movies. Would they have anything to do with the movies themselves? (cause I really don't know):

CacHBpKUsAAzfh2.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back