• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Discussion Thread

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • If I ever see this idea as an icon theme [DPPt Battles], that will actually make me laugh out loud so much. I might be like CME over there rolling on the floor, lol.

However, my only question is that...When will voting begin for the Icontest #1?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • After a week, of submissions, I'm guessing. Like SOTW.

That makes sense seeing as though tomorrow will mark the one week sign up. I've got to say though it will be hard to vote because this is a lot entries. And seeing as it is freestyle, they aren't all the same making it a bit more difficult.

However, like said, when the competitions gets to be more specific I'm sure there will be a bit less entries and maybe it might be all the more easier to vote. As I think about it, I'm all for the DPPt battle icons, rofl!

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • The amount of entries will probably decrease with different themes, but I still think this will get more entries than your average SOTW. No matter how crazy the theme, icons are still fairly easy to put together and aren't nearly as time consuming as tags.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • The main reason why I really slowed down on signature banners was because the amount of time they might take. Adding new layers, situating the text, color, etc. Not to mention it is a larger space to work with and more to fill. However, with icons it is more so getting a nice shot of the image or perspective and playing around with it a bit. So, I definitely agree, for those who enjoy icons there may just be a bit more entries than the average SOTW competition we have.

When I actually think about DPPt Battle icons, I picture them actually looking quite nice surprisingly, lol. Who wants to bet more so the Uber or OU tier may be shown in battle for the icons though. XD

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    ... Really? The smaller space is exactly why I hate icons. xD;
    It's so much harder to put your own touch to it. <A<;

But I suck at icons, so rly. :P

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Loki, please don't lie to me, XD. You are one of those known to make great icons just like CME, Dukey, and Gummy is as well. Compared to at least you, I'm way at the bottom. :[

However, the small space can sometimes be hard to work with for some, I find that the case for me as well. Low quality images just makes it worse as well because it ends up becoming somewhat distorted. Neverthless, what I enjoy about banners is that you can really be creative with it. So, both icons and signature banners have their wins and losses [like everything else].

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Loki, please don't lie to me, XD. You are one of those known to make great icons just like CME, Dukey, and Gummy is as well. Compared to at least you, I'm way at the bottom. :[

However, the small space can sometimes be hard to work with for some, I find that the case for me as well. Low quality images just makes it worse as well because it ends up becoming somewhat distorted. Neverthless, what I enjoy about banners is that you can really be creative with it. So, both icons and signature banners have their wins and losses [like everything else].

If you made the ones in your sig, I'd consider you to be up there as well. I quite liked Loki's entry for this IOTW, but my favorite is Dukey's *surprise surprise*

Reactions: Guy

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Pokemon battle shots ftw.

Can't wait to see them, lol. I'm in the mood for a good laugh. xD

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • This will be a hard vote for me, as like I've said there were a lot of good entires. Though, there were a few at first that I saw that may have caught my attention. I also see that the second test is up, but I haven't checked the theme as yet. So, this will be interesting. :)

@ Gummy, I did make those icons I am currently using. Thank you for the compliment as I take it in with appreciation.

EDIT: Pokémon theme for the win, and battle shots too, lol. Nice choice for the second theme with Icons, it fits in perfectly.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    It was between Dukey, Gummy, and Loki for me. Loki won though since I liked how she used the black in the icon. Dukey's and Gummy's seemed a little too bright for me.

@ Let's Get Lost Together.: You still have to use that Darth Vader balloon I gave you. xD

Back