• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dissapearing Pokémon?

Sora267

Teh Epic Awesomesauce0rz
Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    I was looking for a Snorlax in my Pearl and I was pretty sure I had one, but it was gone...My Pokedex still said I had one before, and I've never traded a Snorlax to anyone or released a pokemon.

Years
  • I don't think it ever happened to me. Once I was searching for my Dialga, and when I couldn't find it, I thought it disappeared. I found it later that day, and I learned that I had just misplaced it. Some of my pokemon were deleted in emerald cause of the cloning glitch, but they weren't important.

Years
  • Something similar happened to me in Emerald. I caught a Rayquaza and a couple days later it turned into a missingno. Some people wouldn't consider that a bad thing.

Years
  • It's only happened to me once in Silver version. I lost my Hoothoot :(
    Ever since then, I've never experienced it, though.

Years
    • Age 29
    • USA
    • Seen Aug 22, 2010
    This happened to me once. I remember how infuriated I was! I lost my EV trained Gallade! He had really high Attack and Magic Attack! D:

3Trainerpoké1

used Comet Punch!
    Years
  • Yeah, no.

I've had this happen before. It's not a glitch. Pokemon CAN and WILL run away from you if they are in the pc for a long time, or even have just been put in.
    It happened to my Blastoise in LeafGreen. I actually was training a Seaking from lvl 99 to lvl 100 in victory road (rock pokes ftw) and I went to my pc to pull out my blastoise for the E4, and it's gone. It's not a glitch.

joelogs

region Explorer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    i've experienced something like this too when i was starting out in pearl. i was during that time that i caught a pachirisu, zubat, and ... (i forgot the third) and it was on the dex. after a day they were all missing in the box and not in the daycare of course cause i was still in floaroma that time.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Oh right yeah, something never happened to you, so it clearly never happens.

I must have accidentally gone through 2 menus and forgotten that I clicked them.

im not saying it never happened im just saying maybe you deleted it see the key word there MAYBE you moron i did not say it never happens

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    lol. I've started wandering around with:

Shiny Latias, Shiny Latioss (both with pokerus),Arceus, PCPichu, Darkrai, and whatever i'm training. makes things go slow, but i never can release them. And i gave tons of pokes pokerus before boxing them so i can get it back

Suzume

Fire Fist
    Years
  • In my Yellow, I suddenly couldn't find my two favourite pokemon, Charizard and Pikachu anywhere. I checked everywhere, but I didn't find them. I was almost crying (well, I was really young) and called my friend in panic. She replied: "Oh, I traded them to my game so I could train them. I forgot to mention this to you I guess." Man, was I angry at my friend. :P I got them back later though.

In all seriousness, I've never really lost a pokemon that way, and I hope I'll never do. Sounds scary, it's a good thing I don't know how to clone~

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^kudos on the One Piece sig :D

I don't lose pokemon, real men keep 'em >=D

Terror

I do all my own stunts.
    Years
  • im not saying it never happened im just saying maybe you deleted it see the key word there MAYBE you moron i did not say it never happens

You clearly were though, use of the word "maybe" in that context obviously means you think that's exactly what happened.

Don't try to cover your tracks and insult me to draw attention away from that fact.

Suzumiya Haruhi

The Kawaii Guy ^ _ ^
    Years
  • Has anyone on D/P/Pt ever had a Pokémon go missing?

I know I had a slugma, because I saw it in a box yesterday (took magcargo instead) because I heard it speeds up the hatch times of eggs.

I was organising my boxes today in the PC and noticed that the slugma was no where to be seen (not in daycare either, or in my party).

Has anyone else ever noticed a Pokémon disappearing? Is there some way to protect my legendaries/rares from going?

(the pokédex entry for slugma still says "caught").
    You didnt give it shoal salt did you?

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • i had a Cranidos off GTS n a few days ago I wanted to take it but it was NOWhERE !
    Later , I found it in the Day Care but I am suree I didn't put it there o_0

Back