• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[DISCUSSION THREAD] Pictures of You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    How about we? stay on topic.

Your supposed to discuss the pictures in the other thread, not discuss the vanity and shallowness of members on PC, you can make a thread for that. =/

After seeing people's ability to "discuss", I won't be doing that anytime soon.

Really, though, it is hard to take constructive criticism from you, when you failed at trolling me, and then turn to posting trite.

No because on PC if a majority disagrees with what you are saying, be it valid or not, they label you as a troll and go e-furious on you in puiblic to try and look clever. It's like 1940s Russia.

I really have to practice my "Baaing", right? Nice comparison, although I would have used 1790s France, but hey, whatever floats your boat!

Sorry lads, and lasses, and all those in between, for any offense, angst, and emo behaviour, that I may have caused - directly or indirectly.

Take two - omg ftw bbq derpa derpa, poster numa 12 looks sooooooo hotttttt - omg I wansta eat chu up like Frunch toast, and den slurp you dowwn like a milkshake! zomg! roflroflrofl lolo

Is that better?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    After seeing people's ability to "discuss", I won't be doing that anytime soon.

Really, though, it is hard to take constructive criticism from you, when you failed at trolling me, and then turn to posting trite.

I really have to practice my "Baaing", right? Nice comparison, although I would have used 1790s France, but hey, whatever floats your boat!

Sorry lads, and lasses, and all those in between, for any offense, angst, and emo behaviour, that I may have caused - directly or indirectly.

Take two - omg ftw bbq derpa derpa, poster numa 12 looks sooooooo hotttttt - omg I wansta eat chu up like Frunch toast, and den slurp you dowwn like a milkshake! zomg! roflroflrofl lolo

Is that better?

Dude, I can honestly see your frustration. There are a lot of people who DO post pictures just to get noticed and get compliments. But personally, I think telling those people that they're retarded and shallow and whatnot isn't gonna stop them NOR make them realize it.. because, as you probably even pointed out, they aren't mature enough to take an opinion that is opposing from their own and turn it into constructive criticism.

At the same time, I don't think pointing out that people here are shallow is the way to go unless you wanna start an argument or debate just because you're in the mood for rebutting. Take a little bit of your own advice for that one moment. I see your point of view but I see this whole thing as a debate more than a discussion.. and personally.. I think it's a debate that isn't going anywhere because people generally don't like to be called negative things..

It isn't your duty to point out the obvious, or to point out why another person might be bothering you, and it really isn't a loss to accept that some people are way to stubborn to change. You've been at it for pages and I'm pretty sure you're either sick and tired of seeing people not accepting your views, or pumped because you might get a chance to throw another one of your opinions in their faces. Personal insults aren't really discussing anything.. :/ It sorta stops becoming a debate, too, and just starts becoming cyber-bullying, really.. and I dunno.. I guess I just find that a little sad for someone who obviously has some valid points and opinions to end up becoming.. Cause everyone's just gonna say "You're a troll, you suck" and not take you seriously.. and then it just becomes about the whole "I'm right, you're wrong" thing.. which just fuels narcissism.. and then you'll end up becoming what you accused other people of being.. (vain, etc)

Either way, it's not gonna end well.. soo.. I seriously recommend just accepting that people are set in their own strange mindsets. It's not a loss if you "back away" it's actually just proving your own point..

I dunno man, it's up to you.. but I personally just would like to see people moving the heck on...

Just sayin'

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Kura: Yes, I stopped when I realised that "discussion", over here means, "Be completely intolerant of the opposing person's position. Just reply with petty insults, label them with names that possess negative connotations (e.g. troll), and disguise your hypocrisy under the guise of "constructive posts".

I don't agree with everything that you said, but I do take it on the chin, nonetheless. I have made several attempts at actually ending the "discussion", including apologising, but it seems revival is inevitable. I've learned a lesson or two - which is more than I can say for an obstinate few...

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Kura: Yes, I stopped when I realised that "discussion", over here means, "Be completely intolerant of the opposing person's position. Just reply with petty insults, label them with names that possess negative connotations (e.g. troll), and disguise your hypocrisy under the guise of "constructive posts".

I don't agree with everything that you said, but I do take it on the chin, nonetheless. I have made several attempts at actually ending the "discussion", including apologising, but it seems revival is inevitable. I've learned a lesson or two - which is more than I can say for an obstinate few...

Yeah I guess that's understandable..
    And I don't agree with everything you said earlier either but at the same time, I try to look past that and find common ground. Yeah it can be super frustrating and stuff when people can't find common ground.. but I dunno.. maybe find another way to prove your point? Make a poll or something in OVP and ask if the public generally thinks that people who post pictures are shallow and vain? I dunno.. I just find that much more constructive than doing it there.. because then you can have opinions of more people than just the ones that post pictures.. You know.. a slightly wider demographic might be better?

Just say that you're done, I guess? If people wanna keep bringing it up, then they're just being immature about it and they're the ones that wanna pick the fights. If they quote you again and try to look like a smartass.. then just ignore 'em and use your time for better, more constructive stuff.

That's just my two cents.. and I think everyone wants to move forward so I hope we can from this point onwards..

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Kura: Thank you very much for the constructive criticism. I appreciate it greatly. I don't see the need to press the members of this community any further on the issue, but thank you for the wise suggestion, regardless.

It's just slightly ironical, that you continue to bring this up...

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    How was that a good ITT? It was an insult that usually comes from a 3 year old. My reply wiped the floor with yours.

Troll? It's funny how you label me as a troll, as a veneer for your failure to discuss in a reasonable manner, my opinion on the "Post your picture thread". You didn't call me one originally, but as soon as you realise that your petty discord just doesn't cut it, it is all hands on deck with the troll labelling!

You were never arguing with me. All I wanted is a discussion, but I didn't even get that. How is the thread dead? It is meant to be a place to "discuss any of the pictures from the post thread". I did this; I provided my opinion. I don't see how it is offensive, or why you feel the need to reply to it if your post has no relevance to the subject at hand.

So I'm a troll? Coming from you, that is quite self-righteous. Please tell me how my posts in this thread resemble "someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages". I quipped about "poopnoodle"'s punctuation, and replied tit for tat with the lame insults, and stupid images, but that's it. You would be hard done by to call that trolling.

"Ah, a much needed explanation from Ultimate. NOW you guys can get to arguing."

Apparently they already have. I am deemed as a troll, and therefore everything I said is rendered void. How convenient!

Here's a timeline.

1. I come in, and make a perfectly reasonable observation, from the picture thread.
    2. Replies are made in this manner "omgbbq derpa derpa, let me troll you!!! I post irrelevent points. Here's a stupid image! Here's a petty insult!
    3. I reinforce my position.
    4. Repeat of step 2.
    5. Repeat of step 3.
    6. I am declared a troll, in a vain attempt to nullify all that I said.

Jason is the only guy here that knows the meaning of the word "discuss", it seems.

Get over yourself and talk about the topic at hand. This discussion should be lighthearted, not exactly a debate.
    If you want to make a serious discussion, make it in another thread please. To many, you're ruining the atmosphere of what Pictures of You Discussion really is.

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Kura- love the hair! my favorite shade of blue :^)

reyzn- you're really cute, nice pics! ;-)

penguin- thank you for your service my dude :^)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Yay, I got new pictures up. :D

@Erik: omg, I hate curly hair too. D:
    @Kura: epic blue highlights! >:D

Flipnotic

shroomylove.blogspot.com
    Years
    Alright, im gonna comment everyone's pictures on page 11, since i have nothing else to do.....

@Chrono- nice smile!

@KieronGames-uh, you look kind of sleepy, aha.

@WorldKing- god, your making me hungry with all that food -.-

@pokejungle- im loving the new haircut ^.^

@SottoVoce- nice grad pictures, your glasses are quite cool.

@Dawg2005- you have some nice hair there ;P

@Reina- its a bit blurry, but you have nice eyes, even though i can barely see them -.-

@Serence Grace- i swear, everyone here has a nice smile -_-

@Flipnotic- i love your glasses o_o, and the second picture looks amazing o_o

@ThatsTakao- i envy your hair D:<, Paramore is awesome :]

@SegaSaturnGirl- lucky, i've always wanted to be on a forecast..

@Chloroform Girl- you have nice eyes.

okay, that took me forever to type out..
    i hope all everyones self esteem on page 11 went up at least a bit ^_-

.....i want some comments back.
    lmao, jk.

aw thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuu :D

damn another flip? j/k im proud of my race, I like your style Flipnotic :^)

lol salamat :D

attn: Flipnotic and Chloroform Girl

You are both really hot, if you don't mind me saying. :P

thank you! :D

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Nice flipnotic =]

oh and Kura is soooooo pretty!!

@hiphiphippo: you look saddened :P

@igiko: hahaha I tanned a little too recently

@jubilation: I did that with my friend a couple of weeks ago....we got pretty high up on the swings lol

@reflux: you gotta let that 'stache grow haha

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Finally someone posted a comment about me.

I was beginning to think I wasn't as pretty as the other girls.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back