• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Dissapearing Pokémon?

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
Years
  • My shiny orange graveler went missing. i was so pissed. why does it do that?

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2009
    i have i had a lvl 70ish flygon sent over from colaceum and cudent find it then a metagross lvl 100 i was well ?,!£ed off

Alexstrasza

Luxray Fanatic.
    Years
  • Well, I emailed Game-Freak (they are freaks for f@&king us all around like this) and they say that it was probably caused by people turning off the game during a save...

I was like... YER because we all do that don't we -.-

I am guessing it something to do with a Hexadecimal digit that black holes everytime we turn it on.... and their programming happens to sometimes place our beloved Pokés in those hexadecimal memory spaces...
    So that this happens

000 --> Pokemon placed in box --> 81f (random) --> Save game successfully --> Turn off --> Turn on again --> Black holes the hexadecimal digit to 000 --> Pokémon erased...

But thats all a wild guess

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • No, not that I recall. If any of you are using the cloning glitch, then that is why your Pokemon disappear. No Pokemon of mine ever disappeared.
    I feel bad for anyone who did though.

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
  • Eek!!! What if I lose my favorite Pokemon?!

This did happen to me and I NEVER turn off the game during a save!
    I was busy breeding for a riolu with lucario and ditto and I got the egg,it hatched, evolved it and I went to train it and it disapeared!!! ( I put it in my pc beforehand)

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    There has been a time when I was at the Battle Tower, and I wanted to obtain my Blaziken back from my PC. I checked all the boxes [including my team I have with me] and it wasn't there. I was assured I didn't trade it away or anything similar to that as I had the Blaziken a few minutes before I went to the Battle Tower.

At first I really missed it--it had quite lucky IV's, but it's just a game of course, and I got over it.
    I'll never know how it mysteriously went away, but I've got another Blaziken that has some pretty good IV's and EV's and everything I need it to have.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Wow, people are telling really ridiculous stories and ideas here. -.- Here's the thing, that would not happen. When glitches happen they are random. They don't ever do something as specific as that because glitches have neither knowledge nor free will. They are simple natural holes in hex that will always appear to make something totally messed up nonsense, just because nobody's perfect. A bug is an exaggeration of a game's programming that causes a problem that, oftentimes, cannot be avoided. What you guys are describing would never happen the way you're describing it due to a widespread glitch.

If you lost a Pokemon it is most likely due to a cloning issue (which is a bit of a bug) or you just lost track of it. It's not going to disappear from your PC because that is something we would all definitely hear about, considering even the latest game has been out for over a year.
    Sometimes I get the feeling I've lost something from my box but it is just my bad memory, or possibly I wasn't looking hard enough. :/

Alexstrasza

Luxray Fanatic.
    Years
  • Wow, people are telling really ridiculous stories and ideas here. -.- Here's the thing, that would not happen. When glitches happen they are random. They don't ever do something as specific as that because glitches have neither knowledge nor free will. They are simple natural holes in hex that will always appear to make something totally messed up nonsense, just because nobody's perfect. A bug is an exaggeration of a game's programming that causes a problem that, oftentimes, cannot be avoided. What you guys are describing would never happen the way you're describing it due to a widespread glitch.

If you lost a Pokemon it is most likely due to a cloning issue (which is a bit of a bug) or you just lost track of it. It's not going to disappear from your PC because that is something we would all definitely hear about, considering even the latest game has been out for over a year.
    Sometimes I get the feeling I've lost something from my box but it is just my bad memory, or possibly I wasn't looking hard enough. :/

Woah, relax... I never said they did it on purpose, and I said that the programming may RANDOMLY place your Pokemon in a Blackholing hex... so don't get your panties in a bunch... read my post first pl0x

MiniEggs

Working On Something Spritey.
    Years
  • I don't think it's a particular box or anything, it's probably just a glitch. I lost my best Bellossom.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Yes, that happened to me too, I once had a Pikachu I migrated and left it in one of the PC Boxes.
    A few days later I came back looking for it and couldn't find it.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Woah, relax... I never said they did it on purpose, and I said that the programming may RANDOMLY place your Pokemon in a Blackholing hex... so don't get your panties in a bunch... read my post first pl0x
    Lol, I'm not. xD I wasn't even talking about you. I said stories, not theories. And I never said they would do it on purpose. But if there was an actual certifiable glitch here, somebody would have been notified a long time ago...

i had a level 100 drapion from the gts in my pearl version (this is a major glitch) dissapear, i looked in my PC then my party and then in the daycare and didnt find him, about a month after i was breading cyndaquils and the daycare man had an egg for me, i talked to him and i got an egg, i ran around for ages and got really anoyed that it hadnt hachted, i checked it and in then i yelded out WHAT THE F**K. my drapion had appeared in my party in place of an egg,i looked at his name (it was a strange japanese name that i could not read when i got it) and it had changed to EGG,my drapion had been transformed into an egg and back again STRANGE
    I was talking about this.

similar thing hapened ot me and my friend.

we did trade evolutions.

i sent electabuzz/magmar to him and he sent graveler/kadabra

when we were seinding them back,we lost wifi.

and they were gone from our parties.

crazy thing is he caught the electabuzz and magmar later on in the wild.i found his golem while surfing at lake valor.lol
    And this.

Not to mention shiny Graveler and Mightyena are not orange.
    Spr_4p_075_s.png
    Spr_4d_262_s.png

piplupboy9

Water master
    Years
  • my Best pokemon Girantina went thre weeks ago and last year on my pokemon Pearl went my Charizard form my brother old leaf green

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

its gone waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

it was all wifi it crashed with my friend

Last edited:

Terror

I do all my own stunts.
    Years

Can I just state that this thread was with the intention of vanilla (not AR'd, no glitches etc.) pokemon games from Gen IV, in normal gameplay, no crashes while saving, no wifi disconnects, no failed cloning attempts etc. .

I definitely had the slugma in question, I don't really care about loosing it, I'm just worried that I might loose my Manaphy, or something.

Previously I thought I had lost pokemon, but put it down to "bad memory" as you stated, but this particular pokemon I was looking at just the night before, while discussing it with my GF. I hatched a couple of eggs, saved, went to bed and in the morning the slugma had disappeared from the PC.

The reason this may not be a well known glitch might be that it has some pretty unique conditions (just look at the Gen1 mew glitch(es)). Another reason might be that people simply assume they've just forgotten what they've done with the pokemon in question.

(plus I had the slugma in my 'dex, and I've not even traded online with this game yet).

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2011
    This always happened to me in my Pokemon Yellow version. It was actually kind of funny, looking back on it. My first grade mind suddenly noticed that my freshly caught Articuno AND my Zapados were gone, and I was devestated. I was smart enough to save before challenging the first one, but not smart enough to save before challenging the second, so I just restarted and reappeared by Articuno.

Back then I'd had the crazy idea that it was because I'd had six Pokemon in my party and the Pokemon in the box had gotten lonely and ran away, so for the rest of those games if I caught a good Pokemon while I had six Pokemon I'd fly back to the Pokemon Center with my fingers crossed, and pull the Pokemon out of the box for an hour or two.

I do not think I've lost a Pokemon since then, and the first three were known for being glitchy, I'd always assumed it was a glitch, like the time I'd found a wild Beedrill in Mt. Moon!

Back