• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dissapearing Pokémon?

Years
  • I've never had this happened, but my friends cousin has had the weirdest glitch.
    He was playing diamond, he kept restarting the game, and finnaly saw a shining Dialga. He caught it.
    Then the next day, it was gone, but in its place was a...*shivers* Missing no.
    Then the next day, the shining dialga was back, but then all of his pokemon were shining. (thats kinda better)
    But then, he took the Dilga into his party, and the next time he put the Dialga in his PC, it was a shining palkia.
    So he was like WTF!!!!????!!!!!????
    Then, a month after that, gone. So he waited another month, it randomly appaired in random tall grass, same Lvl and everything.

And another time, my friend Saw a missing no. in Platinum o.O
    He forgot how, but then, it evolved into a Kanghaskan. (i know thats what it evolves into in yellow, but wait)
    Then, the next day, it evolved (randomly, no battle or anything) into a Bulbasaur. It was just really weird. But after that, no glitches, at all! It then evolved into a venasaur at lvl 99. Which is kinda a glitch. But still, really weird. (and im not making this up)

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Can I just state that this thread was with the intention of vanilla (not AR'd, no glitches etc.) pokemon games from Gen IV, in normal gameplay, no crashes while saving, no wifi disconnects, no failed cloning attempts etc. .

I definitely had the slugma in question, I don't really care about loosing it, I'm just worried that I might loose my Manaphy, or something.

Previously I thought I had lost pokemon, but put it down to "bad memory" as you stated, but this particular pokemon I was looking at just the night before, while discussing it with my GF. I hatched a couple of eggs, saved, went to bed and in the morning the slugma had disappeared from the PC.

The reason this may not be a well known glitch might be that it has some pretty unique conditions (just look at the Gen1 mew glitch(es)). Another reason might be that people simply assume they've just forgotten what they've done with the pokemon in question.

(plus I had the slugma in my 'dex, and I've not even traded online with this game yet).
    That wasn't really aimed at you either... But anyway, people are likely to tell stories in agreement with you that are totally stretched out till there's barely any truth remaining, just because it is fun to tell stories like that and it makes them feel special. I am no different, actually I know that because I used to do that all the time. In fact I still get the urge to. xD One reason I feel inclined to believe your story is because you mentioned how recently you last saw it, also yours is the original story and has nothing tacked onto it along with it. It is only a story about a Pokémon disappearing. It does not involve shiny orange Pokémon or Lake Valor or anything.

I've never had this happened, but my friends cousin has had the weirdest glitch.
    He was playing diamond, he kept restarting the game, and finnaly saw a shining Dialga. He caught it.
    Then the next day, it was gone, but in its place was a...*shivers* Missing no.
    Then the next day, the shining dialga was back, but then all of his pokemon were shining. (thats kinda better)
    But then, he took the Dilga into his party, and the next time he put the Dialga in his PC, it was a shining palkia.
    So he was like WTF!!!!????!!!!!????
    Then, a month after that, gone. So he waited another month, it randomly appaired in random tall grass, same Lvl and everything.

And another time, my friend Saw a missing no. in Platinum o.O
    He forgot how, but then, it evolved into a Kanghaskan. (i know thats what it evolves into in yellow, but wait)
    Then, the next day, it evolved (randomly, no battle or anything) into a Bulbasaur. It was just really weird. But after that, no glitches, at all! It then evolved into a venasaur at lvl 99. Which is kinda a glitch. But still, really weird. (and im not making this up)
    If you're not, your friend definitely is. That is about the most ridiculous story ever. And this is pretty much what I was talking about. D:

Lucario's Girl

ルカリオ
    Years
  • I had a level 87 Milotic.I went to go get it because I wanted to lower Heatran's HP so I could catch him...But when I looked in my box she wasnt there...I'm 120% sure I did not trade her,And 999% sure I didn't release her.My Empoleon was too stong to lower heatran's HP and the fire pokemon I had was too weak and had seriously low HP...

Edit: I'm also sure that I didn't leave it in the daycare..

Last edited:
    Years
  • I was talking about this.

similar thing hapened ot me and my friend.

we did trade evolutions.

i sent electabuzz/magmar to him and he sent graveler/kadabra

when we were seinding them back,we lost wifi.

and they were gone from our parties.

crazy thing is he caught the electabuzz and magmar later on in the wild.i found his golem while surfing at lake valor.lol
    doesnt really matter if you believe me or not.It happened.

What reason would I have to lie about this or make it up?

come on now...

and the graveler shiny is a darker shade of orange in my eyes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2010
    My shiny corphish dissapeared once

i blame it on ash scaring it away.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    I don't think your Pokemon can just randomly disappear like that, what probably happened is you placed it in the PC somewhere and can't find it.

PrismoStar

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • Huh, that's really strange. It's definatley a glitch because if someone stole it, you would have a Pokemon you never caught.

Kitsune Genetica

Tea and crumpets!
    Years
  • While this is a proven, documented phenomenon (I should know, it happened to my Typhlosion) people still don't know what causes it. Just bad luck, I guess.

RIP Slugma (and Typhlosion) -_-'

Lunaby

I draw a pretty awesome Toucan
    Years
  • I had a lvl 83-ish Kingdra disappear from my Ruby. :c
    My sister also had her Blaziken dissappear from her Sapphire. :l

Years
  • i'm sure i lost a budew or something like that on platinum. i'm not sure mind, but i think i did. but then again, i never thought about it being a glitch or something like that. i just thought it was me being forgetful or something...

Divine~Deoxys

Yeah, i accidentally released Rayquaza on Emerald while sorting pokes in boxes for migration. I was just lucky i already had four of them on Diamond

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Not me, but my cousin randomly lost his Raichu once, in his Silver, I think it was.
    He also thinks he lost a Whismur in Saphire, but I'd say he just misplaced it because it didn't have any real value. And I have a sneaking suspicion it was hacked, after he used it to obliterate over half my team :/.

Divine~Deoxys

Lol. I've never hacked or cloned, and i've never lost a poke from a pc box.

On Emerald i lost Kyogre out of my party

Nyjil da Kid

Jambalaya of Justice League
    Years
  • I forgot why but on Silver, m friends whole box 'disappeared'. He couldn't take out/ put in anything...i think it wuz my fault because I cut the game off during our battle...oops!

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • Well this has never happened to me and... I hope it never does. Its happened to my friend though and he lost a whole box of pokemon. At first he thought his little brother deleted all his pokemon but he eventually found out that his pokemon mysteriously disappeared.

Back