• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Digimon Nova Red ver. 3.1 [COMPLETED] [UPDATED 8.12.2022]

Those of you who liked the game and want to see more, what would you like to see next?

• A Digimon hack of Pokemon Emerald (Gen III)

Votes: 33 75.0%
  • A Digimon hack of Pokemon Gold (Gen II)

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Quit hacking forever because you didn't include my boy Apollomon

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
Years
    • Seen today
    Just recently finished my second playthrough (my first was about 2 years ago lol). Though it is been 2 years, I am still amazed by the sprites quality, it really is THAT good.

Difficulty is cool, though it is hard to level up without grinding in wild mons. I barely touched lv68 after beating all the trainers. But thank you for putting in rare candy on the elite four, lv72 instantly and I easily blasted through E4 with this team (Minervamon front sprite is so cool btw, I can't get over with it)

To be honest I am still not satisfied with the movepool learnsets and TMs distribution, same problem in my Digimon Emerald Project comments, some Digimon have a really limited moveset while the enemy (E4 and all that) have the best coverage moves in the game.

So I kinda made a modification of your game... Really sorry for not telling you anything. But i have not published anything yet and I'm just messing around with the data as of right now. I kinda wanted to try CFRU or Pokeemerald decomp for a better base but it is a lot of work to be putting 353 new species, not to mention inserting its sprites manually so, yeah i just kind of gave up lmao.

But as for my modification before, i had plans of polishing digimon's stats spread and base stats, evolution, movepool, ability and all that, sadly I think i'm not in that CFRU/decomp level yet. (I just wanted to tell you this story because I kinda feel bad for messing with your game for a long time, I hope its okay)

Best of luck, OP!
    View attachment 107148

Glad you enjoy the game! The sprites were meant to be the main draw; as you know I wasn't really a fan of the direction the other Digimon rom hacks took with their sprites. Oh, and be my guest when it comes to hacking the game to shift some data around, as long as you don't publish anything. There are enough (older) versions of both my games floating around the net as it is... most websites still claim Nova Red only has 151 Digimon.🙄 I recommend PokemonGameEditor or HexManiacAdvance if you want to change any of the Digimons' data. They're both really simple programs and easy to use.

trdtrl

clear throat
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2024
    Glad you enjoy the game! The sprites were meant to be the main draw; as you know I wasn't really a fan of the direction the other Digimon rom hacks took with their sprites.
    Same tbh, other Digimon hacks usually used small sprites V-Pet style and it definitely didn't match with Pokemon's aesthetic. I love how you handle the sprites here with angle and poses while maintaining Digimon's size, it fits well and definitely looks really cool!
    Oh, and be my guest when it comes to hacking the game to shift some data around, as long as you don't publish anything. There are enough (older) versions of both my games floating around the net as it is... most websites still claim Nova Red only has 151 Digimon.🙄 I recommend PokemonGameEditor or HexManiacAdvance if you want to change any of the Digimons' data. They're both really simple programs and easy to use.
    Is it fine if I use the newest version of Nova Red? Though I don't have the usable INIs for them so I don't think PGE would work(?)

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Same tbh, other Digimon hacks usually used small sprites V-Pet style and it definitely didn't match with Pokemon's aesthetic. I love how you handle the sprites here with angle and poses while maintaining Digimon's size, it fits well and definitely looks really cool!

Is it fine if I use the newest version of Nova Red? Though I don't have the usable INIs for them so I don't think PGE would work(?)

Haha well I shouldn't toot my own horn too much. There's definitely a handful of sprites that I failed pretty miserably at lol. But overall I'm satisfied with them. :)

Here's PGE with all the INIs: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5s0ww08j68gkn9h/Pokémon+Game+Editor.zip/file

trdtrl

clear throat
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2024
    Days
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    A couple type choices really baffled me - WereGarurumon really should be at least part fighting type, Dokugumon has poison in the name and should have it in its typing.
    That said, I just beat the game and I had a ton of fun playing it, thank you for making it!

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    A couple type choices really baffled me - WereGarurumon really should be at least part fighting type, Dokugumon has poison in the name and should have it in its typing.
    That said, I just beat the game and I had a ton of fun playing it, thank you for making it!

But WereGarurumon would then immediately lose its Fighting type once it evolves into MetalGarurumon. Which, I mean come on, has to be Ice-Steel. As for Dokugumon, I get what you're saying but the idea is Fanbeemon is an insect rookie with the power to branch into multiple different typings. Having a Bug-Dark seemed more exotic and cool.

Glad you enjoyed anyway! Thanks for playing!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hello, Playing through the game for the first time! Liking it all but I was wondering something. I made it to Vermilion but I could not find the Vs. Seeker anywhere, did you move it or take it out of the game for more of a challenge?

Last edited:

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hello, Playing through the game for the first time! Liking it all but I was wondering something. I made it to Viridian but I could not find the Vs. Seeker anywhere, did you move it or take it out of the game for more of a challenge?

Glad you're liking it. :) VS Seeker has been removed. It was too much work at the time to edit every trainer three times.

Days
    • Seen Oct 5, 2023
    Hey, I am enjoying this hack so far, but am looking to see if the exp share is still in the game. I see in the FAQ you are against the exp all. I was hoping the normal exp share might still be in it, It really helps with the switch training, im doing to fill the dex?

Days
    • Seen Oct 6, 2023
    Hello, this is a great game but i have a little problem... i chose koromon as first digimon but cant find the other 2.
    bukamon on digidex say it is on seafom island but i cant find him and tanemon say uknown area.
    May i have to beat the elite four first?

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Hey, I am enjoying this hack so far, but am looking to see if the exp share is still in the game. I see in the FAQ you are against the exp all. I was hoping the normal exp share might still be in it, It really helps with the switch training, im doing to fill the dex?

Sorry, no plans for the exp share at the moment.

Hello, this is a great game but i have a little problem... i chose koromon as first digimon but cant find the other 2.
    bukamon on digidex say it is on seafom island but i cant find him and tanemon say uknown area.
    May i have to beat the elite four first?

All Digimon locations included on the front page. :)

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    2 Questions

1) Where can i get a Lucky Egg.
    2) What's the deal with Moonmilleniummon. Does it learn any other attack before Digivolution

Days
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Where can I grind for exp in late game? Doesn't have vs seeker or exp share/all.
    maybe try adjusting the exp of wild encounters.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Where can I grind for exp in late game? Doesn't have vs seeker or exp share/all.
    maybe try adjusting the exp of wild encounters.

Victory Road would be the obvious choice, unless you want to grind up Fire or Steel types. If your mons that are weak to Ground moves it might be better to grind them up on Islands 1, 2, or 3.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Is it gonna be updated with angoramon and jellymon? Just ask... Great romhack and thank for a great work...

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen today
    Is it gonna be updated with angoramon and jellymon? Just ask... Great romhack and thank for a great work...

Glad you enjoyed it! But no more plans for updates. The game is essentially in its final version.
    Jellymon has, however, been added to Digimon Crystal... if I ever end up finishing it lol

Back