• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth Complete Edition

Ageha1304

Ageha
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2022
    So what are your thoughts on this game and on digimon in general? What are your favourite digimon?
    I personally love this game, I love the story (I hate Navit missions though, just a waste of Time), love digimon and their evolutions. Sometimes I wish gamefreak would make a more mature Pokemon game, something similar to Cyber Sleuth.

pkmin3033

Cyber Sleuth is a pretty mediocre game, honestly. The gameplay is addicting and extremely enjoyable, but the narrative is downright BAD and the characters are absolutely insufferable. It starts off brilliantly but quickly descends into mundane stupidity and keeps you there for pretty much the entire game...and it's riddled with translation errors. Really irritating ones.

Hacker's Memory, on the other hand, is fantastic. Same great gameplay with improvements and additions, and an excellent cast and strong narrative to support it this time. It recycles an awful lot from the first game, but that's to be expected and it's not really a bad thing when the biggest problem with the original was the story and cast. Not quite as many translation errors either.

...no English dub is a strike against both, but eh, it's a strike against a lot of Japanese titles these days.

Overall these games are well worth your time on Switch, though. The gameplay makes them well worth playing...just mute the voices and skip any cutscenes with Nokia in them.

Ageha1304

Ageha
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2022
    I agree that you should skip scenes with Nokia. Omnimon is wasted on her.

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Yeh I bought it and I am still not done with Cyber Sleuth yet; I do have both games on PS4 and had completed them but I needed to burn some times before Sword and Shield comes in.

I think the game is pretty cool, though I am working extra hard to get mons I prefers this time, like Lucemon's line. Am also going for Omnimon Zwart this time.

Last edited:

Ageha1304

Ageha
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2022
    Yeh I bought it and I am still not done with Cyber Sleuth yet; I do have both games on PS4 and had completed them but I needed to burn some times before Sword and Shield comes in.

I see I am not the only one wasting time on digimon. Same here. Did not want to play old Pokemon games so I would not burn out when the new game comes out.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I thought Cyber Sleuth was alright. I spent way more time grinding and completing evolution trees than the actual story (which was remarkably boring and still somehow way too busy for its own good) but.. doesn't everyone do that? :o

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I already had the PS4 version of the first game. However I was never able to finish it due to it crashing my PS4 right in the middle of the story.

I picked up the Switch version just recently and managed to get at least past that point. I also have a team that is really busted thanks to the broken farming mechanic. xD

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    What did you do?
    I can't seem to find Patches for natures in the Switch version at all which really annoyed me.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
    I've never played any Digimon game but I'm pretty interested in getting it now that's on Switch and it's probably going to be one of my next gaming purchases.

Years
    I already have Cyber Sleuth on the Vita so I just want Hackers Memory. However I found Cyber Sleuth a little boring (well I haven't completed it yet, I got stuck and cannot just find a way to get past the area.) The only Switch game I've bought is Attack on Titan 2. And I only got a Switch last year, the Switch Lite.
    The only other Digimon games I've played before is some of Digimon Racing, Digimon Battle Spirit, Digimon World DS, and Digimon Wonderswan games with Ken and Ryo. Oh, I do own a copy of Digimon All Star Rumble, which I had to import from Sydney, because apparently only people in Sydney in this counrty likes Digimon.

There are a lot of Digimon Japan only games and things though, which is really annoying.

I'm quite enjoying Digimon ReArize on the phone though, that's fun, and the new Digimon Herissmon is cute. Well I know its been out for a few years, but its new to me. There's a lot of new Digimon I don't know about.

Never got to play Linkz it was only in Japanese anyway, wasn't it?

If Game Freak did make a mature Pokemon game maybe I might get into it again, but for the time being, I'm still not into it anymore... :/

Last edited by a moderator:

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    These were the BEST Digimon games I have EVER played. Legitimately. If your being turned off with no english dub... don't be. The story and music make up for it completely.

With these games and Survive coming... Digimon is fully in a comeback.

now put it in Smash goddammit

Last edited:
    Back