• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon- Not given enough credit?

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    Hmm, yes Digimon... I used to watch that a lot, though I forget what season it was or episode, because that was years ago, too bad it doesn't come on anymore.
    My favourite Digimon were and still are, Guimon and Metalgreymon. I also remember when I first got a digimon game, it was good, you had to build a town by defeating other Digimon around the world. That was for the PS1, and I also got another for the same console. That story was great, so many digimon to evolve into, they just kept evolving.
    Yeah, Digimon was actually pretty cool, in my opinion anyway.

Digimon World right? I had that too, it was fun but I could never digivolve my agumon to metalgreymon

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
    Years
    I personally believe that all 5 seasons of the Digimon anime, plus the movies & specials, pwn all of the Pokemon anime series, specials, and movies.

It's too bad that Digimon only had like 7 movies & 5 seasons, whereas Pokemon is still churning out new anime series and movies like crazy.

By the way, I have only seen Seasons 1-5 (all episodes and only english dubbed), and all of the movies (That have been english dubbed).

(If you can't tell by now, I watch ALL anime english dubbed ONLY, NO EXCEPTIONS)

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    Digimon was completely different to Pokémon. It may sound like a rip-off if you listen to the title, but just watch two episodes and there completely different, other than Evolving/Digivolving and the 'mon' in the titles.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Well, Digimon World 1 and 3 (well, for me 2003)are not as good as the Pokemon games, in my opinion, however I prefer the Digimon anime to the Pokemon anime, probably because I just dislike Pikach. :\ Anyway, I do believe that Digimon was 'not noticed much', however I still believe it is a good francise and I think, even though Digimon World 1 and 3/2003 were not as good as Pokemon games, they are still good in their own right :)

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I remember way back when when I saw Digimon for the first time.

"What's with the mon like pokemon in their titles? They can talk?? They evolve too? Wait, why don't they stay evolved? That's weak." I still loved it for quite a while though, but it could never be better than Indigo League for me.

I've been watching Digimon: Data Squad at 6:30 A.M. before school starts for the past few months, it's quite entertaining and FAR superior than the state the pokemon anime is in right now. I can't watch it anymore though, stupid Disney XD. They replaced it with that silly American Dragon show...

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    Loved this much more than Pokemon, I found the story to be far better and the characters had more depth, well in the first few series. I haven't watched it since the series with Guilmon. After that they I never saw anymore series shown, would love to see how it eventually ended and what new characters they brought in.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Frontier series was kinda meh-ish, Savers was only good cuz the Royal Knights showed up XD X-Evolution was freaking awesome. V-Tamer was also awesome. The first 3 seasons were pretty good in their own ways.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Have X-Evolution and V-Tamer been english dubbed yet?

V-tamer is one of the digimon mangas and, not being part of the anime storylines, hasn't been officially translated yet.
    X-Evolution is a 3DCG movie that came out before Savers, but, again, not being a part of the anime storylines, was ignored

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
    Years
    V-tamer is one of the digimon mangas and, not being part of the anime storylines, hasn't been officially translated yet.
    X-Evolution is a 3DCG movie that came out before Savers, but, again, not being a part of the anime storylines, was ignored

Sigh, those are stupid reasons for not Americanizing them :(.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    Here's a good reason for not Americanizing X-Evolution: it has lousy characters and garish visuals.

What I'm hoping is that if they eventually make a sixth anime series, they go back to what made Tamers so awesome: maturity. Even though the characters in Tamers were younger than the ones in the other seasons, something about the entire premise of the show just seemed more realistic and adult to me. I think the best aspect might have been that when Digimon died, they were dead. They didn't turn into digi-eggs, they were gone for good, which made parts of the story much more moving. Also, Takato was a nice break from the typical goggle-sporting, brave-but-thick-headed style of lead character.

I would say that Tamers was the best season. It had better developed characters than the others, and it was also when the backgrounds and animation made their first noticable improvement. Savers was also pretty good in this regard, but it had this certain cheesiness to it that may have come around because the characters didn't act as old as they reportedly were.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Digimon World right? I had that too, it was fun but I could never digivolve my agumon to metalgreymon

Lol, I never replied to this in like a month, but meh.
    I did get to evolve into metalgreymon, it's hard work, loads of training, I got him once, i could get him again but I kinda stopped playing that game, Digimon World 2003 is my fav one, the story is great, to evolve into metalgreymon in that game, you have to be at that factory place(whatever it's called). I also have Digimon Rumble Arena 2, it's not that great, the older ones are adventurous, that one is just batting. They are the only 3 games of it that I have. lol But I do know that there is a racing game of it for the GBA.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    The first three seasons (I especially like the second one, even though some people say it's just a rip-off of the first) are pretty damn cool; Nice characters with good fights and generic-yet-captivating story makes for a good anime for most young people that watch it.
    The fourth and fifth season (I didn't even bother to finish the fifth one) are not as fun/were released after my interest in the franchise has sort of died.

Putting that aside, the Playstation games (especially Digimon World 3 [2003]) are fantastic and the DS game are fun while they last.

Back