• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]

Those of you who liked the game and want to see more, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Pokemon Emerald (Gen III)

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • A Digimon hack of Pokemon Gold (Gen II)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Quit hacking forever because you didn't include my boy Apollomon

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Leg one of my Nova Red journey has been completed. Tai the Agumon has beaten both Brock and Misty.

My current move set could use some work, but I'm looking forward to sweeping the rest of the gyms given the two harder fights for a fire type are behind me.

Edit: A ponderance has occurred to me: Is there a Digimon who learns False Swipe, or a False Swipe equivalent?

Edit 2 (Electric Boogaloo): So, I managed to skip Surge and go straight to Erika. Doubling back wasn't too hard, and following it up by taking out Koga wasn't to difficult either. So, Tai the Agumon is now Tai the Wargraymon, which is fun.

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Love the hack, thanks for this!

Question though, I'm using VisualBoyAdvance and I'm not getting any audio

Hmm, that's strange. Check your VBA audio settings? Maybe it's on mute.

Leg one of my Nova Red journey has been completed. Tai the Agumon has beaten both Brock and Misty.

My current move set could use some work, but I'm looking forward to sweeping the rest of the gyms given the two harder fights for a fire type are behind me.

Edit: A ponderance has occurred to me: Is there a Digimon who learns False Swipe, or a False Swipe equivalent?

Nice. Agumon will get stronger if you replace Bubble Blow with Cut (Cut is actually a good move now). As for False Swipe, only the ToyAgumon line learns it.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey I was wondering if you made a move set for the Opposumon line, and have you thought of a typing for Cho-Hakkaimon?

Hi, thanks for your inquiry. There will be no significant updates to Nova Red for the foreseeable future beyond the occasional bug fix here and there.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Oh ok that sucks because I thought you were going to add the Opposumon Line into the game. Especially when you said the line could work and what type the first two evolutions were going to be. So I got my hopes up for nothing for this digimon line, it's definitely a niche line that you don't see at all. Now I know next time not to ask for a line to be put into this game, but it's alright tho.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    Just thought I'd check on something here: I found a Tsunomon in the Seafoam Islands, is that supposed to happen?

Edit: Btw, I beat Sabrina, Blaine, and Giovani. I then struggled against my rival until finally making it to the Elite 4. Updates to follow if they happen.

Edit 2: Okay, maybe I'm a giant dumb, but where is the Vs Seeker? I'm trying to get some last levels before throwing myself against the wall that is Loreli.

Edit the Third: BOOM BABY! Turns out Lance gave me enough of a final boost in XP for Tai the War Graymon to turn into an Omnimon. And with Omnimon's boosted stats Jeoph didn't stand a chance!

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just thought I'd check on something here: I found a Tsunomon in the Seafoam Islands, is that supposed to happen?

Edit: Btw, I beat Sabrina, Blaine, and Giovani. I then struggled against my rival until finally making it to the Elite 4. Updates to follow if they happen.

Edit 2: Okay, maybe I'm a giant dumb, but where is the Vs Seeker? I'm trying to get some last levels before throwing myself against the wall that is Loreli.

Edit the Third: BOOM BABY! Turns out Lance gave me enough of a final boost in XP for Tai the War Graymon to turn into an Omnimon. And with Omnimon's boosted stats Jeoph didn't stand a chance!

Yep, the Seafoam Islands have all sorts of Ice Digimon. You can even catch a Bukamon (water starter) there if you're patient enough.

Also I love how the timing of your levels worked out so dramatically. What an epic climax to get Omnimon for the very last battle!

(Oh, and about the VS Seeker, it's been temporarily removed. The reason is because I didn't go through the effort of hacking the mons that will appear in VS Seeker rematches. One day when I have more time I'll put them back in)

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2024
    I know you're probably tired of people offering ideas for mechanics and digimon loadouts and whathave you, but an idea came to me for a potentially interesting setup: Utilizing Mega Evolution/Dynamaxing mechanics you could use held Digi-eggs/Ancient Spirit Totems to make a lesser digimon digivolve into a greater one for a short while in battle (Like the D2 kids using the armor eggs, or the Frontier kids turning into the hybrids). This'd have to be tested and tweaked for balance purposes, but I think it could be cool from a mechanical standpoint, and I think would lend itself very well to a more in depth hack, like, with event modifications and an altered story.

I've no idea how to go about this, but I figured I'd share.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I know you're probably tired of people offering ideas for mechanics and digimon loadouts and whathave you, but an idea came to me for a potentially interesting setup: Utilizing Mega Evolution/Dynamaxing mechanics you could use held Digi-eggs/Ancient Spirit Totems to make a lesser digimon digivolve into a greater one for a short while in battle (Like the D2 kids using the armor eggs, or the Frontier kids turning into the hybrids). This'd have to be tested and tweaked for balance purposes, but I think it could be cool from a mechanical standpoint, and I think would lend itself very well to a more in depth hack, like, with event modifications and an altered story.

I've no idea how to go about this, but I figured I'd share.

My other hack, Digimon Emerald Project, has that. A few Digimon can Mega evolve in battle into something really OP but then revert back two forms when the battle is done.

I know it's possible to implement Mega Evolution in this rom base as well but it's more difficult and I don't really know how.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2022
    When i tried to play pokemon nova red in my boy it saya unrecognized gba file

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    Hi! Sorry to bother but I'm a bit confused and not sure if it's pssibly due to an unlisted bug? I just spoke to the Aide at Fuchsia City (with 50 Kanto-dex Digimon caught) and he said he gave me the EXP Share, but the text glitched out and kind of wrote over itself, if that makes sense? Now I don't have an EXP Share at all, though I did find a gift digimon in my PC Box. Was the EXP Share moved elsewhere, perhaps? I know there isn't an EXP All but not having the single Share was confusing.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello. Can we get a completely revamped region?

Not a chance. :p I'm not a game designer. Just an amateur hacker.

Hi! Sorry to bother but I'm a bit confused and not sure if it's pssibly due to an unlisted bug? I just spoke to the Aide at Fuchsia City (with 50 Kanto-dex Digimon caught) and he said he gave me the EXP Share, but the text glitched out and kind of wrote over itself, if that makes sense? Now I don't have an EXP Share at all, though I did find a gift digimon in my PC Box. Was the EXP Share moved elsewhere, perhaps? I know there isn't an EXP All but not having the single Share was confusing.

Thanks for the heads-up! You get the Exp Share from another aide. The one in Fuchsia gives you Moon=Milleniummon. Sorry if the glitched out text was confusing. I'll get on patching that.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2023
    Hey. I got Nyokimon to level 10 but they did not evolve. It is listed as evolving at level 10 both here and in the documentation provided with the download. Just wanted to ask if perhaps the level to evolve is incorrectly listed or something else?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hey. I got Nyokimon to level 10 but they did not evolve. It is listed as evolving at level 10 both here and in the documentation provided with the download. Just wanted to ask if perhaps the level to evolve is incorrectly listed or something else?

My bad, it's actually level 15.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2022
    There seems to be a bug with Elecmon's catch rate in the grass to the right of celadon city. Even with 1hp, paralyzed, and over 100 digiballs the ball never even shook once.

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2022
    Hi! I am playing through and had seen about the Digitamons having Lucky Egg and Oval Stone. I was wondering if that got removed. I have used thief on about 20-25 of them in the tower and have gotten no items at all

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi! I am playing through and had seen about the Digitamons having Lucky Egg and Oval Stone. I was wondering if that got removed. I have used thief on about 20-25 of them in the tower and have gotten no items at all

Oh, that was from a way earlier version. Sorry. :p

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2022
    Game is very unstable. My save game got deleted randomly so I got an exp cheat to help me get back to where I was faster, crashed and deleted upon opening the pc. Not wasting my time getting back hours of gameplay

Back